• Improvements and detail added to Battle previews

• Adjustments to Tutorial Tips Menu

• Added improvement to event currency timer

• Added improvements to GDPR within in-game menu prompt

• Added text and gesture improvements throughout player tutorial area

Gameplay
  • Large balance and tuning changes to Buildings, Units and Commands

• Common Command Cards:
    You now get your 2nd charge at unit level 6 (was unit level 5 )
    You now get your 3rd charge at unit level 10 (was unit level 8 )
    No longer a 4th charge for unit level 13

Asset Loading

• Changes to Big Battle unit deployment during player tutorial area

Comments

• dirty
    dirty Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This update brought some pretty big changes to the game. Is it possible to get detailed notes regarding the balance and tuning changes?
  • FDS
    FDS Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sounds great... Thanks guys... 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the update, as @dirty mentions, a list of the impacted units and whether their numbers were increased or reduced would be great.
  • Emperor_Serpentor
    Emperor_Serpentor Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I know my level 5 Destro went from 146 rocket attack to 126. So hes a Level 3.5 now.
    Original stats:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81364/destro#latest
     Yes please let us now what got nerfed and buffed

• MamuNestor
    MamuNestor Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2020
    Options
    So we lost a rocket? Did they improve in radius or damage? I have 3/2 right now. So do I have 3 until I use one, then it will be 2 max? Also smoke bombardment. 
  • Popeyes
    Popeyes Posts: 64 Match Maker
    edited March 2020
    Options

Sharing balance changes in the recent update:

Unit Health

• Floor for Common unit HP changed from 400 HP to 435 HP; Ceiling for Common unit HP changed from 800 HP to 1000 HP

• Floor for Rare unit HP changed from 450 HP to 489 HP; Ceiling for Rare unit HP changed from 825 HP to 1250 HP

• Floor for Epic unit HP changed from 500 HP to 548 HP; Ceiling for Epic unit HP changed from 840 HP to 1500 HP

• Floor for Legendary unit HP changed from 600 HP to 696 HP; Ceiling for Legendary unit HP changed from 850 HP to 2000 HP

Unit DPS

• Floor for Common unit DPS changed from 50 DPS to 61.5 DPS; Ceiling for Common unit DPS changed from 190 DPS to 250 DPS

• Floor for Rare unit DPS changed from 60 DPS to 70.5 DPS; Ceiling for Rare unit DPS changed from 200 DPS to 275 DPS

• Floor for Epic unit DPS changed from 80 DPS to 90.6 DPS; Ceiling for Epic unit DPS changed from 210 DPS to 300 DPS

• Floor for Legendary unit DPS changed from 100 DPS to 117 DPS; Ceiling for Legendary unit DPS changed from 220 DPS to 350 DPS

Building Health

• Floor for Turret HP changed from 200 HP to 400 HP; Ceiling for Turret HP changed from 500 HP to 1500 HP

• Added in systems that calculate Command Building (HQ, Lair, Outposts) HP independently from other buildings; Floor set to 800 HP, Ceiling set to 5000 HP

• Added in systems that calculate Power Generator HP independently from other buildings; Floor set to 300 HP, Ceiling set to 1125 HP

Building DPS

• Floor for Turret DPS changed from 40 DPS to 50 DPS; Ceiling for Turret DPS changed from 200 DPS to 300 DPS

• Added in systems that calculate Command Building (HQ, Lair, Outposts) DPS independently from other buildings; Floor set to 25 DPS, Ceiling set to 150 DPS

