Fan Favorites Store - Part II

2»

Comments

• gahcior2
    gahcior2 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I still have 31 4 stars left to roster (most of them are not very good) so, should i take my chances at this vault? (I have almost 30 pulls) I see a lot of people saying that you can't miss a vault like this. And If not, How long is It going to take until we have a good vault like this again ?
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Bishop, on the other hand, is the guy who kicks you in the jimmies and steals your lunch money.  His passive powers aren't delayed a turn, making him worse than the #Rona.
    Bishop seems to be less of a problem now. More characters can one-shot him, and now that more people have him covered, you can just bring your own Bishop and just be first to the stun. 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    gahcior2 said:
    I still have 31 4 stars left to roster (most of them are not very good) so, should i take my chances at this vault? (I have almost 30 pulls) I see a lot of people saying that you can't miss a vault like this. And If not, How long is It going to take until we have a good vault like this again ?

Skip. This vault is for 5* players or transitioners to 5*. If ya have 31 4* to go, then skip. Spend it on classics or hoard.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    1 more pull - Yellow Kitty! I can finish her with shards for my second covered 5*, so obviously that is exciting although ironic in that I always found her Overpowered. Joke is on me but it is a fairly good joke. 😁
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I was unable to use the Fan Favourite store as it came in at the same time as Havok entering Latest Legends. So a non event for me. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it's based on who get sharded, I'm also surprise Vulture is not in there. I rarely see Human Torch being used.

@gahcior2 I think you can wait again when October comes. I remember they had this kind of favourite store in last year anniversary.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Had 1800CP a 1/0/0 Kitty, 2/0/0 Strange and 1/0/1 Okoye.  Planned to spend 800 CP hoping to get 4 or more  covers, particularly hoping for Kitty and if possible Purple.  This would leave enough pulls to be fairly certain of pulling an Immortal Hulk when his release store appears.
    Only got two 5 stars from my set 32 pulls, another blue for Strange and another Black for Okoye.
    Disappointed by both the low return and the fact it was powers/characters I already had, I decided to keep going until I hit a Kitty.
    29 Pulls later I finally got one, however on the way I got 3 more covers for Strange and 4 for Okoye from the other 28 pulls.  Strange now has a slightly worrying 5/1/0 build and Okoye a much nicer 3/2/2 build.
    10/61 overall; so, so glad I didn't stop where I planned.  Still have 11 pulls plus whatever else I can earn for the release store.

@gahcior2 IMO depends on whether you have all of Okoye, Strange and Kitty rostered already and secondly if you have all of the favourited 4s rostered.  Most of the 4s are meta so if it gets you closer to champing them it'll be worth it and having the covers for these three five stars will not hurt when you are ready to put ISO into them.  If you pulled 30 times you can expect probably 4 five stars, 13 from the favourite 12 and 13 others leaving about 4 characters you'll need to roster or let die on the vine.
    If you don't already have the five stars and favourited 12 rostered, or already have most of the favourite 12 champed, I'd be tempted to pull until you have as many new characters as you'll have HP to roster before expiration, then stop.  There will be another good selection at some point!
    Reason I say this: I went all in on Chavez in August to make her my first champ and she's made as much if not more of a difference in PVE as Strange did at 3 star level.  Before I was doing SCL 7 but now will do 8 or 9 in PVE and thus earn better rewards.  With this boost list I'm up in SCL 10 for this event and just about hanging on for max progression.  Having a champed R&G and Juggernaut is also amazing for speed clears so if you pull and are lucky it could save you time and increase your rewards.  Good luck whatever you decide.

P.S. The Kitty was Purple.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    gahcior2 said:

Skip. This vault is for 5* players or transitioners to 5*. If ya have 31 4* to go, then skip. Spend it on classics or hoard.
    This is a very very good vault.  And also an excellent way for newer players to roster 3 very good characters, 2 of whom can be quite useful with just a few covers.

I think it's reasonable to say that hoarding resources entirely is the smart play for players who aren't ready to start rostering 5*s.

But if you have enough HP to roster whoever you might pull, and are committed to opening LTs, then I think pulling from this vault is a perfectly defensible play over opening classics.
  • Mr_F
    Vhailorx said:
    Mr_F said:
    gahcior2 said:

This is a very very good vault.  And also an excellent way for newer players to roster 3 very good characters, 2 of whom can be quite useful with just a few covers.

I think it's reasonable to say that hoarding resources entirely is the smart play for players who aren't ready to start rostering 5*s.

But if you have enough HP to roster whoever you might pull, and are committed to opening LTs, then I think pulling from this vault is a perfectly defensible play over opening classics.

If he is not deeply into 4* then focusing on 5* is not that good. He will burn CP and ISO for something he wont use yet that much. I would rather focus on classics and pulling as much as possible 4* and roster 5* that may happens there so he can move up in SCL PVE and earn more 5* shards ect.

I know that this is good vault, but for example, if he has 1000 cp then he will have 40 pulls. With classic it would be 50.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,530 Chairperson of the Boards
    Added 5 levels to 5Strange, champed Kitty and Okoye: 1500CP well spent!

