What kind of new feature(s) do you think we will see at Anniversary?

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
Lead Designer Paige Pettoruto was on the ComicCon stream and mentioned that they are working on some roster sorting options for the near future (Saved Teams?  Finally?).  She also said they have some new features they are planning for the Anniversary.

This could set it apart from the past couple Anniversaries which were very predictable with some bundles, some PVPs and Crashes featuring Limited 4s, Double Iso, the big Anniversary vault, Fan Favorite store, etc.

So.......What kind of new feature do you think is likely?  What would YOU like to see?  Speculate away!*

Hopefully something that makes the game feel fresh, even after 7 years!

* OP is not responsible for unrealistic expectations that some players may have.  This IS still a FTP mobile game....

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roster Sorting would be extremely helpful.  Saved Teams would also be good, but better roster sorting would take priority for me.

Any sort of support for supports, including ways to upgrade them.  HP.  CP.  Something to kick those LVL 1 supports up to a more useful item.

Reworking characters that really need it, rather than the super fast release schedule.  The most recent event featuring 5-star Hulk has reminded me just how terrible of a character he really is.  Treat the reworked character as a new release event, even...

Chances for tokens for the "limited" characters.  Spider Ham in the Basilica event was something I'd forgotten about until our alliance hit LVL 8 at the end.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Saved Teams would be very nice

I'd love to see every 5 star get a feeder

I'd like to see the Deadpool Daily get an overhaul for stronger Rosters. Make it harder but give me better rewards.

Maybe a new Single Player every that you can casually play without the stress of getting hit, or having to grind non-stop to decent placement rewards

Maybe introduce a new color!??! That would be pretty wild

Maybe a new type of Special tile? We have Attack, Defense ,Strike but what about a Heal? When you match it you get a burst of health. Shot in the dark here 

How about getting rid of Limited Characters? They are pretty pointless to lock behind a yearly paywall. Throw them in Classics and that will be the same thing. 

Lastly the most outrageous feature of all.......

Cover Trading to Alliance members. I'd like to help my Alliance grow stronger, and if I pull a  Rogue cover ( mine is 319) but an Alliance member has  his Rogue at 5/2/5, I'd like to trade that to him, so he gets stronger and is able to place higher in events and what not. I don't know how they could implement this without people abusing it, but just a thought. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    With all of the updates to the support UI I would not be surprised to see some sort of upgrade to supports and making them more available.  Maybe a new way of upgrading low level supports into higher star levels.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    They teased a new goon type in the stream, and we have AIM goons now.

I'm hoping for a standard 3 or 4 day event focusing on them, so they get into the overall rotation more often. In an ideal world, each type (AIM + the other one) would get their own event, then future events can work on mixing them (like AIM + Maggia, or Dark Avengers + other new goons, etc). 

My other hope is some sort of Support change. Just sticking tokens in  more often would be nice, but a new Support Circuit, maybe even new Supports, or (pipe dream) a way to acquire Infinity Stones for normal players, those things would be awesome too.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking it could be a new currency for Supports. Think CP. We can earn them to pull for Supports. 

A couple of years back, there was a rumour of an Ascension system. I've no idea who started that but the idea is pretty cool. It has to do with resetting your max champed characters to their base champ level.

New PvP system. They did a survey mostly centering around PVPs a few years ago and offered a few options on the preferred way of seeing opponents in PvPs.

I'm leaning towards something Support related, given the amount of love Support has been getting.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I would REALLY like better roster management.

the Best example of this is D3adpool. i want to use him every day in the Deadpool dailies, but I just can't be bothered scrolling through the 120+ characters I have at a higher level than him (even when he's at 266).

there's some great fourstars that I would use more that I just don't, because they get lost in my roster and I forget they exist.

as for other features, I'm not a big fan of limited characters. i feel like the work needed to max them doesn't pay off. 
    I'd love to see a "Classic Legends store" sale. maybe lower the classics to 15cp for the week? give us all a fighting chance to actually roster those characters.

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    a new character

• Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Feeder for 5s and 4s. Introduce a new storyline during anniversary time and a 5 store for shards to get classic characters a chance to be champed unless they're Bruce...boo on him. Although I did champ 5 Wasp so will still champ Boo Bruce. (She had 10 covers waiting to be gained by champing her is how I rationalized doing it don't judge me)
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like to see them backtrack the aspect ratio change. Make 3:4 the default going forward and add the bars (top/bottom) to mobiles. Better yet, use the extra realestate on the mobile to show the full profile image and pin the ap bars.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    That April Fools gag with the adjustable sized board was hilarious, I really was hoping to play that.

SCLs for DDQ, or shifting the * tier up with Crash of the Titans being a solo 5* node maybe

something meaningful happening with supports would be nice, and seems likely.

Maybe some way to send your un-used heroes on "away team" missions to earn resources for you while away. Or just have loaned-out characters that go to your alliance mates earn some credits of some kind once they get used.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I’d like to see roster limiting where characters are limited to X amount of times per 24 hours , in both offense and defense . It would add variety to one dimensional players who play the same team ad nauseum and make them use strategic lineups instead of mindless repetitiveness 
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Hopefully this happens before then but this is what I want:

-the nerf for bishop and worthy cap
    -buff certain other characters that need it the most
    -feeders for the 5* that have gone into classic tokens that haven't got one yet such as sinister brb etc
    -new pve stories with the new enemies
    -classic leg tokens as rewards so you have more chance of levelling older characters such as in shield resupply as you do get latest tokens already in there.
    -update to daily deadpool event
    - return of heroic events so more of my roster is used
  • bluewolf

Maybe some way to send your un-used heroes on "away team" missions to earn resources for you while away. Or just have loaned-out characters that go to your alliance mates earn some credits of some kind once they get used.
    A few years ago they asked us in a poll about adding something like away team missions.  Nothing came of it, of course.

One thing you should always ask yourself is how anything they put in helps them as well as us.

Making more of the 4* people we have rostered somehow benefit us beyond the extremely infrequent run in PVE and 4 DDQs a year would probably a good place to have a win/win for players (rewards beyond the occasional champ level) and create incentive to roster more people. Roster slots remain a big need for many players, so creating incentive to keep people rostered/roster more people would be a good move on the part of the devs.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    Red Skull. And a new 2*s. Like 3 of them.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Something to spend all this ISO on...
  • Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Bundles I want bundles
  • bluewolf
    Jexy said:
    Bundles I want bundles
    I’m pretty sure they have that covered. 

Maybe this was sarcastic......
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    A non-competitive mode like the prologue, only scaled to your roster with appropriate rewards.  Maybe a new story that refreshes monthly.  Do it all at once.  Take your time.  Even make it replayable as a sandbox to try out new teams.  But nothing that relies on timers, shields, slices, or limited timeframes in which to play.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would really like a new Boss battle - Anniversary is a great time for this.
    I would be quite happy if we could have Gwen Prix, Support Circuit and similar back, even if only for Anniversary limited run until it is decided what is being done to take them out of mothballs (not sure Gwen Prix was ever mothballed, possibly lost down the back of the sofa).
    Just a little bit of variety.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    For UI / QOL improvements,  I would love to see a "repeat node" option after a match, and a symbol between green and red mark to show you have hit it 4 times (non wave nodes, I guess), ideally just replace the symbol with a number of times you have hit