Garruk Wildspeaker Vanguard Duplicate Purchase 5 times in a Row!!!!!

Options
Endbringer
Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
About 2 weeks ago I attempted to get some Throne of Eldraine Rare Vanguards. Since I started my attempt for them, up to just a moment ago this Monday morning, I have gotten the same green rare Garruk Wildspeaker and that's it. 5 times in a row! 600 mana jewels later. There are 4 different rates to get yet I have received the same on 5 times back to back. Should I just give up on going for cards I want? Is that what this game has come to. Why in the world is it even possible to get duplicate vanguards at the expense of unobtainium mana jewels??? Compensation is surely due or this whale who has spent over $5k on this game will have to be done. It's becoming way too much hassle.

Comments

• Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’m really sorry for your misfortune ! I’ve also been frustrated a lost of times when spending 720 or 480 jewels in a row in rare+ booster, I only got duplicates. The ELD vanguards are a tough set as there is not a lot of them, so the chance of being unlucky is higher. I can only advise you to buy them at least 3 or 4 in a row, to increase the odds of getting at least one non duplicate. But that’s not a sure thing !

• Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, they definitely need to AT LEAST make the Rare vanguards non-dupable after a certain amount of time. They are currently the most difficult cards to collect in the game, despite being "Rare."

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yes there is a lotter batter hills to keep fighting for, like how good vip is for us.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Personally I think that anything bought with jewels should be non dupe. In crease the price a little in return. 

I do think that the rng wheen drawing cards is flawed. 
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    feeling it lately had a horrible sting of packs and not even a mythic in sight 4 super packs and no mythic that rots.
  • mayor
    mayor Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    Spending 320 crystals or 400 gems to get nothing is so frustrating. So I ask the developers how would they like it if it happened to them as players? Is it all about money after all or we're supposed to have some fun here? Don't you understand that fun=money?
  • Endbringer
    Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Exactly to each and every one of you! The fact that they knew from the start what they were doing making it possible to get duplicates when spending mana jewels on vanguards which you can only acquire through spending mana jewels, is insanely greedy and disrespectful to their customers. Then after all this time and I'm sure many complaints from plenty of people, they still haven't changed it. It's almost like they're as bad as some scammer from a foreign country with no regard for their fellow humans. I just got my 6th Garruk rare vanguard 5 minutes ago by the way. My multiple messages in a single thread to support as I kept recieving them were answered with support not saying they will eliminate the chance of getting duplicates as they all know they should've done long ago so their customers can feel treated fairly, but rather a lame explanation for how there's a chance I could get duplicates like I didn't already know that. They don't care about fair, they just want every penny you could possibly give them. I don't know why we still play this game. It's probably because they know they can abuse our love for MTG. Kind of evil if you ask me.
  • Horadrim
    Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support Requesting the following changes:

1) Rare card: non-dupe cost: 400 jewels
    2) Mythic: non-dupe cost: 600 jewels
    3) Masterpiece: non-dupe cost: 800 jewels
    4) Vanguards: non-dupe cost: plus 200 jewels to base cost

Increase total jewel rewards (combined weekday individual events and weekend individual/coalition events). This will significantly increase engagement from all players (both play-to-win and free-to-play). 

I did spend more than 22K jewels total for the War Vanguards and I am still missing original Gideon and Tezzeret. Not buying any vanguard anymore, unless guaranteed non-dupe.
  • Caeman
    Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
    edited March 2020
    Options
    [redacted bk] FIX THE RNG, OR START REFUNDING!!!!!!!!!!! Five [redacted bk] copies of Elspeth, and this is when there are ten new Vanguards! THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING THIS LATE IN THE GAME! And right now, I don’t [redacted bk]  care how much I’m [redacted bk]  swearing. This is not an isolated incident; the same [redacted bk]  happened with Oko in Eldraine, Ajani in M20 and Narset in WAR. And anyone saying “oh, that’s just bad luck” OBVIOUSLY, IT IS [redacted bk]  NOT!!!!!! 

