LT pool discussion - how good is IH/Yelena/apoc?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
Best since Prof/Carnage/BRB?

I don't think it is quite as strong as that group (BRB clearly meta with Prof and Carnage both having strong synergies on offense and defense.)

IH seems the most likely to me to be meta, with his strong and unique passives, but I don't know that he has a perfect partner yet.  And apoc has good offensive value, even if the ai can't leverage him on d.  Yelena seems far more niche, though her red is good.

Will a lot of hoards be broken in a few weeks?

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    Correct
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Between CP and LL tokens I have 384 pulls right now.  I'll be breaking my hoard open once apocalypse enters latest. 
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    Plan on spending all my tokens.

iHulk - challenges meta

Yelena - Punishes high AP & non-rainbow ability teams. Possible trap meta component

Apoc - Second (although with a caveat) character in the game with stun immunity and arguably a better kit.

After this, I’ll probably switch to classics.

Edit: Vulture is Hulk’s perfect partner
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    I'm dropping my hoard on these three.  I'm really hoping we get a bit of an extended period before the next 5 is released so I can keep building my hoard.  I burned through most of it chasing BRB.   I'm likely to exit my hoard drop with less than 13 covers for each but I'll drop it anyhow because I think they are good.  Probably have to sharget iHulk and could hopefully finish the other two before they exit latests.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    With IHulk and Apocalypse it will mean this is one of the strongest vaults since BRB Professor X.  I think Carnage was a bit of an afterthought even though he is good.

IHulk and Apocalypse are both really strong where Yelena is more like a 3rd.  I will end up to pull my hoard for them and might need to skip Finishing a Yelena to get enough pulls to champ the next 2 5*
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you already have a hoard it costs nothing to wait to see who follows Apoc.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    If you already have a hoard it costs nothing to wait to see who follows Apoc.
    Got 20k command points saved up and already championed ihulk (only 5 latest tokens, newly earned since). Both yelena and apocalypse are single covers so I don’t need to pull when apocalypse enters. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Yeah I think they are, and if whoever comes after Apoc is not evidently super duper meta, I will open my hoard for them (as I did for Prox - BRB, even though this time around I dont expect to be as lucky as I was with these two).

Apoc might not be as meta as BRB but pair great with him and deals fantastically well with Bishop and worthy, so in that sense I would consider him meta. It is also kinda fun having a char that you actually want to fire powers (in that sense I consider him fun like ProfX). His kit also synergises well. I am obviously not sure until I get him, but in PvP Apoc-Thor looks even faster than Okoye-Thor.

iH looks very powerful, very close to being indispensable with the right partner (he is great already with Okoye and Apoc).

Yelena is for now the char I am not very interested about, a pity she doesn't work well with the other two. Maybe if they rework BW ?

PS: Also, I love Apoc as char, and this is the best Hulk in the game (even though that is not a great accomplishment, let's say he is the good Hulk in the game - RH is a completely different kinda of Hulk), they are worth getting just for those two reasons!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm doing it....

oh wait, I do this for nearly every character that enters LTs.  My bad.  Carry on!
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    This trio would be tempting to open my stash. I'm a Hulk fan but have been waiting to open my stash for Sinister and now Havoc to leave. Not crazy about Yelena, but she's not terrible and at least has some uniqueness,  Apoc seems pretty nice. 

I mainly PVE, haven't been into PVP much as I don't have a leveled Thor, Kity, Okoyoe. Just sick of playing those teams. Curious if having Hulk and Apoc, will perk my interest in PVP. I also have chamed Beta Ray, ProfX, Captain Marvel, Doom, Thanos, Hela. Then OML, Carnage, Ironman, Panther, within a couple covers of camping. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I've started hoarding tokens/CP for the first time, since I have Havok at 13 covers, and will be waiting for Apocalypse to arrive to start drawing again. Yelena's the meh of the trio, but it's worth it to pull for all three of them to get better cover distribution. 
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    If you have a big enough hoard to likely cover IHulk and Apoc, then do it.  If not, wait long enough to see who follows Apoc just in case. And then likely crack anyway. 

I think IHulk is going to be part of the PVE meta for quite a while. 
  • Vhailorx
    Rosraf said:
    If you have a big enough hoard to likely cover IHulk and Apoc, then do it.  If not, wait long enough to see who follows Apoc just in case. And then likely crack anyway. 

I think IHulk is going to be part of the PVE meta for quite a while. 

Yeah, I have already discussed in other threads that there is basically never any reason to open LTs except during the window between the announcement of a new 5* and their entry into the LT pool.  Doing so at any other time is basically just choosing to make a less informed decision for little (if any) benefit.  Maybe justifiable in the old days if you needed a 5* for an essential node, but with shards even that is basically unnecessary.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    I know this come sup all the time, but when do we think Apocalypse enters Latests? Next week or the week after?
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I know this come sup all the time, but when do we think Apocalypse enters Latests? Next week or the week after?
     It’s a little unprecedented. They altered the release schedule (for good reasons that were well explained), so we got 2 5-stars in quick succession.  Usually, I would expect Apoc to hit LLs on Monday, but they may wait a bit under the unusual circumstances. Will see. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rosraf said:
     It’s a little unprecedented. They altered the release schedule (for good reasons that were well explained), so we got 2 5-stars in quick succession.  Usually, I would expect Apoc to hit LLs on Monday, but they may wait a bit under the unusual circumstances. Will see. 
    If people was not crazy to get him I would agree with you, but I think with the hype, they will do it this Monday...
  • Vhailorx
    edited May 2020
    Polares said:
    Rosraf said:
    If people was not crazy to get him I would agree with you, but I think with the hype, they will do it this Monday...

I think it is a mistake to assume there is that much hand-crafting going into the game (much like when people got shocked and angry over new 4*s showing up in shield training).  The game is on autopilot as much as possible; there are spreadsheets categorizing things like newest/vintage 4*s or latest/classic 5*s, and the game just does whatever the spreadsheets say (whether or not that responds to player hype, or screws the players over with essential characters who are only just in the LT pool). 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    Rosraf said:
    They have their set ways (easier to manage their work schedule) so Apocalypse will enter Monday.  No reason to expect anything different.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the “set in their ways/follow their patterns” theory holds true, why is Havok essential again instead of IHulk like he should be?