Time to go: 3rd time’s a charm.

Options
2»

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I remember you as the iHulk/Vulture/?? player. Maybe you missed this reply in another thread, but it is being mentioned that the devs are working on a few features. That explains why blogs have gone missing. Anyway, I'm sure if you change your mind, you can alway email CS to restore your rosters. 
    Don't do it!  Some have reversed selling their rosters in the past. Don't be like them.  The game's not moving to a better place (increased pressure) IMO and if you've had enough, let it stick.
    This for sure. I’m piddling around here and there with the iHulk that was left over, but there are absolutely no plans to retrieve my roster.

iHulk is Definitely not sustainable, lol. Not unless I want to pay daily for the game in terms of hero packs. Regardless, it was nice to see my mmr go WAY down. Lmao. 

Getting roped back in is all too true. I will eventually have to leave the forums just to cut myself off. It sucks, but with my personality, it will be necessary and welcomed. Yesterday I played for 7 minutes. Today I opened to see it I could do the DDQ. Nope. 2 minute login. 

I’m trending in the right direction and getting rid of the characters was vital to make that step. Thanks all
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone wanting to go hardcore like this in the future may want to try and keep a 1* widow on hand. No temptation to play anything and if your alliance is pretty ok with not optimizing membership, you can throw out a good team up if you ever do load the game up just to see what’s new.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I didn't know CS backup players' different version of data for about 2 months.   :o

I wonder what revived your interest in MPQ again.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I didn't know CS backup players' different version of data for about 2 months.   :o

I wonder what revived your interest in MPQ again.
    If you spent money (OP says it was a significant amount), you can believe that CS will help you restore an account.

Whatever the ratio of whales to spenders is, the ratio of spenders to non-spenders has to be a very small fraction.

It appears that in July, approx 370,000 downloads happened when you combine Android and Apple.  That happens pretty much every month.  If you assume....I dunno....at least 300K are real first time downloads that's about 3.6 million people downloading it.

There are maybe 250K active players and the number of alliances have been shrinking fairly dramatically (down 10-15% from a year ago).  So most of those downloads are just people who either delete it quickly or just play it a little and never get invested.  Kind of like me and CoC, I downloaded it and played an hour or so and got bored with it.

Also what else is CS there for?  Exactly this kind of thing.  Working to keep existing customers and helping them come back when needed.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Return of the prodigal sun? 😂 welcome back! 
    (I learnt something new... that even roster deletion cannot stop MPQ!)
    did you have to give some story before they restore your account?
  • Glockoma
    edited August 2020
    Options
    atomzed said:
    Return of the prodigal sun? 😂 welcome back! 
    (I learnt something new... that even roster deletion cannot stop MPQ!)
    did you have to give some story before they restore your account?
    Lol nice! It’s always a pleasure to be in this community; great folks here. To be brief, we all divulge a bit of remorse when asking for something back that we gave up, but ultimately, they were extremely willing and helpful. *Note- I did and do monetarily support them often. 
    But sadly, yes, one cannot just simply delete your characters. (Insert *Edit: Boromir *here please)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    *Boromir.

but also welcome back lol
  • Glockoma
    Options
     :D ty that’s the dude
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So is this thread proof that MPQ is a literal Hotel California?
    "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave".
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Glockoma said:
    That’s the guy , that’s totally him . ( I just saved 40%)
  • Glockoma
    Options
    Glockoma said:
    That’s the guy , that’s totally him . ( I just saved 40%)
    Allstate or Bust!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    So is this thread proof that MPQ is a literal Hotel California?
    "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave".
    "We are all just prisoners here of our own device."
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I keep wondering, if the 3rd time wasn't the charm, will 4th be the Really Truly I Mean It This Time Goodbye?

Or has there now been a full commitment to ride this train to the end until the tracks finally stop being laid down?
  • Glockoma
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I keep wondering, if the 3rd time wasn't the charm, will 4th be the Really Truly I Mean It This Time Goodbye?

Or has there now been a full commitment to ride this train to the end until the tracks finally stop being laid down?
    God help me, and help us all... lol

I do like to see some changes coming in.