Waiting out Sinister and Havoc to leave LL

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
edited April 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone else find it a bit depressing how long we're going to be waiting for Sinister and Havoc to be rotated out of LLs ?

I know it is what it is, based on how long each 5 is in LLs before they get swapped out. Hoever in anticipation of Hulk entering, Sinister/Havoc in the store do nothing for me. Such a long time time to wait for those two to get rotated out. 

Being a Hulk fan I want him, but not with Sinister and Havoc in LL. Really hoping the next 5 or couple 5s are a lot cooler. Was curious who else is waiting out for these two to be swapped for the next 5s to come before chasing Hulk. Just feels like too often these days, the 5s we're getting are quite a bit uninspired, not tuned correctly, just general meh which the 5 tier doesn't really need more of 

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree, I think they need to speed up 5* releases.

Yes I’m waiting on those two leaving too. I’ve fully embraced hoarding and picking and choosing my fives so I’m used to it.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Tony_Foot said:

Yes I’m waiting on those two leaving too. I’ve fully embraced hoarding and picking and choosing my fives so I’m used to it.
    That's the only good thing at the moment is building up my hoard further as well. By time these two leave LLs I'll have enough pulls to get Hulk and the two 5s with him if I wanted both, my stash will be big enough then to be RNG proof heh. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like Sinister, but I found Havok pretty boring in his loaner PVP. I'm going to keep trying to stay current though. I am interested to chase Hulk, I've already got BRB champed so I'm ready at least for that rotation to happen. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I'm two covers shy of champing BRB, so until I nab at least one more cover for him that I can use, I'm drawing from Latests. I just had a streak of drawing 4 5 stars in a row from LTs, so I've probably used up my hot streak for a while. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Umm, demi just did increase the 5* release rate.  Waiting out bad 5*s used to take 12-18 weeks.  Now it just takes 8-12. . .
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doesn't matter for me, i can never pull enough of anyone fast enough no matter how many pulls i save. they always get pulled either when i hit 10/13 ,11/13 or my personal favorite , 12/13. Then you get to watch the shard meter fill 3 points a pull until you hit 500......
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I‘d love to be able to just pick my own set of 3 5*‘s to pull from.
  • Natural_0x14
    Natural_0x14 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I agree, don’t speed up the 5* releases.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love to know when people say "speed up" or "don't speed up" the 5* releases.... They are already doing a 4/5/4/5/4/5 schedule since January (you could point out that two 4's preceded Sinister, but either way we've had a 5 every month from Sinister on).

So IMO they can't really go any faster....but apparently this is the plan moving forward, at least for now.
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    tonypq said:
    my stash will be big enough then to be RNG proof heh. 
    Do not temp the Fates!
    : )
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    This isn't even a drought, as Sinister and Havoc are both interesting, to me anyways, and capable of big damage.  Last year around this time was Hela - Captain Marvel - Rescue.  I think it'd been routine to have the "lackluster" 5s come out in the first half of the year, then the good ones come out around anniversary time.  Anniversary sucks now so who knows.  
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Tony_Foot said:

Lol. Every other release/once a month isn't enough?

I much preferred longer times between releases for the reason FFtD mentioned.

It's getting very hard to champ them all at the current release rate, much less make them into something worth using beyond their three-month shelf life for being essential more often in PVE's.

To OP point though: yes, Sinister seems terrible and Havok seems not much better, might as well wait them out. But such has been the case in some of the past releases as well...which again goes to release speed (vs testing time in this case). More time testing would hopefully mean less broken (BRB) or just plain out bad (Sinister) 5*'s, more balance to the game couldn't be a bad thing.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Tony_Foot said:

Speed up?... You're nuts :) 
  • Vhailorx
    SnowcaTT said:
    Tony_Foot said:

Lol. Every other release/once a month isn't enough?

I much preferred longer times between releases for the reason FFtD mentioned.

It's getting very hard to champ them all at the current release rate, much less make them into something worth using beyond their three-month shelf life for being essential more often in PVE's.

To OP point though: yes, Sinister seems terrible and Havok seems not much better, might as well wait them out. But such has been the case in some of the past releases as well...which again goes to release speed (vs testing time in this case). More time testing would hopefully mean less broken (BRB) or just plain out bad (Sinister) 5*'s, more balance to the game couldn't be a bad thing.
    BRB is broken?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still still don’t see why people hate on Havok.  He might not be Meta but he hits like a ton of bricks.  He pairs with Professor X and if you throw a AP generator like Vulture in the mix opponents go down fast.  

I can see waiting for Sinister to leave but the reality is having 3 great 5* in latest at the same time so if you want Hulk go for Hulk.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having more time to cover 5* is good. You might not like character X, but I'm sure someone out there enjoys character X. I think it's impossible to characters that will fit someone's taste every single release.

I think Havok is quite bland except for that one ability where he switches red and green ap. The blandness is where he gets the hate. 
  • Vhailorx
    edited April 2020
    Having more time to cover 5* is good. You might not like character X, but I'm sure someone out there enjoys character X. I think it's impossible to characters that will fit someone's taste every single release.

I think Havok is quite bland except for that one ability where he switches red and green ap. The blandness is where he gets the hate. 
    I agree with hound on this.

Havok didn't bring much to the game that we haven't seen before.  He just has better damage efficiency than older 5*s, but the only people who really see it are vets who have him champed, because underleveled 5* powers are almost all bad.

I will likely skip him beside I don't play nearly enough to keep pace.  But I would be fine with champing him if I had the resources.
     I would neither break a hoard just for him, nor be scared away from opening LTs by his presence
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    And if you want ihulk you could be forced to get havok if the following releases are trash. I hope I don’t regret not getting him in the release store with doom.