Will you stop playing if they don't release a new character every 2 weeks?

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
well, would you?

Will you stop playing if they don't release a new character every 2 weeks? 116 votes

yes
2%
thedarkphoenixspidyjedi84Xair 3 votes
no
97%
ThanosPolaresKolenceWil88xKOBALTxBryan LambertstevenbruleTaganovwymtimeDeNappaStranger DanAXP_ismeMarkotMrBowersTiggidadivouneBigRussianleeleeshineJangoLoreStevO-J 113 votes

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    no
    I’ll find time to play more. Promise. 

Now how about that break??
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    no
    I voted but I think the poll may get taken down due to "no neutral option".

Also is your alternative a 3-week release schedule?  Or skipping a release after 2 releases?  Freezing one of the tiers?

Some alternatives to releasing characters while trying to keep revenue flowing:

1.  Do a "costume week" with vaults/stores for the featured character(s) (run them in PVE and run their PVP)
    2.  Revamp a Classic 5 and offer a bundle with a cover, maybe a special CP store maybe even one of those special stores like with new releases where you can turn HP to chase a token for the store.  Make a new costume alongside the revamp.
    3.  Hold a Support week, people want supports but there is practically no way to get them.  Newer players especially are stuck in a permanent disadvantage status.  Do SOMETHING with them, even a small thing.
    4.  Make a meta-4 store with HP cost and 50% weighting on 12 of them.  I know they did this once before and it seemed not-great at that time, but full dilution now would change that calculation a bit.  Maybe even make a different structure where you have 1/4 of the 4s (most used characters) or something, or 25 of them, or something.

I'm sure there are other ideas people have.....  I do appreciate recent attempts to create some themes or synergy in the game but I think tying offers more directly to who you are using makes a lot of sense.  A one-time bundle would surely get some more takers over these vaults and stores which appeal to some but are mostly ignored as far as spending cash.

I am not sure how much they care to shake things up but it's always, always the same thing.  Being a little creative could pay big dividends for them.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 2-week release schedule isn't about how much people play, it's about how much people spend.

Which is to say that the poll and its results are going to be largely irrelevant to the game itself.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    no
    Yes to the support week.  Let us earn/buy some master tokens.  
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    no
    I would still play as much as I do.  I would appreciate it even more as well.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Can I ask why the OP asked this question in the first place. I feel there is an underlying reason not mentioned in the poll question.
  • jredd
    no
    Dogface said:
    Can I ask why the OP asked this question in the first place. I feel there is an underlying reason not mentioned in the poll question.
    because it would be nice if they focused more attention on fixing aspects of the game that need work, and reworking/buffing older characters that are irrelevant. things they seem either to not care/want or realize they can do without derailing the game. instead of just putting out the shiny new toy every 2 weeks and calling it good. hopefully they actually look at this and realize that we won't go anywhere if they take the time to do some much needed housecleaning. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    jredd said:
    Dogface said:
    because it would be nice if they focused more attention on fixing aspects of the game that need work, and reworking/buffing older characters that are irrelevant. things they seem either to not care/want or realize they can do without derailing the game. instead of just putting out the shiny new toy every 2 weeks and calling it good. hopefully they actually look at this and realize that we won't go anywhere if they take the time to do some much needed housecleaning. 
    I figured that much :smile:
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    no
    No. And this is the perfect opportunity to do reworks between releases, as they would have more time for them. 
    There should be no trash chars....
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly I'd just be fine with them taking a break after every 5* release (4/4/5) and on those breaks they could run Places of Power and a pvp tournament in the vein of Sakaar Arena or treat a limited 4* or an older meta 4*  like a new release event. I wouldn't even care if they ramped up bundles during those weeks. Imagine like a 4* Rocket and Groot bundle with a level 3 support of The Milano included.
  • jredd
    no
    shardwick said:
    Honestly I'd just be fine with them taking a break after every 5* release (4/4/5) and on those breaks they could run Places of Power and a pvp tournament in the vein of Sakaar Arena or treat a limited 4* or an older meta 4*  like a new release event. I wouldn't even care if they ramped up bundles during those weeks. Imagine like a 4* Rocket and Groot bundle with a level 3 support of The Milano included.
    or revamp older 5* and run special legendary stores with them featured. it's not rocket science.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    no
    jredd said:
    well, would you?
    It would be nice for a change. Guess expenditure will not only be the same because of the number of good characters released so close that need to be levelled to be useful but throwing a support event + a support only vault (to help newer players) + some good bundles could increase expenditure and give the players some breathing time.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    shardwick said:
    or revamp older 5* and run special legendary stores with them featured. it's not rocket science.

Yeah but people couldn't live with the pressure of both. Lets say for instance they buff Civil War Cap to be almost top tier or even top tier and lob him in a store with Kitty and Okoye. Then in latest you have Apoc, Yelena and ihulk.

Who would not have Civil War cap champed already, newer players and those later on the 5* train like myself who started with Gambit. Entering the tier with 3 solid 5* is why I'm still here. If I had to do that while chasing reworked characters it would not have been possible. Health and match damage buff, i'm fine with that but otherwise the best place for trash is left in the trash.

If they reworked Cap for instance and skipped a release and put them back in latest, well then ok I could deal with that but extra vaults wouldn't be possible.

