Please Fix Deadpool's Daily Quest

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's imagine that there is 4* daily DDQ that gives out one 4* cover like 3* DDQ.

What criteria would you set for this node?

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Let's imagine that there is 4* daily DDQ that gives out one 4* cover like 3* DDQ.

What criteria would you set for this node?

I think we could start at SCL 9 here,
    broll said:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Add SCLs to DDQ.
    There are a ridiculous amount of 4*s, there's no reason not to have higher SCL players get a 4* node instead of a 3* node.  Maybe even have SCL 9 (or 10 if it ever comes) have a 5* node with shards instead of covers.

I see something like this:
    SCL 1 - 1* node, 1* node, 1* node, 2* node, 2* node rewarding 2* specific cover, 1*, 2*, 3* node (offers ET or HT instead of CP)
    SCL 2 - Same as above but more ISO and HP rewarded
    SCL 3 - 1* node, 2* node, 2* node, 3* node, 3* node rewarding 3* specific shards, 2*, 3*, 4* node.
    SCL 4 - Same as above but more ISO and HP rewarded
    SCL 5 - 2* node, 3* node, 3* node, 3* node, 3* node rewarding 3* specific shards, 2*, 3*, 4* node.
    SCL 6 - Same as above but more ISO and HP rewarded
    SCL 7 - 2* node, 3* node, 3* node, 4* node, 4* node rewarding 4* specific shards, 2*, 3*, 4* node.
    SCL 8 - Same as above but more ISO and HP rewarded
    SCL 9 - 2* node, 3* node, 4* node, 5* node, 5* node rewarding 5* specific shards, 3*, 4*, 5* node, offers 5 CP.

Each SCL offers more ISO and HP than the previous even the ones that don't call it out specifically.  Obviously ranked up difficulty for each level as well.

And add a node like this, on top of the crash. Very much more this. I want quests that require we think and use certain tools. Puzzles, if you will.
    supergarv said:
    Oh I would so love for DDQ to get some variety or real puzzle/challenge mode. Like „place x concurrent strike tiles on board“ or „lose less than x health“ or „make z match-4‘s“. Whatever, this is the place to break the horrendous identical grind that is PVE and PVP. Heck even boss events get stale now.

the bare minimum would be to not make it so repetitive each day. Like the definition of insanity is really getting to me when playing DDQ. That or Groundhog Day.

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2020
    That's a lot of rewards for a start for a daily event.  :D
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Mmm, yes but no. 

Why not? 

Ddq is the proving grounds for players who are leveling their heros as the prologue is for starting players. So Ddq by itself serves a purpose already. 

Similarly, there are events to challenge 4* and 5* players which are not for 2* and 3* players no matter how much they try.

This is a natural and good learning curve for players with current features. 

Why yes? 

Probably some update to the pool of enemies would be good.
    Include shards? Yes, Probably would be a good starting point for devs to honor their Word and give players those free shards ingame they have been promising since the start.

Mighty tokens are a joke, i have gotten only two 4*s since they were introduced. 

So what to do? 
    The support events I recall were planned to run parallel to the tradicional game schedule, it would be a nice opportunity to have them back. Also the support store would become useful again. Since supports are useless for 2* and 3* it would be a good place to toy with variety, difficulty and prizes to obtain for 4* and 5* players. 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I like @supergarv 's idea a lot.  This is a great place to play a proper puzzle element as one of the matches.

Mainly with the DDQ, I'm tired of instinctively knowing which villains are coming next.  I'd be much happier if the third level had some of the latest 4*s as opponents.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ is fine the way it is. As someone already mentioned it is where you assess your progress after the Prologue. 

The thing I’d like to see return for those who want more 4* is Gwen Prix running every week M-F with a choice of shards and 4* covers each day.
    Just today I was thinking about this.

It has been run twice so far.

When it was introduced we all got excited for the prospect of the ability to earn one additional 4* cover, maybe every 5 days, maybe once a week, whatever.

Twice.

This game just feels like its coasting along, which is fine since most of the players are FTP casuals anyway.  I feel like the devs don't care anymore about the hardcore engaged people.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    DDQ is fine the way it is. As someone already mentioned it is where you assess your progress after the Prologue. 

The thing I’d like to see return for those who want more 4* is Gwen Prix running every week M-F with a choice of shards and 4* covers each day.
    I disagree with your first point as DDQ was where I consistently built up my 3* and how far I could get through the PvEs were my assessments. I just want something of the same for my 4*.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll admit I've been finding DDQ a bit more repetitive than I used to.  Am I imagining things, or did they used to have more variety in enemy teams?
  • bluewolf
    jamesh said:
    I'll admit I've been finding DDQ a bit more repetitive than I used to.  Am I imagining things, or did they used to have more variety in enemy teams?
    The OP pointed out that the DDQ is just the same nodes over and over on a 5 day cycle lately.  Yes, they definitely had more variety before.

I don't care if they update DDQ rewards or run Gwen Prix regularly, but with Limited 4's the 4 tier is now exactly twice as large as the 3 tier.  I think it's high time they did something to reward a few more covers.  (Not that I haven't brought this up before......)  Even shards for 4s would be better than the current state of things.

90 non-Limited 4's means 1,170 covers.
  • HoundofShadow
    I think you require a majority of the playerbase to shift their mindsets in order to move the needle.

MPQ's pitch for this game has been (I believe):
    Create your own epic dream team using Super Heroes and Super Villains! 
    Recruit your favourite Super Hero characters from X-Men, Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D., Guardians of the Galaxy, and more to create the ultimate Marvel dream team! 

