Heavy Metal May 23 - May 25 (Season 2)

Options

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Miucat, I see you lurking at the very, very bottom of my bracket. icon_cool.gif
    bowgentle I thought we were semi friendly, thanks for ur hospitality of -40+ pts, by the way in previous pvps when i see u i always skip u. Hey locked I got u in one of my node, I will only hit u when I see u are shield
    Shame on you, Bowgentle! On his birthday, too! icon_e_sad.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    Impulse wrote:
    Already got attacked three times at 33 points. I guess this is the new normal!
    I got attacked at 29 points about an hour after I joined. That was a novel experience.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bowgentle I thought we were semi friendly, thanks for ur hospitality of -40+ pts, by the way in previous pvps when i see u i always skip u. Hey locked I got u in one of my node, I will only hit u when I see u are shield
    Sorry, just grabbing some points icon_e_sad.gif
    I only hit you once though, you came up as the juiciest target 5 or 6 times, I skipped the other times.
  • Unknown
    Options
    got my next ares cover from the token

yay just need one more and i can get him to 85. thank you Iron man

now getting to 1100 is going to be a pain in the butt for me but... i dont know
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They really need to do something with the skip system. Earlier, I tried to skip WYP. I pressed skip (my last free skip) - and he came up again. I pressed skip again, he came up yet again. lol.

So, either he's uber popular at that very moment, or there really isn't a true randomness at all. I mean, obviously there really isn't, it's just the same 5-6 people being put in the nodes. Just found it funny that one node kept pulling up the same person over and over, even when paying 10 iso to skip.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Miucat, I see you lurking at the very, very bottom of my bracket.

/wave

Yes, was chilling out down there but if this beacket end up like all my other pvp brackets since Doctor's Order #2, I might just continue chilling. icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I never knew I could rank high today.

Now that I got a new laptop I can offically make a backup account on Steam but no idea how to transfer my account so i may make a second name.

anyway I may just take it easy and just let people attack me
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:

Pam, I say this with sincere warmth and love. Stop trying to get 1100. You're just not there yet. Not saying it's not possible but it would take lots of shield hopping and luck.

Try to get close to tenth place when you do your pushes, then stop. Only use one shield, ideally close to the end so you waste minimal hp. If you don't need the 2* and you might not get the 3* don't shield at all! Hell, I wouldn't even shield for a 2* at this point if I were you since they give them away as regular match rewards now

I personally think you're trying for too much given your roster. Finish up your OBW and get her, Thor, ares, and wolvie to 85. Work on expanding that alliance to get more ISO and hp. One you have a full 2* team THEN work on your 3*.

Don't put any ISO into your 3*s until their soft cap is 100+, until they get there your 85 will still be better.

Let's say you kill your self, you shield hop, you use boosts, you do everything right and your sub 85 team somehow gets to 1100. Well for your trouble you get a yellow Im40. A cover lots of people only want 2 of and NO one who's been playing this game a long time wants more than 3 of.

I know it sounds counterproductive to say "stop trying so hard" but I really feel the approach you're taking isn't the best one for you right now. But if you feel the need to continue to push yourself to the limit I wish you all the best

If you haven't already read np's guide, it's really good. Listen to him if you don't trust me icon_e_wink.gif

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:

Pam, I say this with sincere warmth and love. Stop trying to get 1100. You're just not there yet. Not saying it's not possible but it would take lots of shield hopping and luck.

Try to get close to tenth place when you do your pushes, the stop. Only use one shield, ideally close to the end so you waste minimal hp. If you don't need the 2* and you might not get the 3* don't shield at all! Hell, I wouldn't even shield for a 2* at this point if I were you since they give them away as regular match rewards now

I personally think you're trying for too much given your roster. Finish up your OBW and get her, Thor, ares, and wolvie to 85. Work on expanding that alliance to get more ISO and hp. One you have a full 2* team THEN work on your 3*.

Don't put any ISO into your 3*s until their soft cap is 100+, until they get their your 85 will still be better.

Let's say you kill your self, you shield hop, you use boosts, you do everything right and your sub 85 team somehow gets to 1100. Well for your trouble you get a yellow Im40. A cover lots of people only want 2 of and NO one who's been playing this game a long time wants more than 3 of.

I know it sounds counterproductive to say "stop trying so hard" but I really feel the approach you're taking isn't the best one for you right now. But if you feel the need to continue to push yourself to the limit I wish you all the best

If you haven't already read np's guide, it's really good. Listen to him if you don't trust me icon_e_wink.gif

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

yeah i know i know im just trying my best to keep winning points for iso and getting those two star covers to finish my 2* but i keep getting 2* i dont need (stupid bagman bullseye you name it) or covers i already maxed, instead of the covers i need to finish for my 2*. On the bright side at least the wasted covers are good iso helpers too

I know i shouldnt be wasting hp on shields at all but yes im offically not going to do that anymore. I'll just let people attack me.

