Game restarts when switching apps.

Firinmahlazer
Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
On Android. Swapping to any other app or to the home screen the app closes completely and restarts after swapping back to the MTGPQ app.

Update* Seems to be stabilizing. Will follow up. Maybe this will resolve itself. 

Update 2: Yeah I guess it sorted itself out. Disregard. 

Comments

• soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    I was able to open an email, go to discord, type this, and resume a running match
  • Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Do you have battery saver on or some app that performs memory management / power management @Firinmahlazer ?  If you can turn on developer options for Google, you can go to Memory and get a list of apps that use a lot of memory, that's probably the cause of Android killing apps more frequently.

• Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Larz70 said:
    Do you have battery saver on or some app that performs memory management / power management @Firinmahlazer ?  If you can turn on developer options for Google, you can go to Memory and get a list of apps that use a lot of memory, that's probably the cause of Android killing apps more frequently.

I'll look but it was not an issue before the update. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has been an issue on and off forever.  It happens to me too, although pretty inconsistently.  Once I accidentally hit the home button and immediately re-opened the app, only to find it restarted.  Another time I took a 30 min phone call and reopened the app without issue.  These happened a couple hours apart in the same day.

The best solution is to not risk it and never leave the app while playing a match, although (like the "never check objectives" and "never replace creatures" solutions) its a really **** solution
  • Amaunator
    Amaunator Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I've had zero issues with MTGPQ restarting itself on my Oneplus 7. All battery saving options were disabled of course.
    After switching to an ASUS Zenfone 7Pro and a Google Pixel 5 I noticed that MTGPQ will always start from scratch after a few minutes/hours (seems to depend on which and how many other apps are running). Even locking the task on the ASUS Zenfone didn't change this behaviour.
    Why can't you guys make the app so that it runs in the background without restarting all over again every time tasks are switched?
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    running MTGPQ on a huawei leads to a restart of the app extremly often while on a samsung this issue happens very seldom
  • Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    It's not the app's fault.  This varies device by device and depends on how aggresive the OS memory management is.  Or perhaps, it could be another 3rd party software installed to manage memory (sometimes part of bloatware if you don't remember installing, e.g. those battery saver apps).  It's outside of the app's control.