Heavy Metal May 23 - May 25 (Season 2)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Breaking shield and then losing the battle is extremely smart.
    Enjoy the points, Sockid icon_e_sad.gif
    Church of Patches welcomes converts!
    Yeah, that _was_ with Patch/Hulk.
    Board without green didn't help, Unibeam from the enemy wasn't exactly great, either.
    Would have needed one more move to at least get the points, but IM40 survived with 500HP while my Patch died to a cascade with still no green on the board.
    Hulk got killed by a Magnetic Translocation before he could get off a single anger.

That must have been the worst board I had in a long time.
    Same team - I just lost a fight to Pun+OBW. Patch was at low health, but I assumed he'd heal during the battle. Molotov at turn3 proved me wrong.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Same team - I just lost a fight to Pun+OBW. Patch was at low health, but I assumed he'd heal during the battle. Molotov at turn3 proved me wrong.
    Sucks, huh.
    You probably boosted too, so a nice net loss in every category.

Well, got three 40 pointers lined up, so I should be able to shield out at 950 once my health packs are back.
    It's no fun losing all those high point targets while still having to grind 141s from the start _and_ being visible from 600 points below.

Still getting used to points being lower, but if 900 is good enough for top 10 in the next tourney as well, then I'll just stop earlier instead of putting myself through all of this.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sockid wrote:
    Yeah I am shielded now feel free to hit me all you want

Good push - sorry about our retal war which must just have cost us both(!) but a real shortage of targets this morning....
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm at 1014 and shielded for 8hrs for some sleep... If you got me in a node, feel free. I may do more after shield is done, depends on the bracket at that point.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    bowgentle I thought we were semi friendly, thanks for ur hospitality of -40+ pts, by the way in previous pvps when i see u i always skip u. Hey locked I got u in one of my node, I will only hit u when I see u are shield
    hey - I won't shield until the last portion of the tourney, fire away, I am earning ISO this way.
    edit: although technically my points are not that attractive at the moment, I retal'd my way back only to 600s when I was 900 yesterday. No good targets icon_cry.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    hey mikeydollar7 are u being hit when doing shield hopping? I got hit several times when hopping.. lol
  • Bowgentle
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Decided to cut my losses and am shielded out at 930 now.
    Feel free to hit me if you got me in your queue, I won't move unless I fall out of top 10.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hey mikeydollar7 are u being hit when doing shield hopping? I got hit several times when hopping.. lol

I was hit a few times, but was more than a hop as i did around 8 fights and got hit 5 times so hardly made any ground....
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not my day.

Third battle, third loss.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Not my day.

Third battle, third loss.
    icon_e_sad.gif
    Decided it's not worth planning my whole day around shield jumping so I'm about done.

Edit:
    And it's pretty weird seeing Slobofix at only 70 points instead of her usual 1100+
    When even the whales get sick of shield hopping, the devs should start to take notice.

And who is this Kakko guy? Haven't noticed him before season 1, but he has been getting 1200+ even in season 2... a new whale that has entered the game only recently? His roster sure looks recent, all chars who had PVPs lately (except Torch) maxed, but barely any covers for the rest of his roster, let alone levels.
  • Unknown
    Options
    one of the hop I use 2 mins sockid found me.... another hop sockid, morph found me in 1 min.....
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    one of the hop I use 2 mins sockid found me.... another hop sockid, morph found me in 1 min.....
    It's crazy how fast people find you when you break shield. I didn't dare do a third fight.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How much time between unshielding?

You need to wait at least 40mins (preferably longer). The game queues You in someone's node, so it might happen You will show up a couple of mins after You shielded.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options

same kind of problem. Usually now is a good time, but somebody 500 below me hit me twice. Shield had been up over 2 hours.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:

same kind of problem. Usually now is a good time, but somebody 500 below me hit me twice. Shield had been up over 2 hours.
    You hit me about 5 seconds after my shield went up icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ryz_aus how long were u unshield. Emeryt cannot remember quite long... too much of a concidence. (are u staying permanent?)
  • Unknown
    Options
    bowgentle. ... seriously? ?? he saw u *5 secs* after u unshield.........ryz_aus can help to share some details e.g did u queue bowgentle up ahead?
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    bowgentle. ... seriously? ?? he saw u *5 secs* after u unshield.........
    Well, I was unshielded for less than 5 minutes while doing two quick fights, and I had Hulk/Patch/100 IM40 in, so it took a while to kill my guys, so I must have been in his node pretty much right when I unshielded, yeah.

Edit:
    And Excel just bounced off my shield, so he got me too in those 5 minutes (have been shielded for 24 minutes now).
  • Unknown
    Options
    bowgentle. ... seriously? ?? he saw u *5 secs* after u unshield.........ryz_aus can help to share some details e.g did u queue bowgentle up ahead?

If someone is skipping and there are few high scores around they can find you sometimes within seconds (<30) of unshielding - have tested with alliance team mates. Obviously being in someone's queue (or presumably local cache) from earlier can lead to the same result
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm staying unshielded so far. _maybe_ i'll do some shield jumping near the end. maybe not.