It's all about creating your favourite dream teams. It's not "You must collect all the characters in order to create your dream team". Based on last revealed data about players' behaviours, many of them are focusing on their favourite characters even though they have characters that need more covers.  

If you want to gain more tractions, you need more players who wants to collect and champ all the characters.

When I started playing, I think there were about 130-140 non 1* characters. That's about 1690 covers. Out of those 100+ characters, I have only a few favourites (about 3 to 5 in each tier), and I didn't care about the rest. 

1170 covers seem like a lot, but if the players are only interested in a few characters, say 5, it's only 65 covers.

You need more players who have a need to champ them all.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    put a 4* node in that gives shards for the 4* character. have it give you enough shards for one cover if you finish it 4 out of the 5 days, then the lt the other day. 
  • bluewolf
    edited January 2020
    I think you require a majority of the playerbase to shift their mindsets in order to move the needle.

MPQ's pitch for this game has been (I believe):
    Create your own epic dream team using Super Heroes and Super Villains! 
    Recruit your favourite Super Hero characters from X-Men, Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D., Guardians of the Galaxy, and more to create the ultimate Marvel dream team! 

It's all about creating your favourite dream teams. It's not "You must collect all the characters in order to create your dream team". Based on last revealed data about players' behaviours, many of them are focusing on their favourite characters even though they have characters that need more covers.  

If you want to gain more tractions, you need more players who wants to collect and champ all the characters.

When I started playing, I think there were about 130-140 non 1* characters. That's about 1690 covers. Out of those 100+ characters, I have only a few favourites (about 3 to 5 in each tier), and I didn't care about the rest. 

1170 covers seem like a lot, but if the players are only interested in a few characters, say 5, it's only 65 covers.

You need more players who have a need to champ them all.
    Fair.

But the tokens still contain 90 4's.  And most people who play for a while do eventually have a goal of champing all the 3s and then think about the 4's.  If you're opening tokens and you decide to keep some of the 4's you get, (as you try to get those few you are interested in) you would like to have a way to feel like you're making progress on them too (get a few more covers maybe).

Also:  if you are only playing to collect your favorite characters and literally don't care about any others you will probably not be spending very much money and therefore aren't helping the game stay in business.  I mean maybe you buy a bundle very occasionally?  It's hard to say.

Many people who DO spend and are focused on building as many characters as possible would feel less overwhelmed if the rewards were increased even a little.

It's true, the game has a lot of ways to engage with it besides "do everything and play as fast as possible".  It seems to me that giving out a few more covers would ratchet up the roster pressure, though, for players at lots of different levels.  If you gave out a 4* a day that would mean about 4 covers a year per character, or close to 3 years of play to get all 90 4's to 13 covers that way.  Hardly a rapid pace.

On the other hand it's possible they have no interest in increasing rewards, as it keeps demand higher for their multiple bundles they are producing at a fast clip.
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    As long as they don't cut back on the Squirrel Girl.  Seeing her every day is what makes DDQ worthwhile.
  • HoundofShadow
    The players might want to keep all eventually  but I doubt they want to champ them all. In order to roster them all, you need roster spots. Roster Slots make up ~60% of  HP usage and Comic Packs 30%. Also, all those bundles help to bring in additional incomes. These bundles are "released" as new players progress throughout the game.

I think players who are in top 50 or top 100 alliances need to get out of those alliances temporarily and jump into top 5,000 or top 10,000 alliances for a month or two in order to feel the ground. There are disparities between how the top alliances and the average alliances think and play.

When the dev make changes to the game, they look at how it affects all tiers of players. However, top players are mostly only interested in how it affect their gameplay. Since this forum is mostly made up of high level players, the feedbacks and beliefs are more or less one sided.

The recent resources replacements in champ rewards show that even though people in here are saying all players are affected greatly, but based on their data, only certain groups of players are affected and it's the top tier players who are affected.

Giving out a 4* cover every day might not be a lot to you, but the one who stand to gain the most are deep 4* and 5* players. The lower tier players are probably going to be frustrated.

Currently, PvPs and PvEs give out one 4* progression cover every 3 days on average. However it requires 40 wins for most players and many more clears of nodes (probably 80?) in PvEs.

Grand Prix gives one 4* cover after 5 days, but I think it appeared only twice of thrice as of now.

Getting them to give out an extra 4* cover from every 5 days a month(?) to one extra cover is a huge jump for them. Another way to look at it is it's clearing 40 PvP nodes or clearing 80-100? PvE nodes to get one 4* cover vs clearing one node to get one 4* cover every day. I'm not saying they won't do it, but it's a huge step for them to take.

I think updating or adding node to give one Mighty Token every day is probably more achievable: one potential 4* every week, subjected to RNG(1:7). Players get 91 3* and 21 4* shards a week as well. 
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler

Grand Prix gives one 4* cover after 5 days, but I think it appeared only twice of thrice as of now.
    Twice, unfortunately.
    Funnily enough no communication as to when it will next run.
    I like to think Gwen's sat somewhere chewing a pencil surrounded by scrunched up failed manuscripts.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    I would definitely enjoy more variety. I have come to hate the Colossus, Bobby, Carol team.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Anyone notice that since this post the enemies on ddq have changed.  I almost wonder if there was an 'oops' moment. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess it was possible it was on the "to do" list and it finally came up as a task. With shards and SCL10 they have had a busy couple of months.
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Roland113 said:
    Anyone notice that since this post the enemies on ddq have changed.  I almost wonder if there was an 'oops' moment. 
    Last time they changed it was after everyone started complaining.  Everyone will quiet down for a while as this will repeat until we get sick of it, complain and it will change again