What's Your Ideal 5* Store Right Now?

Options
jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
Looking over my roster and now waiting for KM to move into LLs, I was thinking about who I'd most like to be boosting these days if I was going to blow CP on specific 5*s.
I arrived at Okoye, Immortal Hulk, and Daredevil for my own personal LL store.
I've been trying to level up my Okoye whenever possible to keep her above Thor, who has gained a couple levels via Valkyrie, so now I'm just sitting on shards while I try to rebuild a Shuri to get start that feeding again. Then IHulk pairs so well these days with Okoye, so more of him wouldn't bum me out. Then Daredevil is just a personal favorite to play and giving him a bigger health pool and stronger strikes to play with is my jam.
Your turn! Pick three 5*s!

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gambit/Black Suit Spidey/Hawkeye for me.

Thanos or Strange could sub in for Gambit.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I would imagine it's HE/thanos/strange for a lot of newer players as they are the most important old 5* (though strange and thanos have 3* analogues and didn't experience the same value jump as HE).
    For me it would probably be ice/ged/bss.  Bss has a niche use with no perfect substitute. Ged is a personal favorite (I like true healing) and ice is the best stunner in 5* land.
    I am unlikely to cover more than one of them unless 5* acquisition is radically changed.
    Onslaught KM is also decent options as they have unique abilities at the 5* tier (invis and punishing enemy match5s).
    But as boring as it sounds, the single best thing for my playe experience would probably be 40 or 50 extra okoye levels, with maybe a dozen or two BRB levels thrown in.
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 81 Match Maker
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Black Suit Spider-Man / Hawkeye / either Spider-Man or Star Lord
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, if they do nerf Bishop & Cap, I imagine that would take HE off of these lists?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hawkeye / Carnage / Doctor Doom. They are the 3 best 5*s where I don't have 13 covers and I can't get to 13 covers either because they don't have a feeder (Carnage) or I'd need to max champ and dupe their feeder to get enough covers (GED and HE).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hela / Iceman / Apocalypse.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hawkeye, black bolt, havok. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apocalypse/BRB/iHulk
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apacolypse,  brb, okoye

Also wouldn't mind bssm, GE doom, or ice man
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    So, if they do nerf Bishop & Cap, I imagine that would take HE off of these lists?
    Nerfing bishop has little to no impact on HE.  Nerfing worthy would leave him slightly ahead of where he was back before worthy released: valuable for super hard nodes in PVE because coulson (and actually more valuable now thanks to cl10 and gamora).  But he/coulson isn't not great in PVP these days because they lack a stun after HE's first blue arrow, even if the current, slower brbitty meta doesn't penalize their slow speed as much.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have 5 unchamped classics. I’m working on Rescue via sharding her directly. If shes not one who gets screwed out of her yearly shards due to a new release, I should come close to finishing her when she’s essential (should be very soon). 

5* Widow will be finished with 19 feeder covers. So I‘ve made 4*/3* Widow my shardgets. 

That leaves the other three I have unchamped. Banner (3/0/1; 1200 shards), FA Cap (3/1/1; 1175 shards) and Wasp (5/3/1; 310 shards).

So who else is all in on a Banner/Wasp/FA Cap Store!?
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Okoye/Okoye/Okoye

What, is that cheating? Okoye is the one that boosting levels on would do the most to improve my roster.
    I guess if I was looking to finish some interesting characters, I could take Hela and Apocalypse too. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okoye/Iceman/Kitty

I use Iceman a lot in Challenge nodes (and in waves in PVE in 10, he does a great job as well, a solid option).

Okoye is obvious.....Kitty also, although she's less important.

I'd also take BRB over Iceman since he's doing all the dmg in a BRBitty team....mine is only 459 (bad luck there).

Now....ask me how much CP I have on hand (I'll tell you, only 350) and what are the odds I'd be able to take advantage of any store anyway?  The relentless pace of 5's is insane.   :D

Not to mention it seems like every store that is appealing has one or two people you don't care about (BW in Killmonger's with Okoye, for example).....which makes me less motivated to spend a lot of CP in one.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’d go Hawkeye/ Beta Ray/ Thanos. I already have a fully functional Hulkoye so that would be hard to replace regardless. BRB or Thanos would be the third wheel .
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For completion's sake, any combo of Hawkeye, Star-Lord, Loki, Kingpin, or Gambit.

For functionality, Iceman/Okoye first, then Kitty and a 5 that pairs with her (Beta Ray Bill and Apocalypse, though I have a lot of fun with Carnage there too).

But really, I scrape by keeping up with Latest 5's, so even if one of these stores showed up, I probably wouldn't pull from it.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am only pulling from classics with my hard earned CP and never hoard. So a special store that normally isn't announced much in advance wouldn't help me much. I have 14 five-star champed already. A store with fives that have no feeder, are im classics and are underleveled could help me...so it is: 
    Beta Ray Bill, Carnage and Immortal Huk.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brb, Kitty and Apocalypse. Throw in extra chance of 4* bishop and Juggs and they can have 100s of my command pts ♡♡♡
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apocalypse/Apocalypse/Apocalypse would be nice.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    as a non-hoarder, special stores are just a waste for me, so I exclusively spend into latest. All my pre-Kingpin 5*s are in varying degrees of bad shape as well but to play the game, Daredevil/Kitty/Thor I guess. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, I thought we meant hypothetically. I would never have a hoard to bust either. 

In reality special stores are far too short on duration and pop up with little or no notice...so they don’t help me at all.