How will the new PvE rewards affect your choice of what SCL to play?

2»

Comments

• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2020
    SCL 10 or bust!
    I'm going scl10 when it is either easy or beneficial to me. Current event is gonna let me champ glow girl and get a LT from her. 

Next pve will probably push me to 9 covers for NS to get that new release extra cover. And BRB shard rewards. DefiniteDe scl10 then.

But definitely dropping back down to scl9 for events like SIM, Dpvmpq, and the royal family node pve. Or pves where my champed 5 can live without shards (KP, banner, Wasp).

Overall, the new scl is gonna make me choose my battles more than before where I could easily do scl9 no matter what.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    I’m going up, but not all the way to SCL 10
    Moved from 7 to 8, but not necessarily going to stay there.
    Needed the access to an extra Northstar cover for this weekend's ST.
    May or may not move back down to 7 after that for QOL reasons. Still undecided...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m staying put
    Moved up to 10 since I figured I was in the group targeted for this release.  Way too time consuming.  I'll return to CL10 probably only when the shards are those I need.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I went up to SCL8 from 7. I believe the rewards justify it more now than before SCL10 was introduced. But I might drop down to 7 again if the rewards don't do it for me in another event.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I haven't been paying too much attention, but is there a 5* shard reward in SCL7? Bc, that's a rather neat reward in SCL8. 50 shards will cost you well over 1000HP in the shop, or take 17 Latest/Classic.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other (please explain)
    SCL10 sometimes, probably.  I need to be able to compare rewards better.   Being in a top ally makes for a lot of competing factors.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other (please explain)
    for me it is not CL10 or bust it is how much time I will have and who is the 5* essential character.  Taking close to an hour to close and 40 min to open is a big time commitment especially during the week.  Also if the event is going to have a stupid hard node like the node of BB, Medusa, Lockjaw and it is a week 5* essential this node was hard enough on CL9 scaling let alone 10.

if it was just rewards I would be CL10 all the way but the reality with the amount of time commitment required it might not be feasible 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm trying 10, but not sure it's worth the time-sink, so I might drop down next event depending on what new character placement awards look like (compared to the old way).
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will stay in CL7 pve for now although I may go up to 8 "soon." For pvp I jumped up to CL10, that was a no brainer.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 10 or bust!
    I almost always played cl9 x6 (straight) before. Occasionally would play properly.

CL10 makes me think I'll ditch the "occasionally" and retire to progression-only-always. Although I'm sure every single time I'll question if the time commitment is worth it.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 10 or bust!
    SCL10. I've never really been a placement player, more focused on progression. And the SCL10 progression rewards are too great to ignore
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    I’m staying put
    Dogface said:
    I haven't been paying too much attention, but is there a 5* shard reward in SCL7? Bc, that's a rather neat reward in SCL8. 50 shards will cost you well over 1000HP in the shop, or take 17 Latest/Classic.
    There is no 5* shard in SCL 7 in placement or progression.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 10 or bust!
    After playing SCL 10 for the last few days I'm sure I'll stick with it.  I never played for placement, just progression.  I ususally just do 4 clears of each node and I can still do that with the increased difficulty.  I'm sure it will be harder when I don't have the 5 star champed but I can still cheese through the harder nodes with hammer cap and hawkeye and if worse comes to worse I can hit all the other nodes 6 times if I really can't handle the 5 star nodes.  I know I have done that before to get progression plenty of times when I haven't had the required 5 star rostered.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other (please explain)
    I will be back and forth between SCL 9 and 10.  I will play PvE SCL 10 for events that I have the 5* essential champed and/or I believe is an easier PvE like Meet Rocket & Groot. More difficult PvE will have me going back down to SCL 9 most likely or if I need to save time I will move down to SCL 9.