Apocalypse Boosted List

2»

Comments

• chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2020
    i just go the slow but tried and true XFWolvie + XFDP.  DP's purple lands on black, which then Wolvie eats. keep 4Clops on for my third because he can one-shot (or stack Blue) 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    I just switched to using Kitty, Switch and Nightcrawler. So much fun. But even if your Kitty sucks you could go with Jean instead. Just make sure your Switch is set to 3/5/5 since you'll need Nightcrawler's purple. Collect green, red and purple until purple is the dominant color on the board, flood the board with purple until victorious.
    I had just switched to nightcrawler too, his blue is amazing vs apocalypse, since apoc doesn’t use the black he collects, it’s doing 2k damage per black, so easily doing 20k
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I stuck with my tried and tested team of Teen Jean, Carol and Scarlet Witch. 
    Between Carol's passive generating it, Scarlet Witch making it (accelerated by Carol's yellow) and Jean actually matching it, you've generally got more than enough people to deal with the special tiles on the board. Then you always have Carol's black as an added bonus. 
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:

Carol/Xpool/C&D easily get me all the way through round 8 with no health packs needed thanks to XPool's self heal.

KGB's team has been working pretty well for me (thanks).  We just hit round eight and I had a free shot at En Sabah Nur.  He had some crazy cascades and took out X-Force DP and Carol just as I cleared his last horseman.
    Fun time using his own trick against him and using C&D on healing version.  Chase red, black/yellow, purple, fire black when before he fires red and fire purple/yellow/purple whenever you have the AP.  Took him out solo, very satisfying.

Want to try Teen Jean/4clops/XF Wolvie that an alliance mate uses but my Cyclops is seriously undercovered/levelled.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    My alliance finished yesterday before 7 am EST. I used Kitty, Prof X 5* and Thor. I was never in need of a health pack on any boss fights but did need a couple on the subs.

My favorite sub combo by far was Prof X 5*, Nightcrawler and Switch. Bamf on purple was crazy fun and became winfinite. I used that on any sub where either switch or nightcrawler were required.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    I also had good results with KGB's recommended team of XFDP/C&D/C4rol. Thanks, @KGB

When my health got low (usually C&D) and I didn't feel like burning a health pack, then I'd switch to my tried and true C4ke/TeenJean/XFW team.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I loved Nightcrawler for this event.  Bamf has got to be one of my favorite powers in game.  It was really useful in a couple different ways, not just the purple Winfinite.  I used it when black was the predominant color at least once or twice to destroy death tiles and also used it on green (strongest color) to get rid of the AP drain from Famine (?)