LT pool discussion - how good is IH/Yelena/apoc?

2»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the “set in their ways/follow their patterns” theory holds true, why is Havok essential again instead of IHulk like he should be?
    I should have said the essential order when it comes to Latests is determined randomly, it seems.

Or they are being nice and making sure we get one more shot at Havok before he's pushed out by Apocalypse?

There is no predicting, when a 4 or 5 moves into tokens, where they will fall in the Latests order for PVE.  It's pretty much always been this way.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    If the “set in their ways/follow their patterns” theory holds true, why is Havok essential again instead of IHulk like he should be?
    I should have said the essential order when it comes to Latests is determined randomly, it seems.

Or they are being nice and making sure we get one more shot at Havok before he's pushed out by Apocalypse?

There is no predicting, when a 4 or 5 moves into tokens, where they will fall in the Latests order for PVE.  It's pretty much always been this way.
    It certainly seemed like my last chance to get Havok finished. Then, of course, I pulled him organically. Not mad at that though...the champ level gave me a Yelena cover.

I prefer they run whoever is on the way out next like this. Even though it would have similarly finished up my IHulk. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I still think Yelena Hulkoye will be my alpha team eventually, but Yelena, Okoye and Peggy will deny all active powers from being fired barring a massive opponent cascade 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Assuming I champ her, in X-Men PVPs, I’ll play Yelena a lot with Xavier against Thorkoye teams. With another X-Man, R/Y/G powers cost +2 to fire. Yelena will have fun with that. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Yelena is fine as third wheel to make life unpleasant for the enemy, but I don't see her on any pve or PVP meta teams.

In pve, her passive will be nice to slow down ai abilities.  But with 3x 200k health (or more!) and massive match damage, the most dangerous nodes will still be a problem for her (carnage, gritty, prof x, JJ, etc at 600+ will devour her).

In PVP, she might be ok in pick3, but will she really add more than bishop's insta-stun, or karnak's critical, or prof X's versatility. And I can't see her one very good ability (red) being good enough to merit use in pick 2, not when the alternative options are hulkoye or BRB/apoc, or even old classics like brbitty.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yelena feels somewhat niche to me, but I really like her kit. Plenty of potential there... don’t think she will make Meta now, but with a future partner, who knows? I like that her red is passive, her green is a really nice power as well IMO. If purple would just proc on friendly matches she would be near top tier I think.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    For those waiting now you can blow your hoard.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    MrPlow said:
    For those waiting now you can blow your hoard.
    Unless you want to play in the most obsessively optimized fashion. In that case you should wait for the next 5* announcement later this week before deciding.