Connection issues (still??)

_Valiant_
_Valiant_ Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
Hello,
I've been experiencing severe connection issues this weekend. I've heard others complain a lot too (through coalition chat and discord).
It manifests itself in almost every aspect of the game where it needs to communicate with your servers: matches not concluding, finding matches, assigning decks, claiming packs, ...
I have to do everything at least twice after a successful action. First wait until it fails and tells me there has been an error, then do it again, after which it mostly works. But there have been cases where nothing helped, like after one of my coalition matches (which are the really important ones).: the infamous SWW bug ("Something went wrong").
I have played this game for years now and this issue is a recurring one. I actually just returned after a long hiatus and to be honest, I was baffled to encounter this issue again, already in my second weekend of playing again. It is a problem that has plagued this game as ling as I have been playing it, really lowering my enjoyment of what is otherwise a really fun game to me, which I've also put a lot of money into (especially in the past and just recently acquired VIP status as I want to return to this game for a longer period of time again).
I -and 'we' in general, as I see so many familiar names in our Phoenix Family from years back still playing- would really appreciate a permanent solution on this connection problem, if possible. I really wonder what the underlying issue is here. At least clear communication would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Valiant

P.S. I also sent this as a support issue communication.
Tagged:

Comments

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Same here, can't get past the main screen.   They need to make submitting tickets easier since you can't get into the game and not many people know about the forums or bother posting here.
  • Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    I just lost all my points for a perfect round because of this ****. This app is a mess 
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    I am also encountering this issue this weekend. I even tried rebooting my device but every load has to fail before it will liad.
  • Lady_River
    Lady_River Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I also keep getting this issue. It takes like more than 5 minutes to just open a pack. Like I'm used to my countrie's internet being bad but that's just beyond bad. 
  • Zethish
    Zethish Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Same here, this weekend has been especially bad. I have even encountered small freezes inside matches where the screen gets stuck for a second or two before continuing.
    I'm very confident the issue is on the server side and not on my end.
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    sww and game server not reachable in any situation. harm esp. lost games are also reported from my team mates
  • Muhhh
    Muhhh Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Same here. Every action in the game leads to the spinning wheel and an error notification. 
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Yep, haven't been able to successfully fully load the game all weekend.
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Same issue.  If it helps Im playing on android 6.0.  Ive done a reinstall as well, which anecdotally helped for a couple games.
  • Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    I’m on an iOS 8
  • _Valiant_
    edited August 2020
    This weekend is again filled with problems... please take this seriously. How many polite tickets do we have to send before this gets a decent fix?

Again people losing games because of connection issues. Again 2 claimed booster that were SWW'd but were added to my inventory nonetheless. Opening boosters is one of the highlights of this game... even if it is dupes most of the time.

If you can't/won't fix these issues, please allow us the decency of a clear answer/reasoning so we know what we are putting our money in.

What is it you want to create, a money grabber? Or a game that people (can) enjoy which makes you money? I would just like to know where I'm at.

Thank you,

Valiant
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Yup I can't access my Facebook account 
  • Drakmor
    Drakmor Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Same here. Right after Nodes of Power ended, something wrong happened. Suddenly it logged me out and I can't access my Facebook account since then. I put a ticket considering this issue. Somehow I feel better that it's not only me :(
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Same problem all weekend. Monday morning, no issues.
  • _Valiant_
    And here we are again. Same problems... Every step, from loading the game, Assigning decks, Getting a match, ... Every step has to try at least 2 times. It feels like a lottery and that is not the game I want to play.

And again, this is the time it matters most: during the weekend, during coalition play. This is getting beyond annoying.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Couldn’t  agree more. 
    I’m quite sure a lot of people have ‘windows’ of opportunity to play. These times are currently hindered by the game’s performance.
    This is effecting people’s enjoyment of the game. 
    This will lead to players quitting. If not the game completely then high level coalition play or weekend play completely.

i understand that for a lot of people it’s the weekends that count. But can those people count on the servers to cope with the volumes? Currently the answer appears to be NO.
  • Bubbles_CS
    I couldn’t even finish progression rewards in the hydra event last night because I couldn’t bear to suffer through and extra five minutes of loading at all points. It took more time in loading between games than it does to play a game. Unlike the last time this happened, canceling the popup instead of retrying causes the loss of the match (with 90% life lost even), even when the match is won and over.

@Oktagon_Support if tagging you gets your attention on the weekend and you can get someone to look at this, please do. There are lots of bugs in this game, but I do not play when this server issue occurs. I cannot bear it. There should be nothing more concerning to the developers than keeping the servers up and running smoothly.

I won’t open a ticket because waiting two days for them to tell me that they will report the issue won’t fix anything this weekend. At least I am only missing War, which isn’t a big deal for me.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    I couldn’t even finish progression rewards in the hydra event last night because I couldn’t bear to suffer through and extra five minutes of loading at all points. It took more time in loading between games than it does to play a game. Unlike the last time this happened, canceling the popup instead of retrying causes the loss of the match (with 90% life lost even), even when the match is won and over.

@Oktagon_Support if tagging you gets your attention on the weekend and you can get someone to look at this, please do. There are lots of bugs in this game, but I do not play when this server issue occurs. I cannot bear it. There should be nothing more concerning to the developers than keeping the servers up and running smoothly.

I won’t open a ticket because waiting two days for them to tell me that they will report the issue won’t fix anything this weekend. At least I am only missing War, which isn’t a big deal for me.
    Everything seems to be working now
  • Bubbles_CS
    It seems I fixed it ;)

I could use more communication around these issues (an announcement acknowledging the issue and another when it is fixed, even if only on the forums and not in-game), but I am happy to see this resolved (for now). Thanks to whoever put in weekend hours to fix it!
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    The team is aware and everything should be back to normal by now. We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience!