CL10 sinister carnage medusa CN - help please

2»

Comments

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Steve111 said:
    especially as we are forced to play cl10 because of recent changes to the points structure. 

who forced you? if it was your commander then is time to ditch that place
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    To the heroes who suggested vulture ihulk, all my thanks. To those that suggested cl9, not to play, give up, use whales, ummmmm..... well thanks I guess. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    It takes a long time and a bit of luck but the iHulk/ Vulture combo can do it if you don’t mind him dying over 100 times 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://youtu.be/2H5uWRjFsGc

iHulk’s theme song. Obviously. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used them in the 5E as well. Holy tinykitty I love iHulk so much. At one point he took a Penance Stare for a bit shy of half a million damage and just...stood back up.
    It does take some getting used to not flinching when he dies and all the tiles switch to Vulture's symbol, tho.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    I gotta ask....

Why is it SOOOOOOO bad to use Whales?

Its a resource, plain and simple.  In fact, it's a resource that you have to ACTIVELY farm (use 3* DP once per day) if you want to keep that resource flush and ready.

No one's cheating by using it.  You can use it in PvE or PvP.  In PvP, it gets you a win, and sets up an easy retal for the opponent, meaning you can expect a retal coming soon...  in PvE, it can get you through a particularly horrible fight without all the stress of "perfect play" or a "horrible board".

It doesn't dent your statistics, mar your profile, or give you an asterisk on your record somewhere.

If it's just your pride, well... that's on you.  That's a personal construct and while that's all well-n-good, that shouldn't be forced on others (much like how Bishop is forced upon us in PvP).

The only reasons I can get behind completely is that you don't actually have the DP points to use Whales, or that they're precious and few, so you wanna save them for a different fight.  Those make sense.  I personally don't like to use a resource unless it'll give me enough of an improvement to make it worthwhile -- in these cases, it will alleviate my stress by getting rid of the Sinister team.  :)

It just seems silly that we ALL have this resource (as long as you the player chooses to farm it), and yet there's a taboo about using it.  If anything, it should be respected more -- using a "Whales" is TEN DAYS worth of farming (approx).  You earned the win by spending 10 days of a resource.

I mean... that's how my brain works it out.  It's 10 days.  I spent 40 days worth of resource on this PvE Simulator so far --  and I earned those 4 wins.