Favorite Hero Resupply Offer

KGB
KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
Curious who bought this offer that includes 125 shards of your favorite 5*, 250 shards of your favorite 4* plus some mighty tokens and ISO for 3400 HP especially in light of the SCL10 announcement that shows a HP clawback for the middle class (casual player finishing 21-100th place).

I personally got it because I have 40K HP with nothing to spend on (I have a fully duplicated 3* farm in addition to every character rostered) AND because I need the 125 shards for Kitty as it brought her 490 shards and my 4/1/5 Kitty needs covers badly. The rest of the offer didn't matter much.

KGB

Comments

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Comparing to the Okoye deal from a few weeks ago makes it look really poor value. Also, 0.25 5* covers isn't very tempting. At least 250 could skip a couple of 4 champ levels to finish a 5. 
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2020
    If a 5* or 4* cover usually does not make a difference, fractions of them are just a mock. Mighty tokens in my experience have given me only one 4* since implemented and the hp price is way too high. 2500 hp would be more fair for what is offered and even then I probable would not buy. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did because why not? Also because I've had fine luck with Mighty Tokens giving out 4* covers. Got a Coulson from this offer and I think a Quake yesterday.
  • KGB
    edited February 2020
    bowla33 said:
    Comparing to the Okoye deal from a few weeks ago makes it look really poor value. Also, 0.25 5* covers isn't very tempting. At least 250 could skip a couple of 4 champ levels to finish a 5. 
    Well Okoye is one of the best characters in the game. Would you have spent that for say Banner?

In this offer you got to pick exactly which 5* you wanted to apply the shards to. Also if you buy shards in the shard store its 560 HP for 20 shards. So 125 shards is 6*560=3360 HP. So for 40 more HP you got a bunch of 4* shards, some mighty tokens and ISO. Seems like an easy choice if you have excess HP.

@Vhailorx: True about the reduced HP rate which I did mention. But with 40K HP that's roughly 30 roster slots for me (closing in on the magic 300 where it will cost 2K) or a years worth of new characters. I essentially never spend HP for shields since I can reach 900 for the 4* cover without shields and don't really care if I get beaten down 150 points afterwards. Pretty sure in a years time I will have plenty more HP accrued. The reduced rate will really hit the lower-middle class players (those starting the 4* transition) but won't affect upper-middle class (those finished rostering all the 4*), 1% (late game 5* players) or .1% (whales).

KGB
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know KGB, I think there is a fairly large class of established vets with deep 4* and maybe some baby champ rosters for whom a lot of HP comes from champ rewards and pve subs.

Unless I am missing something in the rather obfuscated infodumps we are getting from D3, I think those are the two sources of HP that have been hot the hardest.

I agree that  with a stash of 35k+ you are unlikely to feel the pinch anytime soon.  All the same, I think we all need to start adjusting our internal valuation rubrics for HP for the new realities.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    This gets my 5* TH to within 65 shards of a cover. Since targeting Prof X, I've gotten enough covers to champ him, so the sooner I can change targets, the better.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I caved. My 4* and 5* are Juggs and Okoye. Juggs was like 30 shards away from another level and with these 5* shards and the shards I get tomorrow my Okoye will be halfway done for her 4th black cover. Then I chase Shuri covers for the fifth black. Fairly easy decision, back to hoarding hp.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    bowla33 said:
    Well Okoye is one of the best characters in the game. Would you have spent that for say Banner?

In this offer you got to pick exactly which 5* you wanted to apply the shards to. Also if you buy shards in the shard store its 560 HP for 20 shards. So 125 shards is 6*560=3360 HP. So for 40 more HP you got a bunch of 4* shards, some mighty tokens and ISO. Seems like an easy choice if you have excess HP.

@Vhailorx: True about the reduced HP rate which I did mention. But with 40K HP that's roughly 30 roster slots for me (closing in on the magic 300 where it will cost 2K) or a years worth of new characters. I essentially never spend HP for shields since I can reach 900 for the 4* cover without shields and don't really care if I get beaten down 150 points afterwards. Pretty sure in a years time I will have plenty more HP accrued. The reduced rate will really hit the lower-middle class players (those starting the 4* transition) but won't affect upper-middle class (those finished rostering all the 4*), 1% (late game 5* players) or .1% (whales).

KGB
    I would have bought Banner. But I need to complete him. 
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I haven't bought the deal, but couldn't you theoretically set every single 4 and 5* character as your "favorite" and get shards for all of them?  It might be a good deal, in that case.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    If you have multiple favourite/target heroes, I assumed the shards would be randomly applied to one or divided among them. 

As good as the deal is, I don’t think I would be buying it. Champion rewards have a set number of shards to earn a certain number of covers. Getting additional shards only speed up the time to earn a cover but doesn’t actually get you additional covers. Unless these offers are offered more frequently, I don’t see a need to take it up. 

Edit: end up getting it to get the shards for Northstar. Need to build that up for shield training
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    bowla33 said:

KGB
    Just want to point out that shard store purchases increase for every 20 shards you buy.  So 120 shards from there will cost a lot more than 3360HP if bought at once.  Overall I think this deal was pretty good and I didn’t hesitate to buy.
  • KGB
    edited February 2020
    Vhailorx said:
    I don't know KGB, I think there is a fairly large class of established vets with deep 4* and maybe some baby champ rosters for whom a lot of HP comes from champ rewards and pve subs.