I just wish my alliance was stronger but a) its not my alliance and b) the leader is someone's daughter who can't expand it without her father's help and its taking ages for it to happen or people to help out and by the look of things, we're not ranking so high
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Well now that you're saving your Hp maybe you can expand it. OR...or... Now that you're a regular on the forums, you may be able to find a home in one of the casual 20 team alliances here.

With so many people burning out, I just want to make sure you don't keep going down a path that won't end well.

Hope you listen to the advice you get here on the forums, we won't steer you wrong. Atleast not on purpose

Hypnotoad+Obey.jpg

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well now that you're saving your ISO maybe you can expand it. OR...or... Now that you're a regular on the forums, you may be able to find a home in one of the casual 20 team alliances here.

With so many people burning out, I just want to make sure you don't keep going down a path that won't end well.

Hope you listen to the advice you get here on the forums, we won't steer you wrong. Atleast not on purpose

Hypnotoad+Obey.jpg

icon_e_biggrin.gif

I know i've seen many people who have suffered from this game but not me, this game has made me use my Andriod tablet much more than I ever used it before

And today I got a new laptop and now I relogged into my steam account which I haven't used in ages and decided to make a backup account (wished there was a way to like backup my main account from my Google tablet to steam but if not i can make a second backup and try to work around a secondary team)

I"ll probably be on this game even if d3 makes it worse.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    I know i've seen many people who have suffered from this game but not me, this game has made me use my Andriod tablet much more than I ever used it before

And today I got a new laptop and now I relogged into my steam account which I haven't used in ages and decided to make a backup account (wished there was a way to like backup my main account from my Google tablet to steam but if not i can make a second backup and try to work around a secondary team)

I"ll probably be on this game even if d3 makes it worse.
    Yeah, and that's exactly how it started for all of us - we got hooked, played more and more, and now look at us sorry messes icon_e_wink.gif

Listen to Arogntbastrd, and relax until you get some more covers - they'll come eventually and you'll have more fun when they do.
    Because the longer you play, and the better you do, the tougher your MMR gets, and what would you do if you start getting matched up with 141s because the game decides that you played enough days and have a single 3* in the 100s?
    So enjoy being relatively low leveled for now and just play naturally instead of trying so hard for 1100, which even for us vets is hard sometimes.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The rewards didn't change to not-laken when I wasn't looking right? Maybe I'm just super lucky in my bracketing this time, but points seem waaaay down compared to last event, when I made my push around now. It looks like even the top alliances only have a person or two each that broke 1k.

Hell, the event has a less than a day left and it still hasn't been stickeyed icon_razz.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    The rewards didn't change to not-laken when I wasn't looking right? Maybe I'm just super lucky in my bracketing this time, but points seem waaaay down compared to last event, when I made my push around now. It looks like even the top alliances only have a person or two each that broke 1k.

Hell, the event has a less than a day left and it still hasn't been stickeyed icon_razz.gif
    Yeah, the downside of low points is: No fights worth a damn and being sniped from 500 below for 40 hurts like hell, especially when someone starts farming you.
    Had to shield at 860 now, because Apoptosis81 apparently found his favourite new punching ball in me.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bah, shouldn't have gotten greedy going for 1k. Got to a fight that would have put me at just over, but was hit by 3 people in a 3 minute period for a bit less than 100. Shielded at 919 for the duration, unless there are way more people hidden down the bracket than usual, but the bracket looks pretty soft for now, 10 at 666
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Breaking shield and then losing the battle is extremely smart.
    Enjoy the points, Sockid icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Church of Patches welcomes converts!
  • Bowgentle
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Church of Patches welcomes converts!
    Yeah, that _was_ with Patch/Hulk.
    Board without green didn't help, Unibeam from the enemy wasn't exactly great, either.
    Would have needed one more move to at least get the points, but IM40 survived with 500HP while my Patch died to a cascade with still no green on the board.
    Hulk got killed by a Magnetic Translocation before he could get off a single anger.

That must have been the worst board I had in a long time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

Thanks for the help was in middle of my push to 1100.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Sockid wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Thanks for the help was in middle of my push to 1100.
    Glad it was of help, at least!

You shielded up now? Because I have you in a node for my next attempt.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah I am shielded now feel free to hit me all you want