1.1.5 Release Notes (3/16/2020)

Options
2»

Comments

• LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options

Hi Everyone –

With the release of our most recent update v1.1.5, we understand that some of the balance changes were not communicated to the best that we could have done. We have seen your feedback (and please keep them coming) and are currently in the midst of some additional balance changes for the game based on this feedback and our testing. We will release it as a hotfix for a couple of them starting later today with more planned for the future.

If you have been playing the game for a while, you are probably aware of how Base Defense seems a little too hard and Commands seems to be a little too powerful so our upcoming efforts will go towards getting the game difficulty back to a more comfortable level, with the goal of creating meaningful base building and defense, and a more utilitarian outlook for Commands in mind. These tweaks will give players an opportunity to employ more strategy and test various combinations in pursuit of victory in the game.

We appreciate your understanding and patience while we continue to improve the overall game experience.

• dirty
    dirty Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    LakeStone said:

Hi Everyone –

With the release of our most recent update v1.1.5, we understand that some of the balance changes were not communicated to the best that we could have done. We have seen your feedback (and please keep them coming) and are currently in the midst of some additional balance changes for the game based on this feedback and our testing. We will release it as a hotfix for a couple of them starting later today with more planned for the future.

If you have been playing the game for a while, you are probably aware of how Base Defense seems a little too hard and Commands seems to be a little too powerful so our upcoming efforts will go towards getting the game difficulty back to a more comfortable level, with the goal of creating meaningful base building and defense, and a more utilitarian outlook for Commands in mind. These tweaks will give players an opportunity to employ more strategy and test various combinations in pursuit of victory in the game.

We appreciate your understanding and patience while we continue to improve the overall game experience.

This is great an all, but will we get a detailed explanation as to what these hot fixes are?

I don’t have an issue with the update. I take issue with it not being explained in any detail before it was live. We still don’t have a detailed explanation for yesterday’s update. Communication would go a long way here.
  • MamuNestor
    MamuNestor Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yep I agree about the trophies... every day since the update, I’ve lost a net of 100-130. That is after I gained a lot as well. There is no way to gain ground without spending a ton of money now. I’m out. 
  • Hammysammich
    Hammysammich Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This change wasn't needed.
    1 less missile and EMP that I earned playing the game. Power stats dropped on troops and attacks. I feel like I've wasted money getting diamonds for upgrades now or crates that is now all useless.
    I'm literally bleeding points now like crazy l.
    This game is not fun anymore.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This change is absurd, I bet I’ve lost 300-400 points in two days.  Easiest way to lose followers s to screw with the game.  Why not just make a few other leaders/troopers that have aerial attacks?
  • GeneralsJoes
    GeneralsJoes Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm generally cool with adjusting balancing, and I'm a fan of strategy, but I agree with the consensus, this is way too steep a climb.  While I can still win battles with my Joe team, I'm still running negative trophies every day no matter what different strategies I try.  I'm even punching down 4 or 5 levels and still running into a buzzsaw.

On the COBRA side I'm doing okay, still earning trophies, but I'm bleeding with the Joes and if this continues, I can throw tier 5 right out the window and I would likely not play as often if at all.

Balance and challenge are one thing, but slamming your head against the wall 8 times for 2 victories isn't my idea of fun.
  • LakeStone
    Options
    Hi Everyone - It looks like the hotfix did not go out yesterday but we are working on getting it out today.  @Popeyes will be updating the stats for everyone to check out once they are ready.

Sorry for the delay in this info and thanks for your patience!
  • MamuNestor
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Now the app won’t load. It is stuck on 100% and won’t finish opening the game. I even deleted the app and redownloaded it. 
  • LakeStone
    Options
    Now the app won’t load. It is stuck on 100% and won’t finish opening the game. I even deleted the app and redownloaded it. 
    We are looking into it now.  We should be back up soon.  Thank you for letting us know.
  • MamuNestor
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Now I can log in and I’ve lost 600,000 crystals, on both teams. WTH? I hope that goes back to normal too. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the game is easier now because I can get all three trophies for Team Joe.
  • Popeyes
    Popeyes Posts: 64 Match Maker
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Below are high level changes in the recent hotfix update that was released today:
    • 40% reduction to Turret and Span Maximum Health, distributed across building levels up
    • 33% reduction to Turret Maximum DPS, distributed across building level ups
    • 50% reduction to Spawn Building unit stats

We reduced building stats to help with the recent changes that went in earlier this week. 

• GeneralsJoes
    GeneralsJoes Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Still have to punch down several levels on the Joe side and still losing 75% of my battles. I guess I just don’t get the strategy...

Frustrating changes. I’ll stick with it a bit and see if I can miraculously get smarter but a shame to go from my favorite game to one that just causes frustration.
  • Blockade
    Blockade Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What I don't like is having things I earned in the game retroactively taken away. That's not okay. If you're going to change the threshold for when a 3rd missile strike is added that's fine, but you don't get to take it away from those players that have already earned it. What's the point of playing if there's no surety that the work we put in won't be snatched away from us without warning?

Not to mention that if your business model includes encouraging players to spend money to purchase units or resources, You've basically told them now that anything they purchase can be taken away without warning. If I were a player who spent money to purchase units or resources for upgrades, only to have the things I spent money taken away, I'd be demanding a refund. 
  • MamuNestor
    Options
    Why do the people that attack me, only show up with the reset period everyday. Because the battles happened up to 8 hours ago so I can’t re watch them or see the details of them. I lose 400,00-600,000 crystals all at one time... So now I know not to have any crystal at reset time. 
  • dirty
    dirty Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    /eyeroll 

the game needed tuning...there was exactly zero challenge before the update.