Note: The floor represents the maximum for a level 1 rarity and ceiling for its max level for its rarity
  • Emperor_Serpentor
    Emperor_Serpentor Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Doesn't mention leader power changes. I see everything going up but nothing of nerfing abilities earned in ranking up the character.
  • MamuNestor
    Options
    The game is no longer fun. You made it impossible to get 3 star victories anymore. Rockets have been nerfed and you took away one of them and a smoke bomb. We earned 3, we should get 3. Especially when they don’t destroy anything at higher levels anymore. 
  • cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree the change is too much.  A fix was need but not as much as this was.  We need the three missiles that we had.
  • IceXman49
    IceXman49 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes, this is a big change to the units, especially when some of us paid for specific units for purposes of upgrading them and now they are not as effective
  • MamuNestor
    Options
    I’m bleeding victory points now. Good thing it doesn’t matter after 5th tier, but still. People who aren’t there will never make it now. 
  • Achilles01987
    Achilles01987 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You took a rocket away? It’s impossible to win now. I’m officially done with this game... good luck to you all...
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    With the base increase and the overall HP increase, I"m skipping buildings to get it done.  Very interesting change to strategy...  I think there's a path through this, but it's not the way we've done it for sure...
  • Moose72
    Moose72 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The game is no longer fun. You made it impossible to get 3 star victories anymore. Rockets have been nerfed and you took away one of them and a smoke bomb. We earned 3, we should get 3. Especially when they don’t destroy anything at higher levels anymore. 
    I have not had a problem at all getting 3* victories. Perhaps you were relying too much on 1 characters power and not enough on full team tactics? I am not saying that in a sarcastic or snotty way, but it does happen when you have 1 unit that can just overpower everything. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Paratroopers received a big nerf because their attacks are so much slower now. For example, I used to bring down Shrikes Building in 3 secs and now it takes 7 secs to down 95% of their hp. This faction's attack powers are not strong to begin with. 

It's not a bad thing because now I have to switch up strategies. I have trouble getting 3 trophies for this faction after the updates.

Things are still fine in the other faction because I still can get 3 trophies.
  • MamuNestor
    Options
    Paratroopers received a big nerf because their attacks are so much slower now. For example, I used to bring down Shrikes Building in 3 secs and now it takes 7 secs to down 95% of their hp. This faction's attack powers are not strong to begin with. 

It's not a bad thing because now I have to switch up strategies. I have trouble getting 3 trophies for this faction after the updates.

Things are still fine in the other faction because I still can get 3 trophies.
    They aren’t slower, the building has more HP. Their reload time was always slow, but now it is more noticeable that they have to reload so many times to destroy that building. But if you have a tunnel rat rank 1 and paratroopers rank 2, throw a smoke bomb they destroy the building pretty quick. 
  • MamuNestor
    Options
    Moose72 said:
    I have not had a problem at all getting 3* victories. Perhaps you were relying too much on 1 characters power and not enough on full team tactics? I am not saying that in a sarcastic or snotty way, but it does happen when you have 1 unit that can just overpower everything. 
    Yeah I figured what my error was. Just don’t destroy everything any more. Just do the 75% and always go for he base with 30 seconds left to make sure everyone gets there in time to destroy it. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    Moose72 said:
    Yeah I figured what my error was. Just don’t destroy everything any more. Just do the 75% and always go for he base with 30 seconds left to make sure everyone gets there in time to destroy it. 
    The base has more HP now too, so you should give 45 seconds...
  • Sarlacc
    Sarlacc Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’m not liking this update. It swings too far in the opposite direction. 

It also is not letting me watch videos for crystals anymore AND it let 2 people attack me twice in a row each ranking my resources and trophies. 

This needs more balance and bug fixes or I’m out. 
  • Target_Practice
    Target_Practice Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hello Creators,

I appreciate your attempt to make the game more fair. I have seen many complaining that their bases have been destroyed multiple times overnight.  I think the biggest frustration is a player has no control (other than the setup) to how well the computer defends the base. I have gone to bed up 100 trophies and awakened with 60 trophies gone. Maybe a compromise would be take less trophies away in a defeat?

The new update feels like it has gone a little too far. Bases are stronger and it feel like some of our attackers are weaker (Destro and one less command missile). I find it hard to keep troops in the game, especially when taking on the base.  As with life, things change and we always have to adapt. I am trying, and change my strategies. 

Here are some of the things I am struggling with:
    • Time. If I can make it through all the defenses, I run out of time to destroy the base.
    • Bases don't offer any AP.  My tanks, troops and helicopter usually die trying to defeat a base. I run out of AP points and can't send in anything else.
    • It feels like all my troops are weaker in their attacks.
    I know it's hard because people want to win and also enjoy a challenge.  It's a fine line.  I will keep playing and try to figure out new tactics to win. 

But would it be crazy to ask to see if these numbers can be revisited?  Maybe there was an over correction in the base defenses?

Thanks for your time and thanks for your game.

Troy