MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2020 Edition (Updated 2/13/20)

Comments

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Any clue how the Havok PvP is going to line up with the 4* reward schedule? Moon Knight with Carnage then Mordo with Havok?
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Seeing as we are not getting any updates at the moment, I assume that with the infinite pursuit boosted characters showing in the preview, they will be the ones boosted next? 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted 4s: Black Widow, Elektra, Prof X, Quake, Thing
    Boosted 3s: Black Widow, Daredevil, Hood, Mags, Storm
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Boosted 4s: Black Widow, Elektra, Prof X, Quake, Thing
    Boosted 3s: Black Widow, Daredevil, Hood, Mags, Storm
    Wow that boosted list sucks.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe a boosted Thing is useful for the challenge node?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Maybe a boosted Thing is useful for the challenge node?
    Are you bringing Kitty too?  But then she makes her own Protects......he is very expensive.

There are almost certainly better options for you among your unboosted meta 4s that you 100% should have champed before you champ Thing.  He's probably like 60th or 70th in the tier, maybe lower.

If they just made his board destruction target-able he'd jump up about 20 spots.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    I champed Thing just for like something to do and man do I want my iso back. He is pathetic.That boost list sure is hot on damage mitigation though - they can either go invisible or use some sort of mechanic to reduce the pain. Coincidence or design?

Edit: I mean at 4* level.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Putting together Phoenix, Kraven and Colossus as essentials....I guess Kraven is not the worst person for some of the SAP spam you get in IP but it still feels like an intentionally bad group.

But I know the spreadsheet just said it was all their turn.....so here we are.
  • DAZ0273
    So Colossus throws Kraven airbourne and when he lands he does nothing which is the same as usual except if you hadn't thrown him airbourne he might have reduced enemy specials. And I don't even remember what Phoenix does. At least we have Elektra - she can give free strike tiles to the other side which Kraven can then reduce and then she can steal them back again, just not as good.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spending that black on Fastball Special over Kraven's black is definitely not a good move lol. His black can hit pretty hard if the AP stack are "right." it's a shame his blue is useless.
  • DAZ0273
    Yeah but who doesn't like throwing people into the air and then getting random free powers? It is literally the *only* thing about Colossus even remotely to like! I could Throw Kraven in the air and then he might land AND do his black power! Or he might do the blue one...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    If you spend all that black, and have none left for the CD to burn down, it just becomes doubly sad...
  • DAZ0273
    If you spend all that black, and have none left for the CD to burn down, it just becomes doubly sad...

Just like Colossus and Kraven!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    #MatchlessAnimalPowers

• DAZ0273
    If anybody has the slightest clue what is going on here I would love to know.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2020
    Spending that black on Fastball Special over Kraven's black is definitely not a good move lol. His black can hit pretty hard if the AP stack are "right." it's a shame his blue is useless.
    Kraven's blue is too expensive, that is true. But against a goon team, it will steal 1 AP per turn, and it will be specifically one of the few colors that goons generate. That will reduce their power spamming by a good percent, and you can plan what to use that AP for on your side. And hey, if the trap gets matched it's a bit of damage and adds your teams strongest color to the board. 
    Boosted Kraven black, to agree with others, (with ideal AP on both sides) hits like a truck.
    I'm not saying he's great, just that he's far from useless. Using him with 5* Carnage against mindless ones is fun & helpful for example. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    DAZ0273 said:
    If anybody has the slightest clue what is going on here I would love to know.
    @DAZ0273
    https://marvelanimated.fandom.com/wiki/Episode:Reinforcement

Best run of Spider Man... Too bad Disney bought Marvel during the run and they cancelled it for the tinykitty on Disney XD... Or am I thinking Avengers EMH... Might have been both...
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are they seriously not going to update this?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    #MatchlessAnimalPowers

Kraven looks like a cross between Sadam Hussain and Stalin and he’s stolen some poor women’s wig too 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Are they seriously not going to update this?
    I think they're waiting for March before they update. The next/current pve events are Infinite Pursuit and Hearts of Darkness. The next ones for pvp are Falcon and Havok. And the next crash should be Prof X.