Unstable ISO-8

Options

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No one is forcing you to play 12 times, what’s the problem? You don’t need it for points and progression. Probably a bug and if not so what. Is FOMO that bad?
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @LakeStone

Any word on this?
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Tony_Foot Actually I was trying to be funny. Of course I would not play all the nodes twelve times.  :D
  • carol63
    carol63 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was wondering if this is something they were trying for two-day sections and they'd mistakenly used it on all the sections instead....
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2020
    Options
    What we've been able to hash out on Discord is the reward list for every node has been doubled and rewards are being given out off the table in the format of 1/1/2/2/3/3/4/4/5/5/6/6.
    So, for example, the Trivial Nodes used to give out 100 iso, 200 iso, 140 iso, Standard token, 100 iso, 100 iso. This event they're giving out 100 iso, 100 iso, 200 iso, 200 iso, 140 iso, 140 iso, standard, standard, 100 iso, 100 iso, 100 iso, 100 iso.
    For SCL10 players, the sweet spot is to play an 8th clear on the Hard node (node 6), the E4, E5, and challenge node. Play the normal amount on the rest unless you really want a pittance of iso or a few miscellaneous tokens.
    The fact even the one-time nodes have doubled rewards despite only permitting one clear makes this look like a mistake, but I'd expect the mistake is someone made it live an event or two too soon.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It appears to me that they did not replace the node rewards from the last run of Uiso8, but added the new rewards to the same table.  Hence everything is doubled.  (2 rewards for the normal one-time nodes, 12 rewards for standard nodes where you get 6 normally).  Note that you can't clear the one-time rewards twice and both rewards are the same small amount of iso.

Normally you get a token from clearing the 5E for the current event store/vault.  This time you get both a token for an expired Unstable 8 store (which has the same essentials as the last run of Uiso8, which was a 3 day) and the new Onslaught store in the first 2 clears.  After that all the rest of the 10 rewards are double what you usually see.

Observed rewards are showing that they are coming in the same order as you would normally expect.  So my assumption is that the node rewards are assigned a priority (remember when they used to be random?) and the game gives you one of the first ones on clear one, the next one clear 2, a priority #2 on clear 3, a priority #2 on clear 4, etc.  This is what we are seeing so far.

This means that you can get up to 6 CP from the 5E in SCL 9 and 10 if you are willing/able to grind it out 8X.  Adjust for the other nodes and how much they normally give out.  (4E and H3 will give out 2 CP if you grind 8X.)

Playing the CN 12X would net you two sweet Elite tokens on the 11th and 12th grind.   :D

It is unclear if the developers will adjust this for subs 2 and 3 but I assume they will leave sub 1 the same for everyone.

All the scoring and enemy levels are as expected.  I think this is just a new way they found to make a mistake.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Always strive to fail differently!
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    New 5 release event + 5e is a team damager + release 12 nodes "accidentally" + FOMO people hitting them all 12 and using up tons of bandages. PROFIT!!
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll have to give them credit for thinking outside the box when it comes to new content ...
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    just glad I don't have to post a pic now.  I came to the forums to ask about this 12-clear thingy.  Now I can continue with my normal clear-4 of each playstyle.  (because the clear-node rewards don't gain my attention that highly)
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    Options
    JFisch said:
    The fact even the one-time nodes have doubled rewards despite only permitting one clear makes this look like a mistake, but I'd expect the mistake is someone made it live an event or two too soon.
    Why do you think this?
    Though if I need more clears to get progression...ugh. If you wanted players to quit that would be a good way to push them out.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    JFisch said:
    Why do you think this?
    Though if I need more clears to get progression...ugh. If you wanted players to quit that would be a good way to push them out.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what I'd do right then.  Quit?  Maybe.  Stop doing full PVE progression?  More than likely.

But that would reduce my income, which is the only thing keeping me interested, because that income allows me to get a few of each 5* before they become obscure and lost to time.

Sooner or later, it'll happen... but I think they're wise enough to not require such shenanigans.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Game just restarted and this has been fixed
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fixed, sure.  Now I did 4 clears and the game says I got 2/6 rewards on all the nodes......

Wonderful!  So fun!
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Fixed, sure.  Now I did 4 clears and the game says I got 2/6 rewards on all the nodes......

Wonderful!  So fun!
    You're not alone.  Same here.  I just posted my status of this on the "fix" link above.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They reverted the previous completions too......
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We should start calling the S1 folks the beta testers.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can smell some generous rewards for us beta testers...