New X-Men Heroics HP Store

Options
shap328
shap328 Posts: 61 Match Maker
Interesting. 4x odds on getting X-Men, with the 2/3/4 pull rate the same as regular Heroics. Thoughts?

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Who cares.
    Other than maybe players breaking into the 4* tier who don't have Juggs covered yet and even then they shouldn't spend in this store but should sharget him instead.
    KGB
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IF 5s were included then it's a store to hit lol but no 5s so hard pass.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No Fives, pass
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you want a specific 4* X-character at 4x odds, and buy 3 40s, you can get a full cover in shards. Odds of pulling that character naturally in those packs is around 2-3%.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    If you want a specific 4* X-character at 4x odds, and buy 3 40s, you can get a full cover in shards. Odds of pulling that character naturally in those packs is around 2-3%.
    One 4* for the round sum of $200 in HP. Now that's a bargain! 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow. You are all so cynical. 
    This is something different and clearly linked to the "sentinel value" pve that's appeared.

I won't be buying from this store but awesome to see them doing something fresh
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wasn’t trying to be cynical. It is just disappointing that it’s not somehow better. 

Like what if you got bonus shards if you selected one of these 16 featured characters?  Or could earn some tokens?
    As it is, it's not even as good as the old 50/50 split on Latests.  And it costs more to pull from this store; in the old days with 50/50 weighted towards Latest 12, you just paid the standard rate and got more of those characters.

I'd even be happier if they charged the going rate for Heroics but had the slightly better odds on the 16.  To "give" just a small thing to us vs charging a premium rate to pull with less-pernicious dilution in place.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Omegased said:
    This is something different and clearly linked to the "sentinel value" pve that's appeared.

People just wanted something that was new and interesting for them.  Most of the vets here on the forums are firmly entrenched in 5* land.  Spending HP on heroic tokens is basically a waste of money and effort for that tier of player.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Omegased said:

People just wanted something that was new and interesting for them.  Most of the vets here on the forums are firmly entrenched in 5* land.  Spending HP on heroic tokens is basically a waste of money and effort for that tier of player.
    In my opinion spending HP on Heroic Tokens is a waste for EVERY tier of player.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Omegased said:

In my opinion spending HP on Heroic Tokens is a waste for EVERY tier of player.
    Personally, I agree, especially in the new, reduced HP environment. But at least for 2*-4* players, opening a heroic has some chance of providing meaningful roster progress.  
    The best result a 5* player could possibly hope for from a heroic token is an extra champ level for a feeder, so ~1/20 of 1/13 of a 5* (if that 5* is from 2019 or earlier). And that is only if you actually get the 4* you want. Spending $ money on that is utterly indefensible.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    I'm at that point too. I have 15+ champed 5s, and like I said, this is absolutely not for me.

but the fact their bringing more stuff into the middle game, means they're still working on new things
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This place is mainly dominated by 5* players or long time vets who are highly focused on perfection, precise planning and utilization of resources and minimum cash usage on the game. So, It's difficult to find something that pleases them and yet, not upset the "balance" of the game.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    This place is mainly dominated by 5* players or long time vets who are highly focused on perfection, precise planning and utilization of resources and minimum cash usage on the game. So, It's difficult to find something that pleases them and yet, not upset the "balance" of the game.

Umm, I am pretty sure that the consensus here on the forums among us horrible vets who think about things like optimization is that both "Introducing" and "Welcome to Shield" are good additions to the game.  So that's two things that were pretty well received just in the past few months.  and I don't think they have upset the balance of the game. . .
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kindly stop with your baseless accusations. It got very tiring and wearisome long ago.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I think the attitudes towards the dev when changes occured over the years are pretty solid evidences and proofs. Sure, there are some changes that make them happy. But, many a times,  they do not.  You can continue to deny it, but the attitudes say otherwise. To add on, the tips given to new players are pretty much focus on maximum gain and minimum waste of resources most of the time.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My tips to newer players are never PvP after your 8th beer of the night, bacon tastes good and that She Hulk will steal your AP.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2020
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    My tips to newer players are never PvP after your 8th beer of the night
    I know I was doing something wrong. If only I had this advice 1500 days ago.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    I think the themed packs are good in theory, but this one is not for me.  I was more intrigued by the offer where you get shards for your favorited character, but again, not enough to buy it
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reecoh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    My tips to newer players are never PvP after your 8th beer of the night
    I know I was doing something wrong. If only I had this advice 1500 days ago.

Yeah - it certainly slowed my progress down. At first I thought PvP was just a cruel and mean place but it turns out I was just drunk.