Marvel Puzzle Quest R200 Release Notes (4/15/20)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards

Apocalypse is a big deal in the X-Men comics right now I hear, I guess it could be him. I'd also be down for Deathlok though

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Apocalypse is a big deal in the X-Men comics right now I hear, I guess it could be him. I'd also be down for Deathlok though

Maybe that's why there was a note in one of the last few release notes that they did something to the X-men vs Apocalypse event...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards

Deathlok would be very cool. As long as he has a sound effect!

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2020

I could totally see Deathlok being created as a "two mode" character like Cloak & Dagger -- a slightly more empathetic/protective /team-player mode where his human persona is in control, and another more ruthless/precise/assault mode where his A.I. is in control.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    Deathlok would be very cool. As long as he has a sound effect!

Bzap! Bzap!

Kra-koom!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

There's a new HP Vault called The Brainy Bunch with 41 items inside. 3750HP for 40 pulls. Shuri and Modok are the two four stars. 1 token to this vault for everyone.

• JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In

maybe this is connected to the last big hit comic run for the mutants? house of X and power of X?

• Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

I could have sworn there was an xmen animated episode back in the nineties titled "under the pale moonlight" which featured...Apocalypse

• bluewolf

@Kingart813 said:
    I could have sworn there was an xmen animated episode back in the nineties titled "under the pale moonlight" which featured...Apocalypse

Not according to various listings of the episode titles on the interwebs. I assume you meant X-Men the Animated Series.

I also look at a "Top 15 animated episodes with Apocalypse in them" and none of them had that title.

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker

If we are still taking werewolf related suggestions, it could be Marcus, the diabetic were-centaur with a venom symbiote?

• bluewolf
    edited April 2020

@MrEd95 said:
    If we are still taking werewolf related suggestions, it could be Marcus, the diabetic were-centaur with a venom symbiote?

This sounds like an SNL superhero from a sketch. It is, right? :D

If we're going ridiculous, why not Bird-Brain? I mean he probably flew around at night or something.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

I am kind of hoping for the Joker as a bizarre mpq/Batman '89 crossover. . .

Though I suppose that would probably have had 'dance' and/or 'devil' in the clue as well.

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker

Silver Fox?

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler

@JiraiyaSannin said:
    maybe this is connected to the last big hit comic run for the mutants? house of X and power of X?

It might be Moira McTaggert. I saw someone in another thread say they searched for the phrase and “lyrics” and found a song by Corner Boy called “Moira (Under the Pale Moonlight)”

Pretty obscure clue I guess, but the developers do seem to like using song titles and lyrics in the game. I’d be happy with Moira, myself.

From what I understand about the comics recently it might be another character that can somehow come back to life after being downed.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards

Hoping for Sleepwalker again...

• dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

Maybe "under the pale moonlight" is an Ed Gein reference. He was the first serial killer, and Apocalypse was the first mutant.

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker

The fourth horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, rides on a pale horse.

• bluewolf

@dingo said:
    Maybe "under the pale moonlight" is an Ed Gein reference. He was the first serial killer, and Apocalypse was the first mutant.

Looks like the name of the Ed Gein movie is "In the Light of the Moon" but maybe there's another reference I'm not aware of. This would also be an...odd....thing to reference in a Marvel game at any time, let alone during a pandemic.

I suppose we'll all find out the character in a few days....I sure hope someone explains the clue once it's revealed.

Part of me wonders if the clue is a misquote or something and we're all being stymied by an error.

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2020

@bluewolf said:

@MrEd95 said:

This sounds like an SNL superhero from a sketch. It is, right? :D

If we're going ridiculous, why not Bird-Brain? I mean he probably flew around at night or something.

Nope, somehow this guy is a real character! He teamed up with Dracula and Frankenstein (even though that was the doctor’s name) to fight deadpool.

I would post a picture if I knew how

Because who else would be able to get away with fighting a diabetic were-centaur with a venom symbiote

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards

what is a were-centaur? a man who grows a horse body sometimes?