New Minion Group - Sentinels

2»

Comments

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    If memory serves, it was generally lower powered mutants that had real problems with sentinels, at least until Nimrod came along, and even then...
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I hate the 'Jump in Front' mechanic! Everytime a Sentinel is about to damage Wolverine, Morph jumps in front to take the damage and dies
    There’s a classic reference from the early 1990s ! 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish I could use Sentinels on my own team so I could recreate the greatest scene in all the Fox X-men movies.

(Spoilers for a 6 year old movie.)

https://youtu.be/MFb5KWp9pCk?t=41
  • JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    The rewards are trash, what a waste of time. 
  • JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Dormammu said:
    I wish there were a dozen more PvE 'trash' events like this every day that I could play at any time at any pace, where I don't have to think about how fast or optimal I am clearing nodes. I could just have fun and experiment with teams.
    So you want more events like these that don't have good rewards, is what im understanding. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Dormammu said:
    I wish there were a dozen more PvE 'trash' events like this every day that I could play at any time at any pace, where I don't have to think about how fast or optimal I am clearing nodes. I could just have fun and experiment with teams.
    So you want more events like these that don't have good rewards, is what im understanding. 
    Then you're not understanding the point of these. Normal pve and pvp are about the rewards,  they can be frustrating and time consuming so the rewards need to be worth it.

Events like introducing..., aim high,  and sentinel value are to introduce us to the new character/goons. They are very easy,  not time consuming,  don't need to be played in any optimal way,  and can just be messed with at your leisure. 

The rewards aren't the point,  they're just an extra bonus for doing it. Just frosting on the cupcake. 
  • krakenoon
    I’m a bit torn on these events. As far as Introducing is concerned, I have to admit I once complained about the pitiful rewards but have enjoyed the opportunity to play around with new characters & getting a little backstory. I will mention (again) that the artwork in these events is too small for me to truly appreciate.

While it is also nice to play against new minions before they are fully integrated into events, they have only made me think even more that there needs to be some type of a proper Danger or HARM room. Select opponents, SCL & team, then do battle with no impact to your roster for no rewards.

Finally, there is the question of dev hours. It can be easy for us, as individuals to say what we think the devs should be spending (wo)man-hours on but all companies have a hierarchy and vision. At the same time, lack of engagement with the community, being what it is, leaves a number of us feeling like the devs don’t care about the pleasure we look to get out of the games we play.
  • bluewolf
    This event along with "Introducing" and Welcome to SHIELD is the type of thing we used to ask for, and ask for.  Untimed events we can play (and replay).  Now they are a regular thing.

The rewards may not be as good as, say, the Gwenpool quest event (a full 4* cover) but they apparently weren't willing to keep giving that away for a low effort type of thing.  (On the other hand, we get more 4* covers than ever from playing PVE and PVP.)

I suppose maybe one thing that held them back from running these events more was specifically the rewards attached.  I mean a 4* cover isn't what it was - there are over 100 of them! - so a if a partial cover is what is needed to make it possible, I can deal with that. I am all for these types of events and am glad the devs are taking the time to put them together.
  • krakenoon
    Personally, I don’t see why they ever took the Gwenpool event away. It seemed well balanced enough to provide a reasonable challenge to those of us who were chasing 4 stars without making it a slog and the rewards table wasn’t something anyone would turn their nose up at nor was it game breaking. I could understand there being an issue of hours in a work week & updates, but it would help a ton with bad builds (which is still a thing) and building up the numerous 4s that have no feeder.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Remember Support Circuit? I miss that the most. I guess it went to the great Circuit City in the sky...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    Remember Support Circuit? I miss that the most. I guess it went to the great Circuit City in the sky...
    Yeah that was short-lived and never made its promised comeback.
  • bluewolf
    Dormammu said:
    helix72 said:
    That seems unfair. 

Circuit City was around for a pretty long time. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    helix72 said:
    Short Circuit did get a sequel, but it wasn't nearly as good as the first one.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    helix72 said:
    Short Circuit did get a sequel, but it wasn't nearly as good as the first one.
    But it did have even more Fisher Stevens in brown face.  I mean, what were they even thinking back then?