When will Ikoria exclusives be added to VIP and standard non dupe packs?

Options
redryder
redryder Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
They’re already available for crafting so why not in the VIP packs?

Comments

• Ypgi
    Ypgi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    When iKO came out, they ‘forgot’ to do this (blaming an internal communication error) and corrected it in a push about a day or so after the new set. Hopefully they will do the same thing soon
  • Ypgi
    Options
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hi everyone,

As warned since the 4.1 release, the Boosters that contain the Exclusives for IKO will be the ones you receive after the 4.4 update.
    The Boosters you collected on the last game version (4.3), will not be updated.
  • Ypgi
    Options
    Can you provide a link? Where does it say that? I would have cancelled my Pro membership after Ikoria if I had seen that change coming
  • Ypgi
    Options

Exclusive Cards

Exclusive Cards will be available in Boosters only after a new Standard set has been released. Then these cards are considered regular cards and lose their Exclusive tag.

• The exclusive cards from a specific set will be added to the VIP Booster, Basic Booster (Standard), Rare Card (Standard), Mythic Booster Pack (Standard), and Masterpiece Booster Pack (Standard) when the new Standard set arrives. (All these mentioned boosters are from the Standard area in the Vault. This doesn’t apply to the Elite Collection area, the booster from Elite Collection will not receive the former Exclusive cards since it’s a completely different selection of cards.)

• The Booster Crafting will also have the new regular cards when the former new set is added.

• Ypgi
    Options
    My post above is what you said when fixing this issue when Ikoria came out. Then, THB exclusives were added to the VIP and Basic boosters, in the same way that they became available in THB boosters and for crafting. 

I have seen NOTHING which suggested the approach above would be any different.
    edited July 2020
    Options
    All Boosters that have been kept in the Vault from the former release will not update. The description in the Booster category indicates the collections you can receive in that booster.
    All of them are updated in the new version and can be only received on the new version of the game.
    There isn't a possibility of adding cards from the new release to boosters from the old version of the game.
  • Ypgi
    Options
    That completely contradicts your 4.2 statement about exclusive cards, where it says that they will be “added” to VIP boosters
  • Ypgi
    Options
    Also, if I had kept IKO boosters unopened, would they now contain the exclusive cards?
  • Muhhh
    Muhhh Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Ypgi said:
    Also, if I had kept IKO boosters unopened, would they now contain the exclusive cards?
    They do. 
  • Ypgi
    Options
    Muhhh said:
    Ypgi said:
    They do. 
    Thanks for confirming. So, they are added to regular boosters but not VIP boosters, which makes VIP boosters WORSE than ordinary boosters. 

Unless this is fixed, I’m cancelling my VIP and requesting a refund. I am so done with these repeated unannounced changes which make VIP membership worse than useless. 
    Options
    The VIP and Standard Booster already contain the IKO Exclusive cards.
    To get the IKO Exclusive cards from these boosters, you have to receive them after the update.
    All Boosters that have been kept in the Vault from the former release will not update. The description in the Booster category indicates the collections you can receive in that booster.
  • Ypgi
    Options
    The VIP and Standard Booster already contain the IKO Exclusive cards.
    To get the IKO Exclusive cards from these boosters, you have to receive them after the update.
    No, they don’t. When I go to look at the cards available in my Ikoria VIP Boosters and Standard boosters including the IKO set, the exclusive cards are not there.

As above, this was not the behaviour described in the 4.2 notes, which said the exclusives would be added to VIP boosters once the new set came out. It is also not what happened with the previous set - when IKO came out, THB exclusives were added to THB VIP Boosters and Standard boosters including the THB set. 

So, when M21 came out, Ikoria exclusives should have been added to VIP boosters which include the Ikoria set - they haven’t been, hence the OP’s question.
  • Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Last time (as previously mentioned) there was an issue that had to be updated to make the "exclusives" in hoarded Standard and VIP packs available.

The issue about the VIP updating while not claimed from the inbox is a separate issue to the one in question.

No one is arguing the changes to VIP packs, but just like with THB the already claimed VIP\non-dupe packs have not been updated with the "exclusives" from the set that have dropped the "exclusive" tag.

I actually sent in a ticket about this issue last time and had it was corrected within the day.

No one is asking for their IKO and past boosters be updated with M21 cards, we're asking IKO boosters to have the IKO cards that have now lost their exclusive tag.
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support

I'm sorry, but this just doesn't hold water.  You are saying that it isn't possible to add IKO exclusives to the IKO VIP/Standard packs... but you CAN retroactively add them to the normal IKO booster packs?  I'm sorry, that is nonsense. You definitely CAN.

And you are flatly incorrect when you state that ALL packs stored in the vault will not be updated with IKO exclusives.  I checked this, and my previously stored regular IKO boosters DID contain the IKO exclusives. 

Besides this, Exclusives were in fact added to the THB VIP/standard packs, although not initially.  You stated at that time that exclusives WOULD be added to VIP/Standard packs on set release as noted above.

Additionally.. it is now confusing as heck. Your headings for standard and VIP/Standard cards don't indicate what you are claiming AT ALL.  They SHOULD say content available: ORI, GRN, RNA, WAR, M20, ELD, TBD + IKO (except IKO exclusives).  And Content available: IKO (except Exclusives)  and the NEW VIP M21 packs should say, Content available: M21 plus IKO exclusives.

You have to realize that what you are claiming is just nonsense... it is obvious that you are prepared for us to be upset about this... which means that you know that it wasn't communicated well, or you were making an unannounced policy change.  And on top of that, it was done poorly.

I just can't tell if this is just work that you don't want to do, or if Oktagon is actively trying to de-value our VIP/Standard boosters.  Both are bad form... you can do better.

And if it wasn't clear... my opinion is that if a pack says "contains IKO" it should contain ALL of IKO that the ADVERTISED understanding is that it will contain ALL of IKO.  If you want to make a policy change, you need to put a caviat on that label to tell us (no IKO exclusives).  You won't get around the fact that this was done retroactively... so yeah... still upset if you do that.
  • Michael_WC
    Options
    I swear, I come to this game to take a break from real life and it is beginning to feel like a second job with all of the headaches it brings.
  • Ypgi
    Options
    @Michael_WC, I agree. I was looking forward to using my VIP packs to get the IKO exclusives, and to playing with the new set. This has soured the fun. I’m really hoping i’s just a mistake which will be fixed.
  • Michael_WC
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Ypgi said:
    @Michael_WC, I agree. I was looking forward to using my VIP packs to get the IKO exclusives, and to playing with the new set. This has soured the fun. I’m really hoping i’s just a mistake which will be fixed.
    I'm in the same boat, the exclusives are the only value the non-dupe packs bring to the table. While they did update THB as discussed, if they choose to go this route of not including former exclusives into hoarded packs [IKO and beyond]....then yeah, this whale is out.