In PvP, does choosing a lower SCL give you easier matches?

Options
124»

Comments

• hstpctech
    hstpctech Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @JackDeath666
    I agree with your thinking. For the past year Chavez has been my 4-star favorite, but didn't pull any legendary tokens during that time so the leveling was very slowly. Carol was a dumb luck, actually. I got hit in a match by her, and I instantly knew her value. When I pulled all of my CP, I got several Carol's covers.

If I champed two 4-stars, wouldn't that upset MMR even further? As of now, I do rely solely on Chavez when facing Karnak or another Chavez. In the last PvP I burned maximum stockpile of gems and health packs for about 40 minutes to get 8 wins. That is not the way for prolonged gameplay, though.

Fortunately, my alliance is active enough as everyone do their login everyday, spend from time to time so there's an extra CP for everyone. The only downside is we never communicate.

Ouch, Devil Dino wasn't a very good hitter, was it? I truly never used that one.
  • hstpctech
    Options
    If I get extra 10 or 20 roster slots to fill the missing 7 1-stars and 10 2-stars, then could I start farming efficiently with:
    357 heroic tokens
    1,933 elite tokens
    1,311 standard tokens

To fully championed 14 2-stars, I would need 144 x 14 = 2,016 covers. For the farming purpose, duplicates are actually better to work with.

Is the calculation correct?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You don't need to roster additional 1*. Farming starts from 2*. It's optional to roster Bag-man. Since you have already rostered him, wait till he's 144 and then sell him.

You need 13 covers to champ 2* to 5*. 
    For 2*, you need another 50 covers to max champ them. 63*13= 819 covers. 

You might want to monitor your ISO-8 usage in PvPs because it seems like you are burning them pretty fast. 

75k ISO-8 is needed to champ 2*, 128k for 3* and 379k for 4* from scratch.

Champing 4* won't upset your MMR because MMR is based on your top 3 to 5 highest levelled characters.  Your lowest top 5 is level 300. A champed 4* is only 270. 
  • hstpctech
    Options
    You don't need to roster additional 1*. Farming starts from 2*. It's optional to roster Bag-man. Since you have already rostered him, wait till he's 144 and then sell him.

You need 13 covers to champ 2* to 5*. 
    For 2*, you need another 50 covers to max champ them. 63*13= 819 covers. 

You might want to monitor your ISO-8 usage in PvPs because it seems like you are burning them pretty fast. 

75k ISO-8 is needed to champ 2*, 128k for 3* and 379k for 4* from scratch.

Champing 4* won't upset your MMR because MMR is based on your top 3 to 5 highest levelled characters.  Your lowest top 5 is level 300. A champed 4* is only 270. 
    Thank you for confirming.

I thought selling a maxed 1-star would net me extra 3,700 ISO compared to selling the individual covers for 100 ISO each.

819 covers to fully championed 2-star sounds even better.

I do have a ISO deficit doing PvP as it is, which is why I consider to farm 1-star as well.

I'm not going to be able to champ 4-star anytime soon, but it's good to know I can safely champ them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Farming 1* helps too. I didn't thought of that because I didn't do it. 

I remember reading a post about levelling 1*(?) up to a certain level before selling them, and your ISO-8 will be net positive. I'm not sure how true that is because I didn't test it.
  • hstpctech
    Options
    OJSP said:
    I remember reading a post about levelling 1*(?) up to a certain level before selling them, and your ISO-8 will be net positive. I'm not sure how true that is because I didn't test it.
    You’re thinking about having multiple 3* and 4* covers of the same colours. Although selling them give a small amount of iso (not more than what we get from playing a few PvP matches), we now have the saved covers function. So, it’s not necessary to do that anymore as the benefit is really small.
    So according to your opinion, farming 2* isn't profitable? We thought it's a good trade-off to level them up to get HP and 3* shards rewards. In my simple idea, farm 2* to get more 3* shards, farm 3* to get 4*, and so on.
  • hstpctech
    Options
    @HoundofShadow
    Looks like I belong in the SCL6 PvE right now. I can finish the previous sub-chapter(?) without taking too much damage, and completed 4 rounds on each node within 1.5 hour. Backup Plan is a bit tougher, I need to use several health packs even when I had use all top 3 characters and gem boosts. Completed 4 rounds on each node a little over 2 hours.

Right to Rule is quite interesting in regards to the MMR. A third of the time, I encountered sub lvl. 200 3-stars even when I had use my top 3. Killmonger loan is level 368, so perhaps this has tweaked my tier? With this kind of MMR, I've managed to get my 25 wins already, without having to spend any health packs.