Paging IceIX (and/or other devs): Collected questions from the community about CL10!
I’m paging IceIX specifically because he seems to be the one offering to answer questions. But communication from any developer would be very much appreciated!
From the CL10 announcement thread...
Added the SCL 10 Versus Season Rewards in the original post due to requests. Got a lot to read through and answer in the thread. And still have the Sneak Peek to update. Lots still to do!
I believe that’s the last bit of communication we’ve gotten since CL10’s launch. Knowing how crowded that thread has gotten (rightfully so), and the fact that many other threads have popped up on CL10 (expected), I wanted to use this as a space to just pose questions and concerns, so @IceIX (and others) does not have to sift through pages and pages in multiple threads. Basically make this as clean and easy for the development team as possible. The following are questions I’ve seen posed (and ones I myself have) that hopefully we can get some clarification on, as I’m sure there are some kinks to workout. If anyone has questions they would like to ask, I can add them to the OP. I will keep sections for both answered and unanswered questions so the developers don’t have to repeat themselves.
I would love for this to be a place where people once again go to get information, interact with developers, and have a bit of a vision for where the game is going. So I’m hoping this helps!
1) The Challenge Node was stated to not have an effect on people’s scores, but is absolutely affecting scoring/placement. Is this intended?
2) The total number of points in CL10 is the same as CL9, meaning that you get more overall joining a lower clearance level due to quicker clear times. Is this intended?
3) CL10 was reported to have more CP in nodes than CL9. Were you referring to the 1 CP in the challenge node, or did you intend to bump it in other nodes the same way CL7-9 see increases, and it didn’t make it into the code?
4) Hero Points and Command Points have been removed not only from champion rewards, but also from progression/placement rewards in both PVE/PVP. While those elite level rosters able to compete in 10 might see an increase, everyone else is getting less for the same amount of time/effort put in. What was the rationale behind this change?
5) The last four releases have been 4/5/4/5. I know there have been these types of deviations in the past, but can we expect this to be more or less the norm (with slight deviations) going forward? This information will be crucial for many as playing for shards in 10 may be the only way to keep up with Latests if we see an accelerated 5* release pattern.
6) Are you able to reveal any information on how unfed 5* characters will be handled going forward? Currently we have 3 (Sinister, Bill, Carnage). Knowing this can also be helpful in determining which SCL a person chooses.
7) For me, having certain supports have made all the difference in CL10. Are there any plans to bring back Support Circuit or to make supports more available in general?
8) In your estimation, who is CL10 “for”? While I know each player has to figure out what works for them, what kind of rosters did you envision competing or even reaching progression when putting CL10 together?
9) Why was the 3 CP reward in CL10's 5* Essential node replaced with three individual 1 CP rewards? The concern is that it eliminates iso rewards and creates a further CP drought for those who struggle with the 3rd and 4th clears of this node.
10) Have any of the developers tried CL10 themselves. If so, any thoughts and impressions?
11) In the Sneak Peek thread, I’ve noticed that we are having 3 5* Classic characters in a row as essential which is a huge deviation from the well-established 3 Latests/ 2 Classics pattern. What is the rationale behind this and what can we expect going forward? Is this an attempt to help transitioners get more opportunities for shards for Classics?
12) Has there been any thought, with the significant increase in difficulty in CL10, to increase the base number of health packs from 10 to 20?
13) Has there been any thought to adding health packs to node/ progression/ bonus rewards to help with the increased health pack usage for CL10?