Balance is awful

Money
Money Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
edited May 2020 in GI Joe General Discussion
Went from practically beating up on everyone and thing to not being able to 3 star a level 16 pushover (I’m 20) I would’ve rolled a day ago, the balance is awful, bases are just bullet sponges now, I don’t mind the tiers or anything else but this is NOT fun or balanced, you guys go from easy mode to mega hard mode on steroids, makes no sense..also logged in in mid opening my “gift” platinum box I get errored and then it was gone, I don’t even know if I got it at all? Same a few minutes later mid Survival battle to log back in and I’m locked out for 12 hours, awful

Comments

• Uetur
    Uetur Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2020
    Yea I noticed the bases take some time to take down now.  The Joes have always had an issue attacking bases because of their core limitations and while I usually 3 start my fights once you get above lvl 16 base attacks post patch it is really close.

I can't tell but it seems like Cobra commander was nerfed as well on his damage buff.  
  • NegaQuark
    NegaQuark Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I did the math:  level 20 HQ 30000hp. My squad Dps 658 Time needed to take down HQ 46 seconds.  My squad 3705hp, HQ 150dps. My squad dead in 24 seconds. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to make slight changes to my core teams for both sides to 100% Lv 17-18 HQ. I have not tried Lv 19-20 yet.

The trophies won have increased. A Lv 17 will gain 75 trophies for winning against Lv 18 and 19, and 100 trophies against 20. 

They increased the number of cards gained in cargo by a significant amount.

I think those who maxed out early were an disadvantage instead.
  • Gravesong
    Gravesong Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Yeah the HQ's are complete bullsh!t now. 

Absolutely ridiculous to kill depending on their level (15-17 manageable, 18 and up absurd)

I guess they really want people to stop playing their game.
  • Money
    I don’t mind a meta change because I’m equipped with enough things to swap and I welcome change when something is OP but look at those base numbers? Should they be stronger than they were? Yes..should they be almost impossible to break now? No..it’s almost like they did that on purpose to make you choose wiping a whole base of materials or finish w 3 stars..1/3 of the time is spent on the base..so forget those intels and oil rigs..I like the fact it’s impossible to level characters up now, there was some good to this update..also whats the point of resetting people to 7k (from 10k) and I’m sure the rest of you lower levels felt that as well with different numbers, that makes no damn sense to me
  • HoundofShadow
    I suspect they might be adding something beyond 7000 in the near future, and they don't want players to unlock them "instantly".

Also, amount of minerals and oils gained have been capped at 250,000.
  • Raithnor
    Raithnor Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I've seen caps of 500,000 on bases, so it might be tied to HQ level, Radar Level, Battle tier ranking or something else.

Honestly, if you want the 3-star win I'd suggest punching down until you can beat the HQ.  Or just deciding to pile on the HQ when you hit 2-stars.
  • Money
    I know and I’ve been experimenting, it’s getting easier/better but those bases are still ridiculous even with 45 seconds-1:15 to break with a strong full squad 

Raithnor said:
    I've seen caps of 500,000 on bases, so it might be tied to HQ level, Radar Level, Battle tier ranking or something else.

Honestly, if you want the 3-star win I'd suggest punching down until you can beat the HQ.  Or just deciding to pile on the HQ when you hit 2-stars.

• Money
    First thing I thought of too, but don’t steal our hard earned wins that we’ve spent a lot of time/money on, just make the tiers higher/harder to get to, not knock us back and we do what took months smh 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I suspect they might be adding something beyond 7000 in the near future, and they don't want players to unlock them "instantly".

Also, amount of minerals and oils gained have been capped at 250,000.

• HoundofShadow
    My base is level 17 and all players whose level are 17-20 give me resources capped at 250,000.

That's just a theory. Whales and long time players have maxed out almost everything. Adding one more unit doesn't do much for them. I think they will come out with stronger units at higher rarity that will allow them to take down Lv 19-20 bases faster.

However, they just increased the tiers from 5 to 15. The above theory doesn't hold well, unless they have something else planned. If not, it does seem weird to reduce high-end players' trophies to 7000+. 
  • Money
    Besides cards/character levels I am basically maxed out level/upgrade on character wise..I agree with your theory but there’s 9 million joes/cobra they add to adjust/change the meta I think a bigger issue later will be the size of bases and defenses..while we’re complaining..network error’d out of Survival again today..that needs to be fixed, that’s minuscule though..

My base is level 17 and all players whose level are 17-20 give me resources capped at 250,000.

