Fan Favorites Store - Part II

Options
KGB
KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
It's back...

Another fan favorites store. This time it's Kitty/Okoye/Strange instead of Kitty/Okoye/Thor.

Sadly for me I have a fully covered Strange, a 12 cover Okoye (with Shuri at 296 about to give another sharded cover) and an 11 cover Kitty with 350 shards. So while I'd love to spend to get the 1 Kitty cover I need the problem is I don't need the other 2. If only it was Thor again for my 3/2/2 Thor :'(

So who's pulling here or did everyone just bust a horde for Havoc / waiting for the new 5* Immortal Hulk?

KGB

Comments

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll pull, my Kitty is champed so I'll take levels for her, and my Strange (3/2/4) and Okoye (2/1/4) both need covers. The problem is I don't hoard so I won't be pulling too much from it since it's around for only 3 1/2 days
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I had strange champed, but kitty is my 5 star favorited hero with 8 covers and okoye was at 5.  Spent about 3500 CP from my hoard and wound up with a champed lvl 458 okoye and champed lvl 456 kitty and got a few bonus levels on strange.

Definitely worth it, they've already made the challenge node much easier teamed up with my champed BRB, and I still have about 217 pulls left between LL and cp left.  I'll keep saving until I get back up to around 340 pulls for LL.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I decided this was worth 5 tries because my Strang5 only has four covers and I had 125 CP in my to-spend pile.  Got a Strang5 blue on the first try.  I wish all stores were so kind to me.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got Okoye Black first pull. Tried 3 more. Called it a day fine.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This vault was GOLD for me.
    52 pulls. 9 5*s
    Strange now at 13 covers (+2 saved)
    Kitty at 543
    Okoye at 552
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The block of 4* favs was interesting to me. What is this based on? Shard targets?
  • tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    The block of 4* favs was interesting to me. What is this based on? Shard targets?
    I didn't see a block of 4* favorites. They were all available at the same odds (including Talos who is nobody's fav.)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I have zero pull left for this store, but I will pull once I get enough CP to pull at least once.

The list of "community's favourite" 4* is interesting:

America Chavez
    Bishop
    Captain America (Worthy)
    Captain Marvel
    Human Torch
    Juggernaut
    Medusa
    Peggy Carter
    Rocket & Groot
    Sabretooth
    Spiderman (Infinity War)
    Wolverine (X-Force)

Most of them are top tier characters. I see them in Shield Simulator very often, except for Human Torch, SMIW and Wolverine. Out of those three, Human Torch is the oddball in there. Is he that popular outside of MPQ?

Bishop and Worthy Cap, who are pretty much disliked here, made it into the "community's favourite" list. So, I think one could infer something from this.

This is a good store, but it's not my day. :|
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tchipley said:
    I didn't see a block of 4* favorites. They were all available at the same odds (including Talos who is nobody's fav.)
    If you look closely at the top of the 4's you'll see 12 showing "6X Odds!".  That means when you pull and get a 4, you have a 50% chance it will be one of those 12.  That means 42.5% of the pulls will be one of them or about 3.54% for each.  

Since there are another 79 4's in there, the odds of getting a specific one of those is 0.54%.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am sorely tempted to pull as Kitty is the one meta character I don't have anywhere near usable.  But I don't have enough cp to reasonably expect to cover her, so I am reluctant to blow it all on hope. 

As for the favorite 4*s, that is a good list, but xfw has no business in regular play these days, Spidey IW is the wrong Spidey.  2099 is the one to get.  Torch is legit.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree, Torch is pretty legit. I was curious if it was pulled from everyone’s list of shard targets across the game. I never see Torch in PVP even though he is solid with Okoye.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bagged an Okoye black cover, may go back for another go.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sadly I only had 15 pulls worth of cp, but as I need both kitty and okoye I decided to go all in. Rng of course had other ideas, so both 5*s I managed to pull were Dr.Strange. On the upside he is now fully covered. I hope that appeases rng enough, that I will no longer get him exclusively from every single store he happens to be in.
    I'll try to scrape some more cp together before the store closes to try and get some okoye covers as she needs it most.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    This vault was GOLD for me.
    52 pulls. 9 5*s
    Strange now at 13 covers (+2 saved)
    Kitty at 543
    Okoye at 552
    lol I thought you meant LEVEL 543 kitty then I saw the line for Okoye and figured it out.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    341 pulls here.
    • 19 Okoye
    • 18 Strange
    • 9 Kitty
    Wanted more Kitty instead of Strange, but o well.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't know it was coming, and I like BRB, so I've been pulling for more BRB covers. If I had a bunch of pulls, it would've been tempting. I'd like to add another 10-20 levels for my Kitty and Okoye. Then again, if I pulled a hoard big enough to guarantee that, I'd probably have to pass on a latest or two.

Anyway, no pulls for me.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is a great store, unfortunately I already double dipped as one of the recent special stores already featured Kitty and another featured Okoye, so I was able to get them both fully covered. I would much have preferred having them both in one store like this and Strange is way more appealing than the other 4 I don't even remember at this point. I'd like to have covers for my 3/3/3 Strange, but I have not yet made the jump to 5* land so extra covers for Kitty and Okoye do nothing for me and I'm choosing to save my CP in hopes of a Thor and/or Hawkeye vault.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pulled ten times. Got 1 5* cover. Inevitably it was the one cover that I couldn’t use, Kitty red and it was on my first pull. Should have guessed at the outset that RNGesus wasn’t going to be kind to me today. C’est la vie...
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have zero pull left for this store, but I will pull once I get enough CP to pull at least once.

America Chavez
    Bishop
    Captain America (Worthy)
    Captain Marvel
    Human Torch
    Juggernaut
    Medusa
    Peggy Carter
    Rocket & Groot
    Sabretooth
    Spiderman (Infinity War)
    Wolverine (X-Force)

Most of them are top tier characters. I see them in Shield Simulator very often, except for Human Torch, SMIW and Wolverine. Out of those three, Human Torch is the oddball in there. Is he that popular outside of MPQ?

Bishop and Worthy Cap, who are pretty much disliked here, made it into the "community's favourite" list. So, I think one could infer something from this.

Worthy cap and bishop are widely disliked because they are super strong and used constantly while difficult to play against. That's what we can infer from that.

I'm more surprised vulture is not in there. I would think this list may be based on who people set as their targeted characters. Infinity spidey would be very logical in that sense because he gives black suit spidey shards.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2020
    Options
    tiomono said:

America Chavez
    Bishop
    Captain America (Worthy)
    Captain Marvel
    Human Torch
    Juggernaut
    Medusa
    Peggy Carter
    Rocket & Groot
    Sabretooth
    Spiderman (Infinity War)
    Wolverine (X-Force)

Worthy cap and bishop are widely disliked because they are super strong and used constantly while difficult to play against. That's what we can infer from that.

I'm more surprised vulture is not in there. I would think this list may be based on who people set as their targeted characters. Infinity spidey would be very logical in that sense because he gives black suit spidey shards.

Worthy cap isn't that bad.  He's only really bad when paired with Hawk5ye.  Worthy Cap can be one-shotted on turn 1 by several 5-star chars or tip-toed around for a few turns to then stun or nuke him.

Bishop, on the other hand, is the guy who kicks you in the jimmies and steals your lunch money.  His passive powers aren't delayed a turn, making him worse than the #Rona.