No more riso in progress rewards

Mayo
Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
As the number of supports is low and extremely difficult to upgrade it would be a good move to replace it for normal iso at least until supports of all levels can be included in vault and other partes of the game. Red iso awarded at the end of each event would suffice in the presenta context however it is probable almost all players have their supports upgraded or do not care enough to upgrade others than those that really help. 

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i have all my supports upgraded as much as possible. it's increasing the levels or getting the ones i don't have that doesn't happen. supports are good and useful. if they'd put more effort into making more of them, making them easier to get and upgrade they wouldn't be seen as the colossal failure they've been to this point.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I don't know that you can assume the majority of folks have all of their supports fully leveled. I certainly don't. I have about 1.8 mil RISO and a quick estimate says I'd need to double that to level all of my remaining supports to the max I have in hand, so I'd not be on board for removing RISO - unless Supports were going away or something of course.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I still have many supports I need to level, and not nearly enough riso.  I also need purple iso, of course, but that is the way of the game.  A bit more of both would be great :smile:
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most of mine are done.... but I only have 4 4*s, and maybe 12 3*s.  A buncha 2s and 1s of course.

All of my 4s and 3s are maxed out, and most of the 2s.  I don't have the rISO to level them all, but I don't really care to either.... its not like those 2s or 1s are gonna really matter much (and the ones that do?  yeah, already leveled them)

Still, I like supports.  I'd love a way to grab them again (support circuit was a bit too much, IMO, for what it gave you, when it comes to time spent vs results), and I'd welcome new options.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still need millions Risos to upgrade my supports. A R3 Support requires 211,442 Risos.

I would love to see Shards being implemented for Supports. However, Supports are totally broken if you get the right one at R4/R5. Even a right R3 Support could be slightly broken. I remembered one of the supports got nerfed. Can you imagine getting 12 ap of a single colour at the start of the game without making a match?

I would like them to bring back CP/HP Bundles for Supports that guaranteed R4 supports. Or bring back Support HP stores for a few days per year. I missed the boat last year or in 2018 when Support HP store came out with Kraven support. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd rather a meaningful path to supports than getting rid of it myself.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

Unless you own rank 5 versions of every support at level 250 and still have excess red iso, perhaps it isn't the iso that's the problem.

I know I'm personally sitting on a little over a million red iso with all my supports levelled as far as they will go (42 in total, with two rank 4s and ten rank 3s).  While I have a few support tokens, the current store is only offering supports I already have, so is almost guaranteed to just give me more red iso.

I'd much prefer they injected more support tokens into the game so I wouldn't be "post red iso" anymore.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

Can you imagine getting 12 ap of a single colour at the start of the game without making a match?
    Unfortunately yes. I regularly see the opponent Bishop get even more than that without them making a match! I agree it’s broken, annoying and should be nerfed. At least supports are PVE-only and offense-only. For that I’m less worried about support brokenness and in fact welcome it, as they are so helpful for some of these ridiculous challenge nodes in CL10. 
  • Mayo
    edited May 2020
    Reecoh said:
    I don't know that you can assume the majority of folks have all of their supports fully leveled. I certainly don't. I have about 1.8 mil RISO and a quick estimate says I'd need to double that to level all of my remaining supports to the max I have in hand, so I'd not be on board for removing RISO - unless Supports were going away or something of course.
    You have 1.8 MM riso which is worth less sitting there for months. how many advance or master high levelled support tokens have you got in the last 6 months? In that same period how many beginner tokens have you got and have yielded something useful to level up to level 3 (never have gotten something better from those tokens) instead of being converted to riso?. Getting a couple thousands riso each event would allow you to level up those fews that are useful.

Why repeated supports do not add to a new level like shards do? 

I play similar games to this one (one has more than 12 currencies and all add to game progression) and the only one that gives currencies I can't use to progress in game is mpq. 

You need iso to level up and continue playing while riso is only a game accesory and therefore not mandatory.

I would trade those 1.8MM riso for normal iso, covers or shards any time and hope something can be done about it because it seems some game mechanics are left incomplete on purpose. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should just let use convert red iso to purple iso and vice versa. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    It honestly blows my mind that they didn't put support tokens into progression rewards when they revamped rewards and for season pvp rewards they could have put a specific support into progression each season. As for red iso I am at 1.6 million as all of my supports have been leveled up. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are people who start this game new, even now.  They will get some group of 4 free supports (can't remember which ones) and at least they'd want some riso to level those up.

Unfortunately, the devs are trying to balance rewards across a lot of different players.  I suppose the upside for riso is that when riso was added to rewards, they never took anything away from players.  So even if it's useless for you now, it's not taking the place of something else.  Odds are if they removed it nothing else would be increased.  (I don' think it should be removed.)
  • Mayo
    My suggestions is to remove read iso from progression, not from rewards. Even starting players will not get more than level 3 supports to start and each final rewards in pve and pvp give enough riso to level them easily.

Apart from common sense and what can be read in the forums, a poll could easily confirm that the amount of riso given is way too much for the quantity and availability of supports. 
  • bluewolf
    It's a fair point but again, you would gain nothing except that you wouldn't be accumulating riso.  I am 100% convinced you wouldn't get any more iso, CP, HP, or tokens in exchange for them taking out the riso.

Maybe someday they'll do something with supports in terms of availability and that huge riso pool will be useful.

If you ever got a Rank 5, you'd want whatever riso you have, I think.
  • Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    The developer who worked on supports quit/was fired and nothing’s been done with supports since then. The community manager quit/was fired and nothing’s been done with communication since then. Notice a trend? Would you like to buy a $80 IAP?
  • bluewolf
    Jexy said:
    The developer who worked on supports quit/was fired and nothing’s been done with supports since then. The community manager quit/was fired and nothing’s been done with communication since then. Notice a trend? Would you like to buy a $80 IAP?
    I’m not sure why you think the one developer that worked in supports left. While there have been some members who moved on to other projects or companies, I’m not aware that any did so since the last batch of Supports in April 2019. 

Supports are semi-dead because they are:

1.  Frustrating to try to collect and level
    2. Confusing as to which ones are going to improve your character/team most effectively, due to the wide variety of specific effects
    3. Annoying to experiment with due to the lockout mechanic, which would be less annoying if there were more supports, but better if it didn’t exist. 

These factors combined to make them a system that is designed to fail, in my opinion. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they are in cold storage because they are broken. 

A R3 Chewie and Taskmaster Sword make almost all crash a walk in the park.
    If R4 and R5 supports are gotten easily, PvEs will be even easier. 

I rather they lock R4/R5 supports behind cash bundles or CP bundles.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards

Don't give them any ideas!
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    I think they are in cold storage because they are broken. 

A R3 Chewie and Taskmaster Sword make almost all crash a walk in the park.
    If R4 and R5 supports are gotten easily, PvEs will be even easier. 

Agreed. Imo, not gating them with scl was a fatal flaw, right from go. The inherent lack of balance has totally hamstrung the devs ability to manage supply and demand and effectively market supports players would want to chase.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I've got two 4-star supports that don't help much: Shuri's lab and Stormbreaker. I have all my supports max-leveled and more than 1 million riso in the bank. But if I ever get lucky and draw a 5-star support I guess it's gone. So leave the riso awards as they are. A store where you could trade any currency of this game into another would be great - even if the change rates would not be in your favour.