Did I miss the "all new thrilling content"?

2»

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    HoundofShadow said:
    All-new thrilling content - Thick as Thieves 3* to 5* essential changes midway and *Elite token replacing standard token in SCL 9 5* node. 

*SCL 7 is still giving Standard Token. What about SCL 8, anyone?
    It was still a Standard in SCL 8.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes you get the thrilling entertainment of slowly watching your selected 5 star go up by 3 points every time you open a LT .

So exhilarating

3/500
    6/500
    9/500
    12/500

Love it 
    That is the thrill that lasts all year(s)! I was just talking about January!
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:
    I assume North Star is the all-new thrilling content for January, possibly $ini$t€r too. I think I remember getting one free token in January - for the code red vault if I remember correctly - but I’m struggling to remember a second for ‘free tokens’ plural. 
    You also got a free Heroic token for...they didn't call it Chinese New Year, but I think that was the unspoken reason.
    You mean the Chinese/Lunar New Year that was represented by a black woman and two white people (Okoye, Stark, and I think Capt Mohawk) :|

They couldn't even give increased odds to the characters that would have celebrated (eg Jubilation, Cho, etc... )
    Cho is Korean isnt he? Is Jubilee really the only Chinese person in game? Surely not...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:
    I assume North Star is the all-new thrilling content for January, possibly $ini$t€r too. I think I remember getting one free token in January - for the code red vault if I remember correctly - but I’m struggling to remember a second for ‘free tokens’ plural. 
    You also got a free Heroic token for...they didn't call it Chinese New Year, but I think that was the unspoken reason.
    You mean the Chinese/Lunar New Year that was represented by a black woman and two white people (Okoye, Stark, and I think Capt Mohawk) :|

They couldn't even give increased odds to the characters that would have celebrated (eg Jubilation, Cho, etc... )
    Cho is Korean isnt he? Is Jubilee really the only Chinese person in game? Surely not...
    The only other one is Wong. There aren't really that many prominent Chinese Marvel characters to begin with. The Mandarin, Shang Chi, Colleen Wing, Jimmy Woo, Xorn. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    MrEd95 said:
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:

The only other one is Wong. There aren't really that many prominent Chinese Marvel characters to begin with. The Mandarin, Shang Chi, Colleen Wing, Jimmy Woo, Xorn. 
    Colleen Wing is originally Japanese in origin, not sure about the Netflix version.
  • MrEd95
    JHawkInc said:
    MrEd95 said:
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:

I know Chloe Bennet is part Chinese, so I guess a case could be made for Quake too, assuming that we have her version and not the comic one
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    MrEd95 said:
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:

I know Chloe Bennet is part Chinese, so I guess a case could be made for Quake too, assuming that we have her version and not the comic one
    Yeah, Cho is Korean-American, but they celebrate Lunar New Year also.  Chloe Bennet is actually Chloe Wang, she changed her name because she thought it'd be easier getting hired with a non Chinese surname.  She sings in Chinese!!!

Colleen Wing is Japanese in the comics.  

Xorn always confused me, like he was a real character, then was Magneto, but then it turned out to be Mags clone Joseph, but then that was a fakeout for the real Xorn?!?!?!

We can always count Hobo Fist, and 4* Black Widow (Scar Jo)  :D
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    MrEd95 said:
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:

Colleen Wing is originally Japanese in origin, not sure about the Netflix version.
    I remembered her as half Japanese and half Chinese, which is why I included her, but it appears that actual sources are vague. In the comics she definitely has a Japanese mother and grew up in Japan, but it's never said exactly where her dad is from (he's American, and studied Asian cultures, and I think people believe he's Chinese due to the last name, but that's not explicitly stated anywhere). Netflix appears to follow the same line (mother Japanese, father unknown, and the character speaks English and Japanese with limited knowledge of Mandarin from her childhood)

Just kinda reinforces how few Chinese Marvel characters we have, doesn't it?
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    MrEd95 said:
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:

Yeah, Cho is Korean-American, but they celebrate Lunar New Year also.  Chloe Bennet is actually Chloe Wang, she changed her name because she thought it'd be easier getting hired with a non Chinese surname.  She sings in Chinese!!!

Colleen Wing is Japanese in the comics.  

Xorn always confused me, like he was a real character, then was Magneto, but then it turned out to be Mags clone Joseph, but then that was a fakeout for the real Xorn?!?!?!

We can always count Hobo Fist, and 4* Black Widow (Scar Jo)  :D
    Scar Jo does have extremely impressive acting range on the race front. Although she isn’t the first Marvel actor to act a race other than their own. Robert Downey Jr did it first.

I’m not sure if Hobo Fist would count though. He has always been a blonde white guy, no matter his skill set