Got a lot of 4*-5* streaks, so my first 20 pulls netted me 7 5*, best odds I've ever seen!
  • Vhailorx
    Mr_F said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Mr_F said:
    gahcior2 said:

If he is not deeply into 4* then focusing on 5* is not that good. He will burn CP and ISO for something he wont use yet that much. I would rather focus on classics and pulling as much as possible 4* and roster 5* that may happens there so he can move up in SCL PVE and earn more 5* shards ect.

I know that this is good vault, but for example, if he has 1000 cp then he will have 40 pulls. With classic it would be 50.

As I said, if someone is not interested in/ready for rostering 5*s, then hoarding is a perfectly acceptable alternative.  but in the long run, I think that getting covers for the good 5*s is WAY more important than the 25% cp tax on special LT stores.  These characters are useful at lower covers (not so much strange because there is always 3* strange, but definitely the other two), and only get better with more covers.  So if someone is interested in opening tokens, then I think it make sense to spend on this store as opposed to classics. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

As for the favorite 4*s, that is a good list, but xfw has no business in regular play these days, Spidey IW is the wrong Spidey.  2099 is the one to get.  Torch is legit.
    You're not wrong about the Spideys, but if you already have a champ 2099 and are still mostly in 4* land, Spidey IW & Miles & 2099 are brutally fast on offense. They spam webs like nobody's business and you'll quickly have Miles purple, Peter red, and Miguel blue all lined up. Both Miles & Peter's attacks have no upper limit on damage and add 75% from Miguel's blue.. that makes just about anybody fall over dead.

Gwen / Miles / 2099 is 'safer' due to Gwen's burst heals and double-stun, but for pure takedown speed Peter trumps Gwen. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx said:

As for the favorite 4*s, that is a good list, but xfw has no business in regular play these days, Spidey IW is the wrong Spidey.  2099 is the one to get.  Torch is legit.
    You're not wrong about the Spideys, but if you already have a champ 2099 and are still mostly in 4* land, Spidey IW & Miles & 2099 are brutally fast on offense. They spam webs like nobody's business and you'll quickly have Miles purple, Peter red, and Miguel blue all lined up. Both Miles & Peter's attacks have no upper limit on damage and add 75% from Miguel's blue.. that makes just about anybody fall over dead.

Gwen / Miles / 2099 is 'safer' due to Gwen's burst heals and double-stun, but for pure takedown speed Peter trumps Gwen. 

IW is a good spidey, and there are finally some fun web-tile combo teams in the game.  But 2099 is the one that should be a fan favorite.  he is very good on his own, and absolutely devastating with Okoye.
  • Mr_F
    edited March 2020
    Vhailorx said:
    Mr_F said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Mr_F said:
    gahcior2 said:

As I said, if someone is not interested in/ready for rostering 5*s, then hoarding is a perfectly acceptable alternative.  but in the long run, I think that getting covers for the good 5*s is WAY more important than the 25% cp tax on special LT stores.  These characters are useful at lower covers (not so much strange because there is always 3* strange, but definitely the other two), and only get better with more covers.  So if someone is interested in opening tokens, then I think it make sense to spend on this store as opposed to classics. 

That is one option. Second option: chasing specific 5* via shards and champion rewards. In the long run, that extra one pull is 300 5* & 450 4* shards for every 100 extra pulls. Someone may say it's not that much but it ads. The other advantages are geting random 5* covers so PVE is easier and faster (believe, just having required 5* at 1 cover really speeds up PVE). Plus, the faster I champion more 4* the more HP and CP I will gain thanks to champion rewards.

And I agree, there is a moment when someone has to decide to switch from chasing 4* into chasing 5* and in that moment that extra pulls will not matter that much.

Overall: at some points the way a certain player plays depends on the roster, time avaibility etc. I gave him one advice you gave him another. He now may choose the one that benefits him more. What is optimal for Rick O'Shay (Hi there! Yes, I watch ya on YT) may not me optimal for me and vice versa.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

IW is a good spidey, and there are finally some fun web-tile combo teams in the game.  But 2099 is the one that should be a fan favorite.  he is very good on his own, and absolutely devastating with Okoye.
    That is true. If this vault would spit out the last Kitty I need instead of more Strange covers to save, I think I could finally make the jump to 5* land and run that combo for myself.

I've made 30 or 40 pulls so far.. a couple Okoye reds, which gets her to 13 covers, and 4 or 5 Strange covers to the bank, since he's already fully covered, but my 7/4/3 Kitty continues to wait for the lucky draw (she was 6/4/3, then I hit an Emma which brought her to 280). I'd then have Kitty, Okoye, Strange, Hela, and ProfX all ready to champ. That doesn't quite get me all the meta, but it's a pretty solid foot in the door.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I use Okoye a lot, and Strange too and my Kitty needs some love, so this is an excellent store. However I was very low on CP and have only been able to pull 3 times. 3rd pull a 5* (yeah!), it's Strange (yeah!), it's Strange yellow ...
    My 2/3/5 Strange weeps.