Game restarts when switching apps.

FirinmahlazerFirinmahlazer Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
edited 13 February 2020, 21:16 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
On Android. Swapping to any other app or to the home screen the app closes completely and restarts after swapping back to the MTGPQ app.

Update* Seems to be stabilizing. Will follow up. Maybe this will resolve itself. 

Update 2: Yeah I guess it sorted itself out. Disregard. 

Comments

• soultwistsoultwist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    I was able to open an email, go to discord, type this, and resume a running match
  • Larz70Larz70 Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Do you have battery saver on or some app that performs memory management / power management @Firinmahlazer ?  If you can turn on developer options for Google, you can go to Memory and get a list of apps that use a lot of memory, that's probably the cause of Android killing apps more frequently.

• FirinmahlazerFirinmahlazer Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Larz70 said:
    Do you have battery saver on or some app that performs memory management / power management @Firinmahlazer ?  If you can turn on developer options for Google, you can go to Memory and get a list of apps that use a lot of memory, that's probably the cause of Android killing apps more frequently.

I'll look but it was not an issue before the update. 
  • Mburn7Mburn7 Posts: 3,193 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has been an issue on and off forever.  It happens to me too, although pretty inconsistently.  Once I accidentally hit the home button and immediately re-opened the app, only to find it restarted.  Another time I took a 30 min phone call and reopened the app without issue.  These happened a couple hours apart in the same day.

The best solution is to not risk it and never leave the app while playing a match, although (like the "never check objectives" and "never replace creatures" solutions) its a really tinykitty solution