Waiting out Sinister and Havoc to leave LL

2»

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sinister is not terrible, he’s not great Nor meta, but he is a good support character. 

From the challenge node, I think a 550 sinister is someone whom I will skip, as it’s going to be painful taking him down. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I'd love to know when people say "speed up" or "don't speed up" the 5* releases.... They are already doing a 4/5/4/5/4/5 schedule since January (you could point out that two 4's preceded Sinister, but either way we've had a 5 every month from Sinister on).

So IMO they can't really go any faster....but apparently this is the plan moving forward, at least for now.
    I just want the 4*s to end. If that's bringing one release that's a 5* per month or two I'm fine with it. Of course I'd prefer one but 4* releases now are utterly pointless. Champ costs should be greatly reduced for them.

Right now I'd welcome 5/3/5/3/5 for a few months or even 5/3/2/5/3/2. Add lower ISO demand and add some more feeders to help the little people get deep into the 4* tier. I almost welcome anything over more 4*s.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards

I'd much rather see a new Support Circuit, and have a 5/support/support release or something myself, rather than an accelerated 5* schedule.

• Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler

@tonypq said:
    (Quote)
    my stash will be big enough then to be RNG proof heh. 

Man plans, RNG laughs.

• GoldenArm
    GoldenArm Posts: 28 Just Dropped In

Where can we find the calendar for who will rotate in and out of Latest Legends & when?? Some people seem to know, but I don't know how they find out...

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards

@GoldenArm said:
    Where can we find the calendar for who will rotate in and out of Latest Legends & when?? Some people seem to know, but I don't know how they find out...

It's all based on past experience, and maybe there was an official statement at one point, but the rule is this:

The Latests rotate 2 weeks after the new 5's CP store closes. The oldest 5 always leaves to Classics at that point and the newest one comes in.

The relatively recent change with an HP store release followed a week later by the CP store means that the timing was kind of weird a few times. But for the past few rotations (since the beginning of 2020) each one has happened 2 weeks after the CP store closed. (This may be a Monday or a Tuesday, apparently, so it's still a bit random.)

TLDR, there is no calendar or official statements about precisely when the rotation is happening and who is leaving, we just know as a community. (As to why.....maybe they don't want to put out a statement that might be contradicted by unforeseen issues, or maybe they like keeping us guessing since that might drive more pulls/sales....or some of both.)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards

Well I for one have been lucky enough to pull another BRB cover making him 12 covers and with nearly 3/4 shards collected to finish him off. So I am thinking about serious hoarding for the first time I can remember until both Sinister & Havok are gone. Neither are terrible but neither are really very exciting. I can wait for IHulk as he seems like he will be a handful for unprepared rosters.

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2020

I'm now waiting out Sinister, but glad I champed him. He gets a bad rap (wrap?) that I somewhat understand, but can be excellent at times, and with the right teammates.
    In PvP climbs for example, he can be great. Enemy BRB got lucky and gained 12 green again? 8 Black AP and Sinister laughs it all off for around 1500 per those 4 BRB hits. Now you will have tons of traps for your blue to hit very hard, potentially multiple times.
    And with Havok, man.. he was designed so close to great, but just isn't. His green is way too expensive and situational. Outside of that, blue and red can be excellent. I'm thinking Havok will eventually get an even better partner than Prof X at some point, and then be amazing. I'll keep hoping for now.

But yeah, I'm waiting these two out after base-champing. Wish I could go for some iHulk today, but with this faster 5* release schedule it won't be nearly as long as usual till we get the next one in. At that point, there's a chance I'll want to add some to Havok while getting Hulk and 'new' character'.

-->Separately, it seems that the developers need help to find a feature or content-unlock that we could spend HP on instead of a new character every 2 weeks. Could they consider slowing releases down if we spent in another way?
    A feature or bonus that we just couldn't / shouldn't live without? Wouldn't that save development time & costs over the long run?
    One idea would be to allow us to pay a small amount of HP for Character Boosts of our choice. At just 80 HP per day, I'd love 10x god-boosts to use in offensive battle only (not active on pvp defense). 80 x 14 days = ~1100 HP
    The cost could be tied to the individual player's roster slot price, so that it's not too prohibitive to anyone.
    This idea post got exactly -0- traction in the Suggestions forum area lol. Other ideas?