What's Your Ideal 5* Store Right Now?

Options
2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also meant to respond to the Hawkeye if WCap nerf comment above - I run HE/Coulson/G4mora, so unless the nerf is to Hawkeye it won't change my strategy of shard-targeting the final cover I need for him currently.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also meant to respond to the Hawkeye if WCap nerf comment above - I run HE/Coulson/G4mora, so unless the nerf is to Hawkeye it won't change my strategy of shard-targeting the final cover I need for him currently.
    Same here. Though I’d be bummed if he gets nerfed. I think I only used him in Peggy PVP (obvious reasons) and don’t remember the last time I used him before that. 

However, when I climb high and my only viable targets are a 550 Okoye and IHulk or something similarly crazy, I happily hit those Cap/Hawk teams. Apocalypse/mutant in particular does the job well. But there are other counters (Strange is really good).

Worthy while annoying, needs one specific partner (Hawkeye) to gen AP and another non-specific partner to use it well. Peggy as third was like a perfect storm, but usually in pick 2 they are easily disposed of. Once you take care of Cap (who isn’t passively destroying you and sapping your AP every turn even if he can’t stun you) you just have to deal with Hawkeye with 30 red/blue. It’s not that scary as all his damage is tied to slow countdowns. So you can stun him with Iceman or let Kitty eat the CD tiles (both are mutants). Or bring Professor for another big damage outlet. 
    I’ve said it since the beginning that I believe Bishop is the only truly broken character, though I understand people’s frustrations with Worthy. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    iHulk + Okoye eat WCap/Hawkeye for lunch if you can get a good hit in on turn 1. But Bishop stays a problem till his dying breath when I go up against him.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    iHulk + Okoye eat WCap/Hawkeye for lunch if you can get a good hit in on turn 1. But Bishop stays a problem till his dying breath when I go up against him.

I think there are only 2(.5) ways to go about fighting bishop (at least once you are in 5* land doing enough match damage to proc him with a match3):
    (1) Bring your own stunner bro, make sure to leave at least one or two colors fallow (to avoid proc'ing the ai bishop), target those fallow colers first, and then hope your blue engines starts faster.
    (2) stun immunity.  SS has always been solid against bishop, but was just too far off the 5* meta to be a viable PVP strategy (and don't even mention doc oc!).  But now we have apocalypse, who is either in or adjacent to the meta, and has total stun immunity with a variety of useful partners (mostly prof and bishop himself, but we can presumably expect the number of good mutants in the game to keep growing too). 
    (2.5) dropping down to a 4* team to avoid bishop. This can theoretically be done without actually showing a 4* defensive team (thanks to the anti-cupcake system we all love SO much), but is not necessarily faster if you don't have a good 4* pairing that can reliably handle bishop's 5* buddy.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think right now, the best possible single stores would probably be 

Brb, Kitty and Apocalypse.

or 

Okoye, Thor, Apocalypse (maybe here instead of Apo iH would also be pretty good).

Then for me, as I have most of those already champed, it would probably be Kitty, Ice, and then maybe DD/JJ