How will the new PvE rewards affect your choice of what SCL to play?

helix72
helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor

How will the new PvE rewards affect your choice of what SCL to play? 78 votes

SCL 10 or bust!
44%
KolencekillercoolxKOBALTxTaganovSnowcaTTBasepuzzlerjreddtiomonoLLohm[Deleted User]Awebermanmaguirenumber6DyingLegendPants1000brollshinnarutorobertbahAnoncrackninjacaptainheath 35 votes
I’m going up, but not all the way to SCL 10
14%
sinnerjflKGBTenebraeDogfaceskittledaddyMrEd95Ed_DragonriderdingoSouthside84lvsmr2StillMonsoon3 11 votes
I’m staying put
33%
IridiousNajboljiStevO-JpheregasJackTenrecTony_FootCaptain_CarlmanAmsha3garHalleckBubba3210grenadierjameshHeartbreaksoupHoundofShadowspidyjedi84carlj64Vins2RentedPandaScuba193Godzillafan67 26 votes
Other (please explain)
7%
wymtimerawfsuWarbringaLavaManLeebluewolfRhipf 6 votes

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    SCL 10 or bust!
    10 or bust: Personally, I’m going to give it a shot. Don’t like the CP loss in 9 so we’ll see how it works out. I don’t have any champed 5’s so I know I’m gambling.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m going up, but not all the way to SCL 10
    I was in 7 but I'm moving up to 8 for the 5* shards in progression (and potential placement).

I don't have anyone higher than L310ish so CL10 is a no-go unless reports say it's a lot easier than it looks.

KGB
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 10 or bust!
    I figured playing shield rank cl10 is a must to earn those 5 star shards. 

Yeah its going to be painful
    Yeah its going to take forever per clear
    But it's still a good chance for 5 stars and I'm not putting my faith in random pulls as this mentality stems from the horrible state of dilution. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m staying put
    I'm still staying put in SCL 7 because I don't want to spend more than 50 minutes a day on PvEs. I will move up when I move to 5* land.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 10 or bust!
    gonna give it a go and see what the increase in time for clears is. decide from there.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 10 or bust!
    I chose 10 or bust, but really, I'm just testing the waters. We'll see whether I have to remain at 9.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Other (please explain)
    I went up to CL8 but not by choice. 8^(
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 10 or bust!
    I've entered the Meet Rocket & Groot PvE at SCL 10. For a while now, I've focussed on getting full progression rather than placement, as despite having seven 5* champs, I still don't feel like I'm strong enough to be super competitive. I like the sound of the new reward system, so let's see how it goes.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 10 or bust!
    I’m progression and out, so I’ll play the highest SCL I can. I’m curious how it’ll go for me.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to give SCL10 a try for Meet R&G, see how it goes. I may end up sticking there, or I may drop back down to 9 if it's too tough or time-consuming.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m staying put
    I was playing SCL 8 before, as that seemed best suited to my roster.  The new rewards don't change that.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean it is a 4* cover at 5000 points Prog, why would you not try it at least once?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    I’m staying put
    After a lot of consideration I stayed in 8. Almost 5 years in play, QOL was more important for me.

19 5* champs, none over 460.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I’m staying put
    I’m level 100, so SCL 10 isn’t even an option. Since the 5* node is worth quite a few points in SCL 8, I’ll continue to play it when I have the required character and SCL 7 when I don’t. I hate to give up the 50 5* shards I could get from SCL 8, but it’d be 10 times for that character to be featured before I got a cover anyway.
  • Halleck
    Halleck Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I’m staying put
    I'll probably stay in SCL7 more often than not, but maybe go to SCL8 slightly more frequently. The 50 5* shards in the SCL8 progression rewards are enough to get my attention, but the increased time requirement is likely to remain the overriding factor.

Also, moving from SCL7 to SCL8 sacrifices 70 4* shards for the 50 5* shards. There's a very real possibility that even in the long-run, the 4* shards do more for my roster and enjoyment of the game.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 10 or bust!
    Well I wanted to go CL10, but I usually try to catch the second or third fill of slice 1, and C10 is just filling too slowly.  Have gone CL9 for Meet R&G. Will have to time my entry a little better if I want to join CL10 in the future.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    Tried SCL 10 with my solid 4-star roster. Entered a kind of new hell. I consider myself firmly smacked back down to SCL 8/9 where I belong....
    PVP is another story, SCL 10 all the way. Got to get those 5-star shards somehow.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 10 or bust!
    I play progression at my own pace. The bump in rewards seems worth the added difficulty. I have 13 5*'s none above 460.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other (please explain)
    It depends on the rewards, boosted 5* and how much time I have.  It's definitely not an either/or.  Most of the time, I will probably do SCL9.  However, if the rewards (like a new 4*) are good in progression and I have the boosted 5* champed and I have the time, then I will do SCL10.