Marvel Puzzle Quest R200 Release Notes (4/15/20)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited April 2020 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone –

Here are the Release Notes for R200. Update should be live later today.

“Under the pale moonlight”

The 200th Update is here and MARVEL Puzzle Quest gets an all-new character, awesome specials, and even more legendary content!

• Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative)’s Life Model Ambush power now has a sound effect when activated
  • The No Events Are Currently Available message no longers displays immediately after exiting the Event Rewards screen.
  • The sell character option will no longer be hidden in some rare cases from the Stats and More screen.
  • Powers that reduce the strength of Special tiles to 1 will no longer reduce the strength to 0.
  • [iOS Only] Made various fixes to the Apple ID sign-in process
  • [iOS Only] Interacting with images from pop-ups should no longer result in getting stuck in an unresponsive screen.
  • [iOS Only] Dropped support of iOS 8 and 9. MPQ supports iOS 10 and higher.

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

@LakeStone said:

>

The 200th Update is here and MARVEL Puzzle Quest gets an all-new character, awesome specials, and even more legendary content!

New Feeders? We've got 5 x 5s without them now. Granted a few are still in Latest, but that's never stopped you before! :)

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards

There is a new Legendary store up - Adept Adaptation. Has OML, AA, Storm. I think that qualifies as "legendary content" for marketing purposes.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Powers that reduce the strength of Special tiles to 1 will no longer reduce the strength to 0.

I didn't know this bug exists. The first character that comes to my mind is Kraven. Who else can do what Kraven is doing?

• dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

@bluewolf said:
    There is a new Legendary store up - Adept Adaptation. Has OML, AA, Storm. I think that qualifies as "legendary content" for marketing purposes.

Interesting, they were all once Four Horsemen of Apocalypse...

• HoundofShadow

Thank you! I forgot about those two and Phoenix's is one that I'm not familiar with. Upon re-reading of that bug, it seems to affect BBSM and Venom.

Come to think of it, there isn't any 5* that can debuff the strength of enemy special tiles over time like Kraven does. Maybe it's time to introduce one?

• JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In

so a mutant is coming?
    they always have a "theme" going on (just noticed) when the new character is coming.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:
    Thank you! I forgot about those two and Phoenix's is one that I'm not familiar with. Upon re-reading of that bug, it seems to affect BBSM and Venom.

Come to think of it, there isn't any 5* that can debuff the strength of enemy special tiles over time like Kraven does. Maybe it's time to introduce one?

^ This is a real Omega Red power, if you ask me

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@HoundofShadow said:

^ This is a real Omega Red power, if you ask me

His face is PRETTY pale... Hmmmm

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards

Legion.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards

Hmmm are we sure they're finished with FF? Just to play off of Omega Red power draining, how about Leech? He's part of the FF and X-men world. And, maybe he has a power that creates a countdown tile that turns off passives for x # of turns... :#

• SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    edited April 2020

Is the next one a 5 star? If so maybe a 5 star MoonKnight. A Mr. Knight look would be cool

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards

@dingo said:

@bluewolf said:

Interesting, they were all once Four Horsemen of Apocalypse...

As were Daken and Psylocke. Gambit might have been a better choice than Storm, since as a Horseman, she’s usually an alternate reality.

• Bxhudo
    Bxhudo Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

Gotta be Caliban.

• HoundofShadow
    edited April 2020

Omega Red would be awesome but I remember seeing "leaks" or "rumors" of him appearing as a Super Villain in one of the movies. If it's true, it might be too early for him.

I went to listen to the sound effect added to Maria's ability. It works only when animation is on. :D

The file size needed for R200 seems to be slightly bigger than usual. It's about 115MB. I think it's roughly 60-70MB most of the time?

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

Wonder when they will release the identify of the new 5*. Really looks like apocalypse.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards

Maria Hill now had a sound effect?!?!? Sign me up! Where is that Target Hero button? Watch out Shield SIM!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards

@atomzed said:
    Wonder when they will release the identify of the new 5*. Really looks like apocalypse.

Next week, Monday at the soonest. It's always the same.....although it could be later and the announcement could be Tuesday. The absolute latest is Wednesday when the new 5 will be seen in the in-game preview for the new event starting Thursday (assuming they stick to the established HP release via normal PVE and all that).

I fail to see how the clue connects to Apocalypse, but maybe I'm missing something. I never saw the movie, for example.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:

@atomzed said:

Next week, Monday at the soonest. It's always the same.....although it could be later and the announcement could be Tuesday. The absolute latest is Wednesday when the new 5 will be seen in the in-game preview for the new event starting Thursday (assuming they stick to the established HP release via normal PVE and all that).

I fail to see how the clue connects to Apocalypse, but maybe I'm missing something. I never saw the movie, for example.

I am not sure too. I just heard many guesses that Apocalypse will be the next 5*. I am a bit skeptical though since there’s no tie up. But the new 5* store are all mutants and the store name is “Adept Adaptation” seems to point to Apocalypse (survival of the fittest??)

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor

“Under the pale moonlight”

!!! This was the title of the backup-story in the oversized Deathlok vol.2 #25, which detailed the secret origin of his cybernetic mainframe.

Deathlok (all but) confirmed! And it's about time, I say - he's long overdue.

• TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 138 Tile Toppler

Obviously Deathlok, all versions of Deathlok were created on earth and earth is under the pale moonlight!!!