StD: App crash on hangerback walker when destroyed and start creating tokens (by AI) [Couldn't Repr]

Options
naabaldan
naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2020 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
I am playing seize the day with a brokhan deck running Llawan, Cephalid empress for his ability to bring all opponents creatures back to its owners hand. this works very fine in all cases but not for hangerback walker when there is no more room in opponents hand an it is destroyed so that its ability triggers and starts creating 8 thopter tokens. the app crashes right after creating the first thopter token and asigning the abilities from active supports to it. It take 2 or 3 seconds until the crash happens while the thopter image stays on the screen, not in its final position but close to it. Cost me my perfect score. Due to the crash, no screenshot, no battlelog.
It looks like the app is trying to return the token while it is created to its owners hand.

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This issue is now under investigation.
    Thank you for the feedback!
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We were not able to reproduce it.

In order to help us, please provide the following information (please PM me the answer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• UID* (Do NEVER post publicly your UID number on the Forum)

• What device was used when it happened?

• Is it related to a specific event (or another specific battle)? Or even another part of the game (when you purchase something, editing deck, entering in any of the screens, when you level up your Planeswalker, etc)?

• If it is in a battle, a list of all cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

• In this case, the more information the player gives to us, the better. 

Thank you,

Marcela.

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    Options
    4.5 was dealing correctly with the tokens on destroying them, so for now, i can say the issue is solved
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @naabaldan This just happened to me like half an hour ago. The issue is not solved at all.

This cost me my perfect score today in Hunter X Bonder. Greg had Hangarback Walker and 1 Thopter already on the battlefield. I used Ruinous Ultimatum to get rid of everything. Since Hangarback Walker was destroyed first but there already was a dead Thopter on the battlefield, when Hangarback tried to create the new 8 Thopters the game just crashed and the app force closed itself. Just like you I couldn't take any battle log screenshot or anything because the app force closed. However when I opened my phone's app manager I was able to take a screenshot of the board when the game crashed. When I tried to access the game from there it rebooted itself and naturally the battle counted as a loss.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/35oh1xf9n7iy2k3/Hangarback Walker App Crash.jpg?dl=0
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After reading the original post and doing some testing with another player we were able to reproduce the app crash really easy and consistently. It can even be done with another tokens, no only Thopters. What you need is some kind of support that gives your creature a basic evergreen. On the first video that I'll post here the Hangarback and the Thopter are destroyed without any support on the battlefield that modifies their basic evergreens and nothing wrong happens, the game continues after the creatures are destroyed. On the second video I had Shadowspear on the battlefield giving Lifelink to my first creature. When the game has 1 Thopter with Lifelink being destroyed and at the same time is creating 8 new Thopters and with different evergreen abilities it crashes the app and force closes the game.

First video without bugs: Hangarback Walker No Bug https://imgur.com/gallery/Z7I7ar5

Second video with the app crashing: Hangarback Walker Bug https://imgur.com/gallery/IZwjv6Y

Deck screenshot of the deck used for crashing the app: Hangarback Walker Bug Deck https://imgur.com/gallery/MfjobGx

I hope you are able to reproduce and correct this issue with the info provided here.