May's Login Gifts for "Playing at Home"

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
5/5 – 5/18: 10x Health Pack Giveaway & FREE Rank 2 Lucky Support with everyone’s favorite pet, Lucky the Pizza Dog! Use his healing ability to carve a path to victory!

That's it for MPQ this month, I guess.  Other Marvel games seem more generous, maybe?  But I don't play them.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/marvel-games-new-updates-play-at-home

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looks like Red Guardian was supposed to be the next in line. See you in November. 

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to take this opportunity to request to the devs that shards be implemented for supports. This 2* support won't do anything for me since I have a 2* Lucky already and I have nearly 1.5 million in red iso that I can't do anything with since all of my supports have been leveled up. Also, please add shards for supports to pve progression.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buahaha.  D3 has really slid the "Trolling Lever" to 11 during this crisis, haven't they?

No Gauntlet.  No boss battle.  No extra play stuff at all during a month of slowly going insane.  Unless, of course, you count the 30 extra seconds Movie Marathon takes.

So I guess I'll just take that 840 Riso and stick it on the pile of unusable resources.
  • shardwick
    pheregas said:
    Buahaha.  D3 has really slid the "Trolling Lever" to 11 during this crisis, haven't they?

No Gauntlet.  No boss battle.  No extra play stuff at all during a month of slowly going insane.  Unless, of course, you count the 30 extra seconds Movie Marathon takes.

So I guess I'll just take that 840 Riso and stick it on the pile of unusable resources.
    There's a boss event on Thursday. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    pheregas said:

Yup.  Didn't help at all over the last 5 weeks.
  • shardwick
    pheregas said:
    shardwick said:
    pheregas said:

Agreed, but it's better late than never. So maybe we will see alliance events a little more often instead of one every few months.

Also, people need to chill with the flagging.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    This feels an awful lot like Marvel's Games division wanted to do something nice for people at home, and pressured every game to make it happen, so they could announce something positive in the Marvel.com/Games article.

And then the Devs didn't live up to Marvel.com/Games' promises, and people are mad at the devs, and not Marvel.com.

(nevermind the unrealistic expectations like dropping in The Gauntlet like it's as easy as flipping a switch)
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    pheregas said:

No there isn't. A week from Thursday. Awful. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why get so mad over a free Lucky?  I mean sure, it was just 4200 riso for me too.

But if you're a newer player in 3 land, odds are you don't have this support yet (given the extremely poor current distribution of supports, but that's another topic) and the perks - reducing dmg for enemy powers and healing when friendly specials are matched - are pretty good for players at that level.

It is interesting that we have seen a gradual lessening of rewards under this initiative though.  Went from a 4 to a 3 to a Support.  Is this the end?  

Eh, it was free.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Lucky was one of the supports I didn't have yet so yay!. Of course I was able to level him up right away ;)
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    The health packs I thank but giving useless red iso to almost everyone? Why not an inmediate upper level to the support to make it at least more useful for the mayorityvof of players?

A triple iso week starting the release of apo would be very welcomed.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Oh noes the last time they did something this nice, they announced back to back 5 star releases.
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Until today, I thought that getting a duplicate from a token was the single most annoying thing about supports.  Well played D3.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else received 200 5* Archangel and 300 Psylocke shards?
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Yes.  I'm going to assume everyone else did.  And it was a very nice touch!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup just arrived, thanks Devs!
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    The note with the shards was related to [playable] Apocalypse's arrival in the game.  They were another nice surprise.  Thanks!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 5* Arch shards were an especially nice surprise for me, as he's the only 5* I don't have rostered at all (except Yelena, but I don't think she's even in tokens yet.)

Thanks!
  • A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    pheregas said:
    shardwick said:
    pheregas said:

Agreed, but it's better late than never. So maybe we will see alliance events a little more often instead of one every few months.

Also, people need to chill with the flagging.
    Is it bad that I really want to flag this post?