That's just a theory. Whales and long time players have maxed out almost everything. Adding one more unit doesn't do much for them. I think they will come out with stronger units at higher rarity that will allow them to take down Lv 19-20 bases faster.

However, they just increased the tiers from 5 to 15. The above theory doesn't hold well, unless they have something else planned. If not, it does seem weird to reduce high-end players' trophies to 7000+. 

• NegaQuark
    So as I stated before, my best team wipes 3 times before I can take down a 20 HQ.  I’m my radar only shows level 20 bases to attack. I can spend 2100 for a new opponent, which gives me a level 20. I’m now out of minerals, out of credits, out of battle cargo. I can’t attack anymore, so I can’t get cargo to upgrade my troops. The only thing I can do is sit and build my base. This is no longer worth playing. 
  • Raithnor
    NegaQuark said:
    So as I stated before, my best team wipes 3 times before I can take down a 20 HQ.  I’m my radar only shows level 20 bases to attack. I can spend 2100 for a new opponent, which gives me a level 20. I’m now out of minerals, out of credits, out of battle cargo. I can’t attack anymore, so I can’t get cargo to upgrade my troops. The only thing I can do is sit and build my base. This is no longer worth playing. 
    Play older campaign mission for minerals, intel, and trophies. I'd also play challenge missions if you can find them. The PVE bases are constructed in such a way that once you know what you need to take them out they're easier to deal with.

The only other thing that might help is upgrade your units.

There's got to be about six more tiers we're not seeing.Stopping the system at Lt. Colonel doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They might keep each tier at 1000 trophies, but I could see the case of change the amount of Trophies to level after hitting Colonel.

After hitting 5-star general the only way to keep a tiered system is some sort of "Veteran stripes" to distinguish all of the 5-star generals.
  • NegaQuark
    I’m sorry Raithnor, your advice doesn’t work. Campaign bases only give battle cargo once. I don’t need to attack for oil & Intel, I’m never at a loss for those. Challenge bases are a good option, except they rarely appear, plus if they do, it’s a sea battle (no minerals) and have overpowered HQ. I Spend credits to cycle through the same 3-4 level 20 bases. 
  • NegaQuark
    Raithnor I did also mention that I’m not getting cargo, because I only get overpowered level 20 bases. I can’t defeat the 20HQ because my troops aren’t strong enough. I can’t upgrade my troops because I can’t get cargo from level 20 bases. I can’t find lower bases because it keeps giving me the same 4 bases, and out of credits to keep trying.  Catch 22. 
  • Raithnor
    What levels are your units?
  • Money
    Replaying campaign missions when you have cargo avail does in fact repeat cargo drops for 3 stars, unless they nerfed that too

NegaQuark said:
    I’m sorry Raithnor, your advice doesn’t work. Campaign bases only give battle cargo once. I don’t need to attack for oil & Intel, I’m never at a loss for those. Challenge bases are a good option, except they rarely appear, plus if they do, it’s a sea battle (no minerals) and have overpowered HQ. I Spend credits to cycle through the same 3-4 level 20 bases. 

• Money
    Starting to think they got greedy and shifted from people spending money on diamonds to wanting us to pay for their overpriced out of their mind prices for packs and character boosters ( only 99$ for a few storm shadows lol) I never mind dumping 20$ or 40$ every couple of weeks to a. Feed my habit or b. Hook up the devs/company for a game I enjoy and want to progress but the amount the charge is outrageous on most things I’ve never bought anything other than a 20$ diamond pack, to play more..so moral of the story is more strong the base is now the strong your characters have to be, want to three star again? Level up, a lot because 45 seconds to 1:15 of attacking a base for a decently upgraded team that used to reek havoc is dumb..

NegaQuark said:
    Raithnor I did also mention that I’m not getting cargo, because I only get overpowered level 20 bases. I can’t defeat the 20HQ because my troops aren’t strong enough. I can’t upgrade my troops because I can’t get cargo from level 20 bases. I can’t find lower bases because it keeps giving me the same 4 bases, and out of credits to keep trying.  Catch 22. 

• Money
    Never mind just did a campaign and they don’t give loot boxes after 1st time thought they did 
  • Raithnor
    They don't. The issue is if you are tier 5, at level 20, have a level 20 HQ the game makes an assumption that you have units that can take those level 20 bases.

With all of the rebalancing it's no longer possible for units that are only 60% levelled to take on level 20 PVP bases.

Survival mode has become more important. They encourage to have specific units and when you do they give you a boosted version of that unit. You're also more likely to get Cargo crates from survival now.