PvE CL10 - Public Health Announcement

2»

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll wait until the end to decide, but I feel like this is going to be more or less like where I was before I transitioned to 5* play. I would mostly play 7 or 8, but if I had the 5E reasonably well covered and/or a good boost list, I'd go to 9. Now I suspect I'm mostly going to play 9, but move up to 10 when I have the 5E champed.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    I do not have many champed 5s but a few good ones- my Profx is has 12 covers - I went cl10 because I want the shards since they will get me the last profx cover I need

It's a challenge, I like it,  it's fun (puts the puzzle back in puzzle quest) . Of course I do not play for placement at all so I don't care how long I take to clear.

I completed 4 passes on the challenge node and 5 on all others- ProfX even if not champed is a killer here- I played him with Iceman and either Kitty or Storm5 (all champed)  for both the essential nodes and the challenge one. I was thinking about using boosts but I did not need them- Wiped a few times when my Iceman started the match with earlier damage

I will play cl10 when I like the shards and if I have decent boosted characters- I think it's great that it  exists and the new reward chart favors the way I play even If we do lose some HP and CP. I hope they keep it that way even if some people complain,
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I ran Grittynaught and just barely survived the 4th clear of the challenge node. I expected it to be hard when I saw what the levels went up to.

Some events I will probably stay in SCL 9 we’ll see (Royal Family I’m looking at you)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    CL10 is beatable by my roster, but it is simply not fun and takes too long.  I don't think I'd mind it as much if it was actually as advertised with the Challenge node a one-off that contributed no points.

Instead we have to grind that mother down and lost the 2* essential.  

I'll probably dip back to CL8 or CL9 from here on out.  I just don't have two hours out of my day to spend on grinding nodes (instead of working at my job) for trivial reward increases.
  • pheregas
    edited February 2020
    OJSP said:
    pheregas said:
    I'll probably dip back to CL8 or CL9 from here on out.  I just don't have two hours out of my day to spend on grinding nodes (instead of working at my job) for trivial reward increases.
    I appreciate the time constraints, but is the reward increase trivial, though? Even just playing for progression in CL10 and ranking in the t100 gets us better rewards than in CL9, isn't it? You could probably play in CL10 while spending as much time as playing in CL9 and win better rewards? Unless, you're playing to meet alliance requirements too.
    Honestly, yes.  I don't need iso.  CP/HP was slashed across the board.  I may care about Riso at some point if I could actually attain a non-1* support, but as it is I have over 5 million Riso.  And while I appreciate that the sub/placement rewards are increased, if I'm playing non-optimally, I really need to do the math if getting t10 in CL8 is better or worse than 100+ in CL10.
  • pheregas
    OJSP said:
    pheregas said:
    Honestly, yes.  I don't need iso.  CP/HP was slashed across the board.  I may care about Riso at some point if I could actually attain a non-1* support, but as it is I have over 5 million Riso.  And while I appreciate that the sub/placement rewards are increased, if I'm playing non-optimally, I really need to do the math if getting t10 in CL8 is better or worse than 100+ in CL10.
    What about the shards we're getting from progression?
    You make a good point regarding the shards.  I suppose it may make sense to move up to CL10 for selective events.  

Three factors go into that though.

1) Do I have the 5E champed?  If not, progression is the only option as I won't be able to keep up with the clear times of those that do.

2) The level/payout of the 4E.  If it is undercovered (ie. newish release) it might be worth it.  For middling level 300 4s, it's just a drop in the rewards bucket.  Then again, if it's a newish release, everybody and their brother will be in on it.  

3) Do I need 5* shards for the 5E?  This one is a Catch-22.  If BSSM is 5E, then I'm going to get some quality shards to progress my 5/2/2 BSSM.  But if I need shards for the 5E, then item #1 says that I'm not going to place and that I'm probably only playing for progression.  If the 4E is Iron Spider, then maybe playing for reason #2 is worth it.

Maybe I'm being overly defeatist about CL10.  Maybe I'm horribly jaded.  I've been playing for 2,168 days.  (Got a Daredevil cover coming up in 2 days).  Maybe after literal years of grinding nodes, the prospect of grinding more, not less, just doesn't sound fun.  

My boss frequently uses the phrase, "Is the juice worth the squeeze?"  For CL10, for me, maybe not.  For others, maybe yes, maybe no.

I've also read often enough on these forums to stop playing if it's not fun.  I fear if I stay in CL10, my retirement will be imminent.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2020
    While I appreciate the improved progression rewards (especially making new 4s easier to complete), not improving node rewards really makes dropping back down to scl9 for the harder events a no-brainer. 

