Did I miss the "all new thrilling content"?

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm pretty certain that I played every day in January? I don't recall being thrilled in a new way. I mean, it was OK as thrilling goes but not really new.

Or maybe the thrilling stuff is still to come?

Anybody get especially thrilled?

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I assume North Star is the all-new thrilling content for January, possibly $ini$t€r too. I think I remember getting one free token in January - for the code red vault if I remember correctly - but I’m struggling to remember a second for ‘free tokens’ plural. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats.  You've successfully gotten AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill stuck in my head.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    I assume North Star is the all-new thrilling content for January, possibly $ini$t€r too. I think I remember getting one free token in January - for the code red vault if I remember correctly - but I’m struggling to remember a second for ‘free tokens’ plural. 
    You also got a free Heroic token for...they didn't call it Chinese New Year, but I think that was the unspoken reason.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,760 Chairperson of the Boards
    Were you not thrilled by this new version of Thick as Thieves with surprise essentials?
    It definitely won't get more thrilling than that!
  • bluewolf
    edited February 2020
    Alfje17 said:
    Were you not thrilled by this new version of Thick as Thieves with surprise essentials?
    When your most exciting content is a mistake.....
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:
    You also got a free Heroic token for...they didn't call it Chinese New Year, but I think that was the unspoken reason.

Ah, that changes everything! Thrilled to the max!
  • DAZ0273
    Alfje17 said:

I was more confused but I guess also quite thrilled.

I guess January was quite the thrill overload after all, thanks Devs!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:
    You mean the Chinese/Lunar New Year that was represented by a black woman and two white people (Okoye, Stark, and I think Capt Mohawk) :|

They couldn't even give increased odds to the characters that would have celebrated (eg Jubilation, Cho, etc... )
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:
    You mean the Chinese/Lunar New Year that was represented by a black woman and two white people (Okoye, Stark, and I think Capt Mohawk) :|

They couldn't even give increased odds to the characters that would have celebrated (eg Jubilation, Cho, etc... )
    Is there an etc.? I guess we will get Bruce Lee Shang-Chi at some point.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering that too.

Celebrate all month long with FREE tokens, a Super Villain, more Shard options, and all-new thrilling content!

FREE tokens - checked

Super Villain - checked

More shard options - checked (Code Red Vault and $ bundle)

All-new thrilling content - Thick as Thieves 3* to 5* essential changes midway and *Elite token replacing standard token in SCL 9 5* node. 

*SCL 7 is still giving Standard Token. What about SCL 8, anyone?
  • bluewolf
    Technically, if you have an event where the exact mix of essentials weren't present before, it is new content?  I guess?

Ex:  Webbed Wonder was not run with Carnage, Wolfsbane, Daken, OBW as the essentials, ever, until January 27, 2020.

Infinite Pursuit was run as a 4 day event, it had been months since that happened.  Not entirely new, but...interesting?

And there was a new, never before seen, Northstar PVP when he launched.

Oh!  And how could you forget!  The Emma crash debuted!

New characters are, indeed, new content.  They are the vast majority of "new content" that the developers produce.

I suppose it's also possible they intended something else new - some kind of bigger deal - to come but didn't complete it in time.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's something for the veterans. SCL 9 players got a secret upgrade of Standard to Elite token. I think February might be the month they roll out shards. There were quite a number of delays last month.  B)
  • _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:

That was thrilling. I had no clue whatsoever about Emma's powers, so I discovered things!
  • bluewolf
    I think it's something for the veterans. SCL 9 players got a secret upgrade of Standard to Elite token. I think February might be the month they roll out shards. There were quite a number of delays last month.  B)
    I feel strongly that the new rewards are coming soon.  I presume they will be updated for all SCLs, or at least most.

The change in the 5E in SCL9 is far past due.  Hitting 515 enemies and getting a Standard out of it has always been weird.
  • DAZ0273
    _Vitto said:
    bluewolf said:

That was thrilling. I had no clue whatsoever about Emma's powers, so I discovered things!

Will you ever use her again unless forced at gun point?
  • _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    _Vitto said:
    bluewolf said:

Will you ever use her again unless forced at gun point?
    I'll tell you this: I'm quite comfortable even with gun-pointing.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Here are some straws, Forumites: Please help yourself to a free grasp at them!

Oh the environment.  Haven't you switched to paper or reusable straws yet?  ;) 
  • DAZ0273
    pheregas said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Here are some straws, Forumites: Please help yourself to a free grasp at them!

Oh the environment.  Haven't you switched to paper or reusable straws yet?  ;) 

Ha ha, good point! And to think I just made this thread to be needlessly sarcastic...with Emma and this we are actually learning things!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Is there an etc.?
    Psylocke  ;)