Unless I am missing something in the rather obfuscated infodumps we are getting from D3, I think those are the two sources of HP that have been hot the hardest.

You are not wrong, they have been hit hardest.

Its places 21-50 that are going to lose 100 HP. That's 3% of the players in the sub. Obviously if you are in that 3% regularly it's going to be a massive nerf to your HP accumulation but if you aren't there is no real change. But that 3% is very different than the 100% of players who are losing on HP in champ rewards.

With what I call a veteran roster (all but 10 4*s champed) I finish T20 regularly in PvE in CL7. So I get that 100 CP a day from a sub and it's why I am swimming in HP and since I do finish T20 regularly I'll most likely continue to swim in HP. Ironically, I'm also someone who essentially doesn't need the 100 HP a day since as I mentioned I have a fully duplicate 3* farm and 40K HP so I splurge regularly on offers like these.

My point about that is I wonder who is regularly finishing 21-50? If it's also players with full 4* rosters and they are just saving HP for 3* duplicate farms then yes, they will be slowed (and it's annoying) but it won't be affecting 3* transition players since they can't crack T50. Those are the ones who most need HP since they have to roster 90ish 4* characters. Clearly 3* transition players aren't playing CL9/10 but they are most likely playing CL7 (or possibly 8) so I'd like to know if 3* transition players can finish T50 in a sub regularly enough to accumulate seriously HP.

KGB
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

My point about that is I wonder who is regularly finishing 21-50? If it's also players with full 4* rosters and they are just saving HP for 3* duplicate farms then yes, they will be slowed (and it's annoying) but it won't be affecting 3* transition players since they can't crack T50. Those are the ones who most need HP since they have to roster 90ish 4* characters. Clearly 3* transition players aren't playing CL9/10 but they are most likely playing CL7 (or possibly 8) so I'd like to know if 3* transition players can finish T50 in a sub regularly enough to accumulate seriously HP.

KGB
    I just finished 49th in Thick as Thieves.  I missed one sub end completely and started the next sub 12 hours late.  I still finished ahead of 50th by 3k points.

21-50 is less about your roster and more about timely play and schedule management.  I don't think its worth it to nitpick over roster comp because they should be selecting cl on the basis of "Can I do std optimal in 30-40 min".  While most people think SR or Top blah blah chars should determine your which clearance level to play.  I simply just pick the level that allows me to do standard play in 30-35 min.

If you let time spent be the guide, then top 50 is simply making sure you start your play within an hour of the leaders and doing your normal clears at your normal pace
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering the last 5* shards offer for Kitty was $50 for 250 (which I hard-passed on), and this was 125 Kitty bits for ~11% of my HP stockpile, it was a no-brainer for me. She's up to 414 shards now at 4/5/3 coverage, so she's getting close. It was also enough 4* shards to bring my 4Torch up to a redeemable shard cover, which I'll use when he's closer to completion.

I opened one of the Mighty tokens from the bundle, and got my first-ever 4* from a Mighty token! 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Got it without thinking twice.  I got shards for the 5* I want, and other stuff, and have plenty of hp.  I know they are getting stingy with hp, but i don't spend on shields, so I believe I'm still hp positive.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I also bought this offer because I had 12,000 HP with nothing to spend it on. My targeted 5-star is Thanos who was sitting a 370 shards!!! Perfect deal for me. I just imagined the grind to earn the CP for 41 Latest tokens which would also have finished him... My 4-star shargetted hero was Modok to get him ready for Shield Training. Unfortunately a few hours later I learned that Northstar would have been a better option. 
  • itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I will get it, but I will wait for Northstar to be shardable first, hopefully before the offer expires. I still need 3 covers to 209 NS, and these 4* shards might just allow me to get there in time for shield training.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Northstar is available and I end up getting it for the same reason
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Vhailorx said:

You are not wrong, they have been hit hardest.

Its places 21-50 that are going to lose 100 HP. That's 3% of the players in the sub. Obviously if you are in that 3% regularly it's going to be a massive nerf to your HP accumulation but if you aren't there is no real change. But that 3% is very different than the 100% of players who are losing on HP in champ rewards.

With what I call a veteran roster (all but 10 4*s champed) I finish T20 regularly in PvE in CL7. So I get that 100 CP a day from a sub and it's why I am swimming in HP and since I do finish T20 regularly I'll most likely continue to swim in HP. Ironically, I'm also someone who essentially doesn't need the 100 HP a day since as I mentioned I have a fully duplicate 3* farm and 40K HP so I splurge regularly on offers like these.

KGB

I'm a pretty regular t50 finisher in SCL9. At that point, I think most of those near me are in more or less the same position: 5* players, but without Thano5 champed and/or not playing super tight on their timing. So yeah, it's going to probably mean picking up fewer Daily Deals and HP offers, but not going to be critical. However, I wouldn't be surprised to find that a fair number of semi-competitive occasional spenders fall in there.
    That said, if someone has the right 4* champs, they can probably manage t50 pretty reliably in SCL7 even with a whole bunch of characters still needing Roster slots. Those are the folks who really get hit here. But as you also pointed out, that's like 1-2% of the SCL7 players. Not really a huge chunk.