I need to compile a list of those scl9 only events now. Dpvmpq is definitely one.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:
    OJSP said:
    pheregas said:
    I appreciate the time constraints, but is the reward increase trivial, though? Even just playing for progression in CL10 and ranking in the t100 gets us better rewards than in CL9, isn't it? You could probably play in CL10 while spending as much time as playing in CL9 and win better rewards? Unless, you're playing to meet alliance requirements too.
    Pick CL10.

Sincerely, 
    Potential New CL8 Competitor  ;)
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    If I don't need or want the 5* in progression - I'm not seeing a major benefit to playing CL10. Just not worth the 1+ hr of time.

Can't wait for those 350k health mindless ones with 15k attack, strike and shield tiles vs a 450 boosted Wasp.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    bowla33 said:
    If I don't need or want the 5* in progression - I'm not seeing a major benefit to playing CL10. Just not worth the 1+ hr of time.

Can't wait for those 350k health mindless ones with 15k attack, strike and shield tiles vs a 450 boosted Wasp.
    You have a champed wasp! You may as well stop now, you’ve already won MPQ. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been managing OK and I don't have that great of a roster ( 5 star wise) 

What I do have is the ability to stun lock. Just takes forever 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well as someone without any 5* champs, but with a 4/5/3 Professor at 360, I thought I'd give it a try, this first time, see how it goes.

Well. Um. Yeah. I won't be trying this again. And we all thought Muscle strike tiles were overpowered before? Ay, caramba. 

I think I have about 6000 points. Mostly from the trivials, which thankfully are still Rocket-Gamora-Juggs one shots (or two shots). Survived some of the tougher nodes once or twice. Not even touching that challenge node. My Kitty has just 4 purple covers so she can't nuke countdowns. 

Oh well. It was worth a shot. Maybe if the stars align I'll at least hit the 12 CP in progression.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm running either Gritty or Grittynaut every fight and not running into much trouble.

And my Kitty isn't even champed. She's 435 4/5/3. It's really not so bad, but it might also just be the event.

Hearts of Darkness will be my doom
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well as someone without any 5* champs, but with a 4/5/3 Professor at 360, I thought I'd give it a try, this first time, see how it goes.

Well. Um. Yeah. I won't be trying this again. And we all thought Muscle strike tiles were overpowered before? Ay, caramba. 

I think I have about 6000 points. Mostly from the trivials, which thankfully are still Rocket-Gamora-Juggs one shots (or two shots). Survived some of the tougher nodes once or twice. Not even touching that challenge node. My Kitty has just 4 purple covers so she can't nuke countdowns. 

Oh well. It was worth a shot. Maybe if the stars align I'll at least hit the 12 CP in progression.
    There several characters that can steal those beefy muscle strikes (as low as the 2* tier).  It's match-over once that happens. . .
  • BagPuss
    BagPuss Posts: 73 Match Maker
    edited February 2020
    Just when you thought it was safe to get into the water. 

Sub 2, H4 has 50k more health to take down. *Edit* Mystique and we all know 3Mags can be spammy.

3 and 4* powers still scaling better than 5*? 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    BagPuss said:
    Just when you thought it was safe to get into the water. 

Sub 2, H4 has 50k more health to take down. Subject is feeding black to Mystique and we all know 3Mags can be spammy.

3 and 4* powers still scaling better than 5*? 
    You know, i expected that node to hurt me as well... But it didnt really slow me down.

12 cover profX.  Champed Gritty.

The Gritty Professor walked through pretty easily.  Always killed Mags first, then Mystique.  Mystique got a couple powers off in total throughout the 4 clears i did.

We'll revisit this conversation when the essential is Wasp.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    BagPuss said:
    Sub 2, H4 has 50k more health to take down. Subject is feeding black to Mystique
    Isn't Subject's black a passive?  If it is, and if it's feeding black to Mystique, you should report it as a bug.
    Passive powers should not feed AP to other characters, I think they've removed all cases of this happening.

If I recall correctly, next sub has some nodes with goons feeding Mystique purple, which is annoying.
  • BagPuss
    BagPuss Posts: 73 Match Maker
    edited February 2020
    You're right they removed passive feeders, will edit that.

Edit 2. 
    The open of a sub isn't the problem. 
    The close of the 5e and h4 is the problem. 
    670k health x3 is all sorts of wrong. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I took down 4 of that node just using 4* Cap Worthy, 4* Rocket, and 4* Carol.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    BagPuss said:
    Sub 2, H4 has 50k more health to take down. Subject is feeding black to Mystique
    Isn't Subject's black a passive?  If it is, and if it's feeding black to Mystique, you should report it as a bug.
    Passive powers should not feed AP to other characters, I think they've removed all cases of this happening.

If I recall correctly, next sub has some nodes with goons feeding Mystique purple, which is annoying.
    Yes, Subject's black is 0 AP and only triggers when he's below 50% health.  Mystique won't get any black from him, thank goodness.