[MOD MIC ON]Forum Rule 6 is a good one! It prohibits profanity— while we have strong opinions and the right to express them, following it keeps our community safe and friendly for all users! [BK]
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I got 4 of the same elspeth and 2 of the same ashiok. Yay RNG....
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I stopped after 3 dupes- not gonna throw any more purples at them now.
  • Caeman
    Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    @Match Maker
    and I’ve been civil up to this point, but since there has been little to no correction in this obvious flaw in the game, chances of compensation for wasted resources are equally akin to castles in the sky, customer support is as likely as the arrival of Godot and the only rapid response seems to come from the censorship, I think it’s fair to say a few of us feel that maybe it’s been earned.
    I’ll be more than happy to apologize for my little transgression when the great big one done to us is rectified. Forgive me if I don’t hold my breath.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Caeman said:
    @Match Maker
    and I’ve been civil up to this point, but since there has been little to no correction in this obvious flaw in the game, chances of compensation for wasted resources are equally akin to castles in the sky, customer support is as likely as the arrival of Godot and the only rapid response seems to come from the censorship, I think it’s fair to say a few of us feel that maybe it’s been earned.
    I’ll be more than happy to apologize for my little transgression when the great big one done to us is rectified. Forgive me if I don’t hold my breath.
    [MOD MIC ON] As stated in my forum signature, as a volunteer forum moderator, I am not an employee of D3Go! / Oktagon and cannot address issues in-game. I use my own time to ensure this community remains a safe and functional space for all users, by ensuring adherence to forum rules and keeping the boards tidy so you can get the information you’re looking for. Please refrain from discussions of moderation action publicly or warnings will be given. For those needing a refresher on forum rules, they can be found here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80735/forum-rules-please-read-before-posting [BK]
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Horadrim said:
    @Oktagon_Support Requesting the following changes:

1) Rare card: non-dupe cost: 400 jewels
    2) Mythic: non-dupe cost: 600 jewels
    3) Masterpiece: non-dupe cost: 800 jewels
    4) Vanguards: non-dupe cost: plus 200 jewels to base cost

Increase total jewel rewards (combined weekday individual events and weekend individual/coalition events). This will significantly increase engagement from all players (both play-to-win and free-to-play). 

I did spend more than 22K jewels total for the War Vanguards and I am still missing original Gideon and Tezzeret. Not buying any vanguard anymore, unless guaranteed non-dupe.
    Thank you for the suggestion!
    I will definitely add this to our meeting discussions with the whole team.

I can not guarantee but I'm at least going to try finding a balance in between 
  • QuiksilverHg
    QuiksilverHg Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support

thanks for replying. Strongly disagree with cost increases to current prices. Jewels are extremely hard to get for the vast majority of players. A non-duplicate on jewel purchases (or at least on the exclusives like vanguards) is only common sense. What needs to be done is make everything non-dupe, but change it so rare packs ONLY contain rares so the non dupe doesn’t translate into getting a bunch of mythics from the rare packs.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @QuiksilverHg- but isn’t that what @Horadrim is proposing?

As I read both your post, Horadrim proposed non-dupe packs, with an increase in both price and rewards in pinks.

You QuiksilverHg wants packs to be non-dupe, without any changes to price and rewards.

So I is left with the feeling that the two proposals are equal, but perhaps I’m missing something?
  • mayor
    mayor Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    As a free-to-play player I will never pay the outrageous prices @Horadrim suggests. Maybe double price for a rare non-dupe vanguard, 400 is a big nono. His ability to burn 22k jewels on vanguard alone screams P2W. Another paywall deepening the chasm VIP created is the last thing we need now. Unless you want to discourage more players of playing your game.
  • QuiksilverHg
    QuiksilverHg Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @QuiksilverHg- but isn’t that what @Horadrim is proposing?

As I read both your post, Horadrim proposed non-dupe packs, with an increase in both price and rewards in pinks.

You QuiksilverHg wants packs to be non-dupe, without any changes to price and rewards.

So I is left with the feeling that the two proposals are equal, but perhaps I’m missing something?
    Currently you can get mythic cards from a rare pack, so if they are non-dupe once you have all the rares you can get Mythics guaranteed non dupe for the rare price