Basilica level 520 Venom node

2»

Comments

• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I used Agent Venom. Deny green. Hit with red at over 14 twice then a few hits from his cheap black. Match over. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I just fought my longest 1v1 battle I think. I first brought Miles but couldn't get him to go invisible soon enough. So I went for 4* Prof X. I got invisible about half health. There was 1 protect tile out, and before it got matched eventually, it had gone over 10k. Having to chew through 70k of enemy health just by match damage and the occasional match-5 is a slug, I can tell you that. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had great success using Yelena on all of these 1v1 boss fights. 5,5,3 And the enemy never fired off a power.

She is probably the best AP suppressor in 5* land right now, at least against any opponent that doesn't have cheap powers. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yelena and Apocalypse are my new go to 5*s for one on one here. Boost APs for Apoc and the fight is over pretty fast.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I tried Prof X, Iceman, Spider-Man (PP and Iron Spider), GladiaThor and Yelena. Yelena got closest of those. 
    Black Panther got it in the end. Spirit of Wakanda went off twice. Denying green was pretty key.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Next 1v1 is 5-star Kingpin (LVL 520 again for me).  No AoE, so Miles does it again.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Hela and denied yellow. Let him get green and she hits him with dogs. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Okoye blows him away , she can negate his damage with fast heal and her red , which I still can never calculate, did about 50K damage or more with 10 TU. 
  • Michael1957
    Vhailorx said:
    I've had great success using Yelena on all of these 1v1 boss fights. 5,5,3 And the enemy never fired off a power.

She is probably the best AP suppressor in 5* land right now, at least against any opponent that doesn't have cheap powers. 
    I use her , Peggy and Okoye on any team without a damaging Passive and no power is fired , Okoye tanks and heals all low level match damage so you don’t even use health packs . 
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    I used Onslaught in all of the 1-1 and didn't have any issues.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Next 1v1 is 5-star Kingpin (LVL 520 again for me).  No AoE, so Miles does it again.
    Curious to hear how onslaught does with this duty. Now that we finally have a 5* with invisibility.
  • Michael1957
    I have a 4/4/4 Legion now which gets champed in 2 days . What is the best build for him ? Not concerned about damage as much as board manipulation 
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    I have a 4/4/4 Legion now which gets champed in 2 days . What is the best build for him ? Not concerned about damage as much as board manipulation 
    Personally I’m doing 4/4/5, since I think destroying 2AP every turn instead of 3 is just fine for his purple (unless the AI is able to match that color every single turn, which isn’t likely)... and I’d rather have two repeaters going for his green. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

Very fitting for that Kingpin in particular!
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Captain America Infinity War won easily on his first try. Had good memomories using him in that one on one PvP a few months ago. With Cap's cheap purple you can prevent Venom from firing his two powers. At the end of the battle Venom was able to cast one power but since Cap was boosted he survived that. The trick with Cap is that you gather all colors for his red finisher so that you also deny Venom his yellow and green all the time. In the end you will have to d o your math ... and boom. One blow is all you need. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also did it with Cap IW. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    SMIW = Spider Man Infinity War of course (I had Invisible Woman in my thoughts). I was considering him as well.

Spidey took care of business for me but it was close on a couple of occassions.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    A little off-topic, but I don't want to start another thread. How did people fare against Doc Ock? I went with Miles again, but Doc got a tentacle out that kept healing him. I eventually quit, bc it wasn't going anywhere.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used IW Cap for all of them and he rarely let me down, and never twice.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    A little off-topic, but I don't want to start another thread. How did people fare against Doc Ock? I went with Miles again, but Doc got a tentacle out that kept healing him. I eventually quit, bc it wasn't going anywhere.
    I had to save up a lot of red and purple, but eventually had enough to take him out with multiple firings of both powers.  That one took me two tries, but mainly because the first one never put any purples on the board for me to match and get the AP to turn invisible.