MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2020 Edition (Updated 2/13/20)

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    Anon said:
    Are they seriously not going to update this?
    I think they're waiting for March before they update. The next/current pve events are Infinite Pursuit and Hearts of Darkness. The next ones for pvp are Falcon and Havok. And the next crash should be Prof X.
    We have to wait til March for updates? Maddening. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Wait. So it’s heart of darkness with the royal family 5e node in sub3 at lvl 600+ and the 5e is who? Havok? Sinister? That feels like a hard pass every day of the week. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the Havok thread:

Hearts of Darkness
    • March 1, 2020, 7:00am – March 6, 2020, 2:00am
    • Havok (Classic) Shards in Progression rewards
    That points to Havok being required but obviously unless there is confirmation here before then we wont know until March 1st.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    DAZ0273 said:
    From the Havok thread:

Hearts of Darkness
    That points to Havok being required but obviously unless there is confirmation here before then we wont know until March 1st.
    Technically we will know when the in game preview appears on Feb 29, but same difference.

It'll be Havok, of course.

My tinfoil hat is wondering if they are delaying posting info because they expect a negative response........

But then posting is so infrequent, it could simply be that too.  No time to update us.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

My tinfoil hat is wondering if they are delaying posting info because they expect a negative response........

I normally like to keep my tin foil hat in the cupboard but must admit it has been firmly on my head in agreeing with your comment above...
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    From the Havok thread:

Hearts of Darkness
    Even though his special store with Bolt and Surfer does not open till after the event. Mad.

Though one plus is you won't have to worry about the Royal Family on CL10!
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Have we ever had a 5* required in PvE that was actually released -after- a character that hasn't been required yet? 
    As in: Havok required prior to Sinister being the 5e?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't think of one. Profe$$or X was the most egregious one in recent memory; prior to that these types of crises seem limited to Shield Training requireds, like that time Main Event was required before he'd entered tokens.
  • bluewolf
    I can't think of one. Profe$$or X was the most egregious one in recent memory; prior to that these types of crises seem limited to Shield Training requireds, like that time Main Event was required before he'd entered tokens.
    Prof is the only one, ever, that was required before being in Latest, until now (presumably, but 99.999999% the case that Havok will be the next 5E).

The funny thing looking back is that Iceman's first run as a 5E was literally the event (TaT) that was the good Professor's release event with the HP store.  Iceman had just entered Latests a little bit before that.

I presume the new normal will be immediate 5Es for all new 5s, so it should become somewhat common to see the newest person have a 5E run before the prior 5 has theirs.  It would depend on how quickly they release 5's going forwards.  If for example we have 2 4's after Havok, then maybe Havok will have his first 5E as an official Latest before the next NEW5 debuts.
  • bluewolf
    Hopefully they eventually add a new Sneak Peek thread?

Falcon/Top Gun PVP is the last of the season.

Has Havok shards at the normal reward points and amounts, Moon Knight and Hood covers as well.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Preview up in game and Sinister is the 5E.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    And the 1st PVE after Heart of Darkness will have Karolina Dean and Gambit as 4&3* required characters. No clue about 5*. I am happy with Karolina.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Shards for BRB are listed in placement rewards, so I would assume that he would be the next 5* for whichever PVE is next?
  • bluewolf
    jtsings said:
    Shards'tfor BRB are listed in placement rewards, so I would assume that he would be the next 5* for whichever PVE is next?
    I agree that seems most likely.

However, there is probably an alliance event next (after HoD)....most likely they won't have 5* shards in there?  We don't know though.

The past year or two, the alliance events have not skipped any 5E, just delayed it until the next round.  It's probably the same now but it would be nice to know for sure.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @LakeStone since you are posting the other information, does this now fall to you?   Are we able to get any types of updates?   Is their a search party for the missing Devs?  
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's like that Mitch Hedberg bit.

"Devs, party of 2? Table ready for Devs, party of 2?"

"Bush, party of 3?"

"What happened to the Devs? No one seems to care. Who can eat at a time like this? People are missing!"
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    It’s not that we’re lazy, it’s just that we don’t care . Complain all you want , none of you are going anywhere . :)