Options
2»

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 weeks after CP store closes 3/23
    JHawkInc said:
    Sinister's store didn't end until Tuesday. Thus he entered LTs two weeks later, on a Tuesday.

I've never bothered tracking who enters on a Monday vs a Tuesday, but the shift between the two days has been pretty normal as far as I remember, all depending on when the store closes. I think Monday is more common, but Tuesday hasn't been out of the question, either. It's at least common enough I wouldn't consider it a deviation from normal.

I think the confusion with Sinister has more to do with the general uncertainty due to the lack of overall communication more than anything else, because the pattern has held true so far.

The real question, then, is that if Havok's store closes Monday night at Midnight (eastern US), does that count as closing on Monday for him to roll into LTs on a Monday (two weeks later) or does it count as lasting through Monday to close on Tuesday, so he'll roll into LTs on a Tuesday? (since he'll roll into tokens in the early AM, either way it'll be a few hours before or after the "exact" two week marker, but I haven't tracked past releases close enough to guess which way it's more likely to lean)

I don't remember - did it end Tuesday at noon EST or Monday at Midnight EST?  If it's the former, I'd definitely agree that it ended Tuesday rather than Monday, which would make it entirely consistent.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's in.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i was trying to sneak in one last pull this morning to finish up Carbage, but I missed out. I landed 2x BRBs and a Sinister (fine with all that), but I had a sub-optimal run chasing Carbage for sure. He's got 190~ish shards on him, I'll probably finish him up before I go all in on Hawkeye next. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other please explain
    i was trying to sneak in one last pull this morning to finish up Carbage, but I missed out. I landed 2x BRBs and a Sinister (fine with all that), but I had a sub-optimal run chasing Carbage for sure. He's got 190~ish shards on him, I'll probably finish him up before I go all in on Hawkeye next. 
    I dunno where your HE is but Carnage is almost worthless, especially now that he's not going to be essential for a year.  I'd leave him be rather than targeting him for 100 pulls.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I disagree, i've been using Carnage to good effect with a lot of teams. That free second turn is gold with Profe$$or X, or for clearing out specials vs gritty teams with Sabretooth, or for just creating a ridiculous mess of the board with BRB/Rescue. His red double dips on the lead enemy with Wakanda Forever, so you can be doing ~80k damage there + ~30k to the sides depending on the shape of your Team Up bank. I think he is wildly under-valued personally. I think people got hung up on the relative strength (weakness) of his specials, but those are just a means to an end. 

My HE is 2/5/3, and my Kate Bishop is in the 280s, so it's a bit of a long road to finish him up. He's usable now, and should just get better as I land those last few covers.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I disagree, i've been using Carnage to good effect with a lot of teams. That free second turn is gold with Profe$$or X, or for clearing out specials vs gritty teams with Sabretooth, or for just creating a ridiculous mess of the board with BRB/Rescue. His red double dips on the lead enemy with Wakanda Forever, so you can be doing ~80k damage there + ~30k to the sides depending on the shape of your Team Up bank. I think he is wildly under-valued personally. I think people got hung up on the relative strength (weakness) of his specials, but those are just a means to an end. 

My HE is 2/5/3, and my Kate Bishop is in the 280s, so it's a bit of a long road to finish him up. He's usable now, and should just get better as I land those last few covers.
    I have to agree with you. Furthermore, his health is preposterous (though this is likely to be eroded with power creep).

I almost always skip him when he pops up. Very, very unpleasant to play against.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just adding in the final date Havok went into packs was 3/23 2 weeks after CP store closed.  Congrats to all those who voted correctly.  

As a side note I did Champ Havok and I really like him.  He hits really hard.  He might not end up to be meta with but he is really good and fun to play with.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime said:
    Just adding in the final date Havok went into packs was 3/23 2 weeks after CP store closed.  Congrats to all those who voted correctly.  

and I really like him.  He hits really hard.  He might not end up to be meta with but he is really good and fun to play with.
    Honestly, how? Did you save up tons of LL tokens and/or CP?

And crucially, moving forward, how are we going to be able to cover 5*s with rewards as they are and spitting them out like 4*s...?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    wymtime said:

and I really like him.  He hits really hard.  He might not end up to be meta with but he is really good and fun to play with.
    Honestly, how? Did you save up tons of LL tokens and/or CP?

And crucially, moving forward, how are we going to be able to cover 5*s with rewards as they are and spitting them out like 4*s...?
    I had been hoarding CP and LT.  What I did was for BRB and Sinister pulled LL till I got one cover of the newest 5*.  When Havok went into packs I needed 5 BRB covers.  I had over 450 pulls available when Havok went into packs.  

As a player I do play top 20 CL10 PVE and get over 1200 points in every PVP.  My alliance is also a top 10 PVE alliance.  This is the only way I can keep up with Latest 5* since I am FTP.  I could grind CL9 essentially and stay top 10 PVE alliance.

i am also on day 2286 and from day one I learned how to try and balance playing PVE and PVP for optimal rewards.  If I drop to CL9 PVE it is not nearly a grind for me at all compared to CL10.