Marvel Puzzle Quest R203 Release Notes (5/26/20)

Options

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Ignoring the mental part.. a fierce attack is also called an onslaught, isn't it?

no need to ignore the mental part... 
    "Onslaught was written as a sentient psionic entity created from the consciousness of two mutants: Professor Charles Xavier and Magneto. "

to me, that sounds like Onslaught...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    if it's Onslaught, I wonder if he's going to be the next Apocalypse or Bruce Banner. 

5* Magneto won't be too bad either.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd love for it to be Legion.  Though, this variant of Professor X has recently been added to a few other Marvel games.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alright. What do we have to do to get Black Widow's Batons added to the Support store? The list updated again today, and for like the 5th or 6th cycle in a row, neither the Batons nor the Kra-Van have appeared. Come on, man. Throw me a frickin' bone here.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Alright. What do we have to do to get Black Widow's Batons added to the Support store? The list updated again today, and for like the 5th or 6th cycle in a row, neither the Batons nor the Kra-Van have appeared. Come on, man. Throw me a frickin' bone here.
    Kickstarter?

Money truck?

The problem (I assume) is that they don't want to be bothered to maintain a list that isn't neatly divided into 3, or something.  They settled on 3 pools of 15 Supports and it just auto rotates.  The problem is there are 3 other non-Stone supports. 

Maybe Kra-Van was always intended as a Limited Support and so that left a weird (prime) number of Supports (47) to somehow divide up.

So they dropped two of them - arguably, Batons are one of the best with a freaking random 1 turn stun - and Pocket Radio, which is also extremely good with boosting match dmg in up to 3 colors.  Maybe they had a vision to somehow include these two Supports in some sort of special bundles or something.

Of course, we have been making jokes about how hard it is to get Supports for almost as long as Supports were actually in development, now.

I share your frustration as I do not have the Batons, nor Pocket Radio.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After playing both the Bishop and WorthCap nodes on the same day in Simulator, I’m really hoping this character has a psionic ability that can stop a character who is getting ready to jump in front. Like they can sense it as it’s getting ready to happen, and then psychically takes control of that character’s mind to stop them. I’m sure it would be super difficult to code that, but I can dream. 
  • bluewolf
    Options
    After playing both the Bishop and WorthCap nodes on the same day in Simulator, I’m really hoping this character has a psionic ability that can stop a character who is getting ready to jump in front. Like they can sense it as it’s getting ready to happen, and then psychically takes control of that character’s mind to stop them. I’m sure it would be super difficult to code that, but I can dream. 
    Narrator:  He won't.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options

Like a x turn insta-stun when Thing/Rogue/Worthy/Bishop/Deadpool3 jumps?  Awesome. Take my money.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mr_F said:

Like a x turn insta-stun when Thing/Rogue/Worthy/Bishop/Deadpool3 jumps?  Awesome. Take my money.
    Yes. But it doesn’t even have to stun. I just want him to freeze the jump in front movement. Kinda like ProfX does in the movies when he gets in someone’s head and makes them stop motor functions. Granted, a stun would be nice too (especially for Bishop), but I’m not greedy. 
  • StormDragonE55
    StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

Weird.  The Batons are in my support store and I have the Kra-Van.....
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, it could be set up as a countdown tile like 5* Thanos where when it's present on the board then no enemies can jump out in front. Or make it even more powerful and have it disable passive abilities for enemies.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

Weird.  The Batons are in my support store and I have the Kra-Van..... v
    I don’t see the Batons in my pool at all.  Do you have any hoarded tokens or something?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just want to chime in again and remind y'all that Dazzler will retalia-stun one of those jump-in-fronts if they do damage and she's tanking. So I guess grind her to max-champ so that she'll tank those popular colors she has.

• TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I have this idea for Deathlok where he could have the unique ability to change your initiative. Basically, it would allow you to force the computer to make the first move and allow your team to move second. This would be advantageous against Bishop and Hammercap teams for if you had them on your side, you would get the jump-in-front benefit first.

The meta idea I had for this is that, similar to how you can select Taskmaster's abilities before a match, you could set Deathlok's human host to play normally, moving first, or override the human host with the Deathlok A.I., moving second, which could be used for a tactical advantage against the jump-in-front characters like Bishop and Hammercap.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well that was a waste of time 

think next time this event is on I’ll  just not bother with the 5* node 

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    However that was a lot easier, finished in 40 minutes 
  • GENxSLADE
    GENxSLADE Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    After doing back to back 5*s and Hellcat, with Apoc still not in LL yet, I'm gonna assume it's another 4* as that would almost get them back on schedule.

If we continue with the Mutant trend that they seem to be paying attention to comic wise, I'd wager 4* Psylocke could be the next character.

A Psionic blade to the head is what I'd call a fierce mental attack lol.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When did they fix Carbage? I was expecting to gain free aps and damage to his team due to his passive at the start of the game. 
  • StormDragonE55
    StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I don’t see the Batons in my pool at all.  Do you have any hoarded tokens or something?

No, no hoarded tokens.  I have 42 of 54 supports with 12 grayed out since I don't have them, one of which is the widow's batons.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrBowers said:
    Going to be onslaught or legion imo