Hard lock with Hangerbalk Walker [Investigating]

Options
Abracadavers
Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
edited October 2020 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
I was playing the Face the Hydra event, second node, second mode.  I had Hangerback Walker out with some thopter tokens and some faerie tokens from Improbable Alliance.  I also had a Starfield of Nyx in play along with some other supports that were probably not relevant.  The Hydra used one of their planeswalker abilities that killed all my creatures.  It looks like that triggered Hangerback Walker, but the game froze there.  I could see my top creature was Hangerback Walker showing 0 toughness, second was the faeries with 0 toughness and third was the thopters with 1 toughness.  I waited for several minutes in case it was just processing something, but I couldn't even access the game menu so I had to force close the app.

Comments

• Magius
    Magius Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same problem but this time I was using an Aura based deck to generate tokens such Chromanticore, Ghostblade of Eidolon, etc. When the hydra used its ability to destroy all creatures, the entire app got hang. Happened twice and I lost more than 50+ worth of points :disappointed:
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i had an app crash when the same happend on ai side. already reported here but only with low notice
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Same just happened to me; also a token based deck. He had 7 lives at this point, used his ability to kill all my creatures, first creature shows at 1 toughness and it's completely frozen. Also my 2nd loss due to app reset during another match.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This issue is now under investigation.
    Thank you for the feedback!
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We were not able to reproduce it.

In order to help us, please provide the following information (please PM me the answer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• UID*

• What device was used when it happened?

• A list of all cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

• In this case, the more information the player gives to us, the better. 

Thank you,

Marcela.

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Game crashed on me playing the top node in hunter x.
    I was Karn, opponent was Saheeli.
    Opponent put out Quartzwood Crasher and I used my removals over the last few round.
    I cast great Aurora as I have other creatures in hand and I had Hangerbalk Walker in play along with Shadowspear.
    It removed the creatures but as soon as the tokens started to spawn from walker death the game crashed and I was back at the home screen. Phone had been rebooted before playing and nothing else open while playing.

Pixel 3XL Android 11
    Message me for screenshot of my team and UID

• Abracadavers
    Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Unfortunately as it happened months ago, I don't remember the cards in the deck, but I believe I listed all relevant cards and interactions in my initial post.  It hasn't happened to me since, so it might not be reproducible.

Device: Android Samsung Galaxy A5
    UID: 2612928
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Techg and @Abracadavers this happened to me too yesterday on Hunter X Bonder. I added all the info I could gather in this other forum thread:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82737/std-app-crash-on-hangerback-walker-when-destroyed-and-start-creating-tokens-by-ai-couldnt-repr#latest 

It is really easy to reproduce consistently but it only happens if there is something that modifies creatures evergreens on the battlefield.
  • naabaldan
    edited October 2020
    Options
    my last try worked, so it might be true that an additional effect is responsable for the app crash, so i was lucky that time?!
    i remember that no supports where involved that buff those tokens at that time
  • naabaldan
    Options
    Seize the day event and it still happens.
    Scenario
    Opponent has hangar back walker and a thopter token 2x reinforced on the field and than cast a destroy all creatures spell, result app crash on token destruction after that walker was destroyed
    Surely simple to reproduce