As for the original question would I play if they didn't release, well yes I'd still be playing if Apoc was the last one they released ever and found other ways to change the game, like supports, costumes and similar.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    no
    If there was an Option „no, I‘d probably even play more because now I can keep up“ I‘d taken that.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    no
    Tony_Foot said:
    jredd said:
    shardwick said:

Yeah but people couldn't live with the pressure of both. Lets say for instance they buff Civil War Cap to be almost top tier or even top tier and lob him in a store with Kitty and Okoye. Then in latest you have Apoc, Yelena and ihulk.

Who would not have Civil War cap champed already, newer players and those later on the 5* train like myself who started with Gambit. Entering the tier with 3 solid 5* is why I'm still here. If I had to do that while chasing reworked characters it would not have been possible. Health and match damage buff, i'm fine with that but otherwise the best place for trash is left in the trash.

If they reworked Cap for instance and skipped a release and put them back in latest, well then ok I could deal with that but extra vaults wouldn't be possible.

As for the original question would I play if they didn't release, well yes I'd still be playing if Apoc was the last one they released ever and found other ways to change the game, like supports, costumes and similar.
    I have 6 classics unchamped, most not close to finished, and all of them are bottom tier and primed for a rework. Widow, Banner, Wasp, Rescue, Star-Lord (he’s the only one close to done), and the aforementioned FA Cap. 

If they boost any of these (and really they should) and they become meta... well... that’s great for the vets who put time, energy, and money, into the game, supporting it all these years. Yes it sucks for me, but it’s not like I don’t have other tools at my disposal. And I doubt any rework would touch Apocalypse/Hulk, so sticking with Latests while maybe BHing Peggy would be a no-brainer for me. 

I definitely don’t agree that trash should stay trash. There should be no garbage 5s. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    jredd said:
    shardwick said:

I have 6 classics unchamped, most not close to finished, and all of them are bottom tier and primed for a rework. Widow, Banner, Wasp, Rescue, Star-Lord (he’s the only one close to done), and the aforementioned FA Cap. 

If they boost any of these (and really they should) and they become meta... well... that’s great for the vets who put time, energy, and money, into the game, supporting it all these years. Yes it sucks for me, but it’s not like I don’t have other tools at my disposal. And I doubt any rework would touch Apocalypse/Hulk, so sticking with Latests while maybe BHing Peggy would be a no-brainer for me. 

I definitely don’t agree that trash should stay trash. There should be no garbage 5s. 
    Yeah, imagine the guys that only have a champed Wasp or Banner. They deserve to have a solid champed 5* too even if that 5* isn't top tier. 
  • Xair
    Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
    edited May 2020
    yes
    the framing of the question is leading. and there is a heard mentality to the forum.
    if they give out more command points (and more iso-8), they wouldn't have to slow the rate of 5* release,
    that would be a better solution in my opinion to slowing down the releases.
    i personally find the release schedule slow enough to champ every 5*, and also slow enough to get bored from the latest legends, so much so that i eagerly wait then next 5*.
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    no
    Xair said:
    the framing of the question is leading. and there is a heard mentality to the forum.
    if they give out more command points (and more iso-8), they wouldn't have to slow the rate of 5* release,
    that would be a better solution in my opinion to slowing down the releases.
    i personally find the release schedule slow enough to champ every 5*, and also slow enough to get bored from the latest legends, so much so that i eagerly wait then next 5*.

Really?  How much do you regularly spend on this game?  I'm not trying to be a probing jerk here, just wanting to compare our strategies.  I spend $0.  Once, in 2016 I bought a Stark Salary as a thanks to the devs for creating a great game that I had played for 3 years (I still have roughly 14,000 hp).  My strategy since Latests were separated from classics has been to hoard, hoard, hoard and then dump into Latest. I've managed to champ most of the 5 stars released over the past couple years but did miss Doom, Cpt Marvel b/c I didn't have the resources.  I fear the same is going to happen to me with iHulk, possibly Yelena as well.  The increased speed of releases is hurting me.  Again, I'm not spending any money so I don't have any room to gripe, other than this:  my responses to in-game surveys have been consistent since they first started years ago.  Slow down releases, rework old characters.  I'm a firm believer this game only needs 50-100 great, balanced characters.  It does not need 300+ mediocre to bad ones.  I don't see why people spend money chasing new characters.  In the end, most only use the meta characters so why not hoard until you know someone is meta and then go after them.  I've managed to champ 17 5-stars this way including the meta characters (at least at one point) -- OML, Gambit, Thanos, Thor, Okoye, Kitty, Prof X, Iceman, BRB
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    yes
    The vast majority thinks they wouldn't stop playing, but would slowly.

If you got a 4 one month and a 5 the next, eventually the carrot in front of the stick starts to seem a little less enticing.

Especially when it's a 2-3 character run of "sucky" 4's and 5's. 6 months of meh releases and then another 6 months or so of them hanging around, while you are hoping on your favorite character to still be released for the "1st" time.

• Xair
    Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
    yes
    these days i only buy the vip pack. at the start i spent some more on really good bundles, like anniversary and x8 value. i play between 1 to 4 hours everyday (depending on the available content). i alway complete the story on scl 9 or 10. and i collect all rewards from pvp scl10.
    i am able to level every new 5* to champion.