Resource acquisition rates post cl10

2»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me the problem is if you want to do scl9 instead of scl10. Scl10 is a drag and I don't enjoy it AT ALL (I continue to think this is not for people with 450 level rosters), but if I go down to scl9 then the difference is WAAAAAAAY BIGGER in the amount of resources that you get. They nerfed scl9 hard in the resources I care the most.

In the end, I need to play PvP to compensate for the CPs lost AND I need to play more PvE, enjoying it less. Even to just get to the 12 CPs progression reward the amount of time I have to play is more (the crazy node was not supposed to be needed to reach the max progression rewards!!!!)

And if we add the new 4545 release rate, well, I think my days of MPQ might be over soon as I am not going to be able to keep up :(
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I feel covers are up  which for me means i have an even higher  demand for ISO  so ISO feels way too low 

This might be a 'stage of game' effect as the main issue is I have jumped from around 10  13 cover 4 stars not champed to 27
    This may be true for me too.

I am not yet post-iso, but with ~ 70x 4* champs and 10x decent 5* champs, I don't really need to level up anyone else.  So i could easily park new 4*s at 209 as they got to 10 covers and stockpile iso until I cover some tempting new character that I will use. 

Doing that for all of 2019, I had stockpiled up ~7 mil iso while still immediately champing all the key 4*s and 5*s that I covered. 

But since shards and cl10 came out, I have fully covered 3x more 5*, with BRB at 4/4/4 and another 2x classics at 12/13 and waiting for feeder covers that should come soon.  I have also covered four or five vintage 4*s and have all the post-wolfsbane releases up to 10+ covers. So I am now down below 5 mil, and think I could blow through my existing stash very quickly if I wanted to. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    For me the problem is if you want to do scl9 instead of scl10. Scl10 is a drag and I don't enjoy it AT ALL (I continue to think this is not for people with 450 level rosters), but if I go down to scl9 then the difference is WAAAAAAAY BIGGER in the amount of resources that you get. They nerfed scl9 hard in the resources I care the most.

In the end, I need to play PvP to compensate for the CPs lost AND I need to play more PvE, enjoying it less. Even to just get to the 12 CPs progression reward the amount of time I have to play is more (the crazy node was not supposed to be needed to reach the max progression rewards!!!!)

And if we add the new 4545 release rate, well, I think my days of MPQ might be over soon as I am not going to be able to keep up :(
    This is definitely true.  I think they did this intentionally to bolster the player pop in CP 10.  It sure does suck though as there is basically no point in playing anything below cl10 for anyone looking to build a 5* roster.  The rewards gap is very significant.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:

I would kinda welcome a 4545 release, push me off the hamster wheel. 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Polares said:
    I liken this to the pve reward boost that we got in 2018(?).  More rewards, but only if you were willing to put in the time for more play (5th clear).   For everyone else, it was less rewards for the same amount of play.  This is now how SCL9 pve feels. 

And personally it's SCL10 pvp too.  Pre-SCL10, I was averaging 25 wins to get to 1200.  Probably due to a lot of levers being pulled, the wins it takes to get to even 1000, are much more.  The 1000 pvp score is only good for top 100-250 in slice 1 now, so that's less rewards too. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bankrupted myself down to 0hp this morning, i'm going to track how long it takes to get back up to 1k just to see.
    just checking in on this - one day later i'm up to 445. I flipped a 2*, but otherwise it's just incidental champ rewards and progression stuff so far.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall I have simply stopped buying most shards for characters I want when their options come available.  I seem to be still positive in HP and I have played a bit more PvP than before.  I seem to earn enough HP to at least keep up with new slot requirements.  I have also abstained from HP HfH offers too since the new SCL 10 rollout.  Of course I knew HP was going to be more scarce so no longer can I spend it on areas I used to. 

CP gain is lower but offset by playing a little more PvP.