Favorite Hero Resupply Offer

2»

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Due to D3 diminishing our resources, I waffled a bit, but it put me about 8 pulls way from getting Kitty her purple cover (currently 2/0/1). Unlike @DAZ0273, I've always been a sheep.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect that this offer is one last attempt by Demi to leech some HP out of the system before the value of shards goes down significantly (because they are about to become available from regular play). 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    I suspect that this offer is one last attempt by Demi to leech some HP out of the system before the value of shards goes down significantly (because they are about to become available from regular play). 
    Given the apparent cycles we are going to see:  

PVP 4s and 5s in alphabetical order; PVE continuing with LLLCC for both 4s and 5s  

A bundle of shards for the characters you want most could continue to be very attractive to a lot of players. 

Pvp will take 120+ days to get all the 5’s through. 4s will continue to take 270+ days (new characters or special PVPs will interrupt things). 

PVE for Classics takes a year for 5s and 2 1/2 years for 4s before you see them again. 

Dilution is still here and still gets worse with every new character. 

Allow me to skip the year long line and you might get my HP/money. (Might.)

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Given the apparent cycles we are going to see:  

PVP 4s and 5s in alphabetical order; PVE continuing with LLLCC for both 4s and 5s  

A bundle of shards for the characters you want most could continue to be very attractive to a lot of players. 

Pvp will take 120+ days to get all the 5’s through. 4s will continue to take 270+ days (new characters or special PVPs will interrupt things). 

PVE for Classics takes a year for 5s and 2 1/2 years for 4s before you see them again. 

Dilution is still here and still gets worse with every new character. 

Allow me to skip the year long line and you might get my HP/money. (Might.)

You are right on the math.  And this may still be a worthwhile deal for some.  But it still strikes me as an offer timed to get people to purchase based on our existing valuation of shards before the rewards changes.