Marvel Puzzle Quest R203 Release Notes (5/26/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone - 

Here are the R203 Release Notes.

"Fierce mental attack"

MPQ wraps up the month with exciting bundles and content! And look out for an all-new Introduction Event with the release of this next character!

• Reduced the rate of a rare crash that some players were encountering.
  • Taskmaster's power names will now correctly display the most recently selected version outside of battle.
  • Offers will no longer flash rapidly if viewed as they expire
  • Storm (Mohawk)'s comic cover info now correctly lists cover variant
  • On the Steam version of the game, while typing a message in Alliance chat, the text now scrolls after reaching the right side of the box (to match behavior on other platforms)

Thank you for playing!

Comments

• Mitchslap
    Mitchslap Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Fierce is drag queen lingo: 5* Shade (the drag queen mutant) confirmed.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to make a wild guess and say the clue refers to Moondragon.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @LakeStone

Is it safe to assume the next character is a 4* and the intro event is another welcome to shield?

If so, big thanks to you all for allowing us time to “catch our breath” after the back to back 5* release!

@IceIX,

Any plans at all to update the sneak peak thread??

• Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think Ice is a little frozen at the moment, he may thaw for June sneak peak ;)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MPQ wraps up the month with exciting bundles and content! And look out for an all-new Introduction Event with the release of this next character!

When does this patch go live? That line sounds suspiciously like it belongs to Hellcat and Welcome to SHIELD, even though those things will have passed before the patch goes live. 

Beyond that, the release pattern for the year has been alternating 5's and 4's (skipping a 4 that they intend to save for the Black Widow MCU release since the movie got moved is how we got two 5's back to back). I would personally be very hesitant to guess that the next character would be a 4.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's already live in Google Playstore. It does sound like it's for Hellcat, but R202 also mentioned the new training mode.  :o
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's already live in Google Playstore. It does sound like it's for Hellcat, but R202 also mentioned the new training mode.  :o
    Steam has it as well.  iOS still missing at the moment.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree, I wouldn't put money on this being another 4*
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    It's iOS's turn now. 

I thought the hint for each release note is related to the next new character, rather than previous released character.

But, information lately seems to be pretty inaccurate, so, it's probably referring to Hellcat. Legion is probably the next new character.

• bluewolf
    Options
    Geez. It is possible that they did both an updated ST for a 4 and are making some introductory event for a new 5. Have a little optimism. (I know!  It’s hard with the way they are doing things lately!  But try!)

Also, there are a dozen or so high powered psychics besides Legion.  How about Mentallo?  Quentin Quire? Hope Summers?  Rachel Grey?  Nate Grey (X-Man)? I could go on......
  • bluewolf
    edited May 2020
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Ignoring the mental part.. a fierce attack is also called an onslaught, isn't it?
    on·slaught
    /ˈänˌslôt,ˈônˌslôt/

noun

1.  a fierce or destructive attack.

From the Oxford dictionary. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Nice one. Onslaught. Apocalypse. Thanos.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If Onslaught is a 4....

• LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Hi Everyone - Just wanted to give a heads up that Google went live quite late last night and iOS is in the process of going live now.  Should be fairly soon.  Thanks!
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Going to be onslaught or legion imo
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Nice to see that Google Play is actually coming came out early this round rather than getting stuck for a day or so like the last couple of updates. :D
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Shadow King!!!  B)
  • StormDragonE55
    StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was thinking Exodus or Legion.
  • Natural_0x14
    Natural_0x14 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Onslaught
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    edited May 2020
    Options
    We skipped a 4*... shouldn't we skip a 5*? : / Should I wait yet again for LL to be Apoc, Yelena, and [NEW]?