Support Circuit feedback thread

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
@Demiurge_[bagman]
expressed an interest in getting constructive feedback on Support Circuit in a seperate thread than the one running for Shield Training. 

My 2 cents:

Pros:
I liked having another non-pvp place to get resources.
I really liked the linear format of the nodes
I LOVED the boss node structure. I think it would be awesome if all PVE events had that

Cons:
It was essentially a second PVE, timer, placement, multi-clear grind, and everything. It was non-trivial to do alongside regular pvp. I would much prefer a single-clear playthrough, ideally just let it run all week alongside DDQ or something.

The stated intent was to grant access to supports, but the actual payout on support tokens was still not a practical way to get them. 

Supports Generally:
Probably deserves it's own thread, but in principle I like them and miss them.

I did not like feeling like new characters were being deliberately hamstrung so that you'd need the support to make them useful. There were several egregious examples of this, Emma Frost, Wa5p, Wiccan even. 

I don't love the Breaking Bad levels of purity assigned to the RNG of acquiring them - it would be awesome if there were some way to enforce landing a new one (like the consumable items that ensure you get a new character in Disney Emoji Blitz) vs increasing the likelihood you'll get a better version of an owned one, something like that.

Comments

• RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    thanks for starting this thread!

Here is my idea: take the final node of support circuit, which I recall bing like a 3 part boss rush type thing.  Embed it in deadpools daily on the same cycle as crash.  The reward is a one star version of the featured support for beating boss 1.  2 star for boss 2, with boss 1 reward then converted to riso, and same for boss 3
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bring it back, maybe consider a better time to run it?
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bring it back, run it on a five-day cycle.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Honestly don't even remember the structure of SC, so I have zero feedback.

Only feedback is that devs should have placed higher than standard support tokens in SCLs based on tier.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Oh @The rockett...your input is needed.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I quit right before supports came out. I returned sometime after the support circuit was discontinued.

I like supports. I have a few supports. And I would like to get more supports.
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Bring back a pve where supports can be won in gameplay and as rewards. It was such a shame that the original support circuit was cancelled. 

Supports are a great idea but so far access to them has been badly restricted for no real good reason. 

Please think about using supports as a way to reinvigorate interest in the game, and the first way to do that is to have some way that they can be obtained. 
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Honestly, make it like DDQ and it works out. I like supports but if only the first 3 of a bracket get a support token, everyone else only vault tokens, which only have a small chance of a support, it’s worthless.

also make all supports available, infinity stones too
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Did not like the time limit/placement element for this. It was too much additional grind on a time clock after completing my PVE grinds. If it was progression only, I'd welcome more avenues to gain Supports, and the rewards were pretty good. I'm currently post Red ISO in upwards of 200,000 RISO, with all my supports max leveled, so I welcome any way to get additional or higher level supports again if this were to retrn.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    So, I  do remember only getting basic supports unless RNGzus hears your prayers?
    That said I also remember playing aggressively for even those. Perhaps it was a little too much for too little reward.

I feel like Gwenpool should be the starting ground for anything. It was one of the few events I knew I could complete that wasn't a pushover. Plus, it was a direct counter to 4 star dilution (if ran more than once a month). Plus! Very little time invested (which has become the top meta)

I will say that re-releasing Support Circuit or some variation thereof after pulling S.H.I.E.L.D Training is kinda band aids for bullet holes.

Why worry with supports when you've just pushed the entire PVE only crowd into PVP?
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    i liked the access to support tokens, but the another-pve setting was a pain. imo the best way to implement support access has to be untimed, and preferably noncompetitive.
    i'd add two ddq nodes - one daily to grant a beginner support, and one on the crash cycle to grant a master one with a scl10 challenge node difficulty, with no team-ups allowed.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i think the biggest issue with supports was their availability or lack thereof. the good supports are definitely helpful, but 1, they were impossible to get and 2, hard to level up.

as for support circuit, it was basically extra pve, and we already have enough of that. single play nodes would be much better. and make the pull tokens more readily available as progression & placement rewards in pve/pvp.  
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I'd love to have Support Circuit back, but with more time to play it.  I can barely find the time for six clears of PVE a day.

But I certainly enjoyed the new challenges and the resource rewards.  I really like supports (especially Vibranium Ore!)  and would appreciate more opportunities to get them and level them up.  I have only one Rank 5 support.  Unfortunately it is Ancestral Plane, which can only be attached to the three Black Panthers.  About half of my supports are Rank 1.  Even at level 50, a Rank 1 Mirror Image is just about useless; equipping any other support to any character makes more sense.

I swear I've pulled Rank 1 Element Guns at least seven times.  I'd love to get the Rank 2 perk one day.

So please bring back Support Circuit, give us a full seven days to complete it, and please add some Advanced and Master Tokens to the progression rewards so we can enjoy the supports more.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to say that with SCL10 I don't miss Support Circuit at all (although the CP was nice).  But I agree with @Heartbreaksoup that it should be open longer if it were to be a thing again.

Also the dual RNG aspect wasn't great, but then Support distribution remains, apparently, a tough nut to crack.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    What am I suppose to do with all this red iso if I can’t get supports?
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Especially with the SCL10 time sink, definitely agree with more time to complete.  Waddles has it right, make it like the gauntlet (only as an additional event, not replacing the regular story event)...give us a new one each week and all week to complete, no placement rewards, supports for all that can complete it and not just rng on top of rng like support circuit was.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Two other ways to increase the flow of supports:

add support tokens to daily rewards 

Make support tokens available as node rewards. For example, the standard token on the 2E node could be replaced by a basic support token.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think if there are no plans to bring supports to versus mode just RIP off the bandaid and make them more readily available. Players can the experiment and optimize their favorite characters with slightly different strengths to make them stronger or more versatile in certain teams.

As they are right now supports are far too rare. Support circuit helped a smidge to get more "support" for supports then got shelved leaving us with even less ways to get the most elusive items in the game.

Why not bring shards to supports so you can gradually rank them up to a 5* rating. Sprinkle those shards into placement and progression WITHOUT removing other rewards.